BS_Ding

Can't get past loading screen into lobby (PC)

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with PUBG. Essentially when I start the game, the BattlEye window opens, saying:

13:07:14: Starting BattlEye Service...
13:07:17: Launching game...
13:07:26: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
13:07:26: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Web Intelligence\swi_ifslsp_64.dll".

👉 Then the game launches as usual but gets stuck at the loading screen - See screenshot #1 - and doesn't go any further than that.

👆 The game is not frozen. The menu music is playing and when I press ESCAPE, the game menu opens up where I can set all my settings, restart lobby (which will just send me back to the loading screen) - See screenshots #2 and #3.

I just can't do anything really besides pressing ESCAPE and change settings. No lobby, no store, no BPs, ...

1. I am currently on Windows 7 SP1 - fresh install, with a fresh install of PUBG. The game is running on a GeForce GTX970 with latest drivers (CPU is a 4 Ghz i7, RAM is 16 GB). I haven't played PUBG in a while but did not have any problems prior to this.

2. BattlEye is complaining about a file related to my Sophos anti-virus software. This could be one of the reasons but I do not want to disable AV software in order to run PUBG. AV has the priority here. The game has to work with AV enabled and did so in the past.

3. Re-installing PUBG had no effect.

4. Verifying game files had no effect.

5. Deleting the config files in AppData had no effect.

6. Resetting Windows Firewall settings and manually allowing PUBG's .exe files (all of them) had no effect.

7. Restarting the router had no effect.

8. Rebooting the PC multiple times obviously had no effect.

9. Placing the PC on a pentagram and chanting in Latin had no effect.

It technically could be Windows 7 - however my friend has a very similar PC (GTX1080 vs. GTX970 being basically the main difference) and has no problems running PUBG on Windows 7.

If anyone of you experienced this problem and knows how to solve it your help would be appreciated!

Note: This is NOT related to today's patch. I am attempting to fix this for the last couple of days and was actually hoping today's patch will fix it magically.

20190410130748_1.jpg

20190410130755_1.jpg

20190410130801_1.jpg

Update: When I press BACKSPACE, it actually gives me at least the background of the lobby but nothing else:

20190410165430_1.jpg

Honestly, I'd get rid of Sophos, it's garbage. Get a better antivirus (such as Malwarebytes).

Update: Another re-install and launch while Steam was started with administrator privileges (as suggested in troubleshooting guide) also had no effect.

Hi, please go through all the troubleshooting steps in the guide above in order to locate the cause of the issue.

Same here about 7-10 days ago since last patch. 

Tried everything on internet forums, blogs. Guess there's a bug between Pubg and Windows since last patch and Windows update. I wished I could go back Windows update to test it.

Win10

Nvidia GeForce 1070

16gb ram

I5 6600k

SSD Samsung Evo 850 

Get a free VPN. It's a test is all. Use it to switch to another region. See if the game loads properly. Won't be great ping but like I said it's a test.

If the game loads properly when using a VPN then it's an isp issue. Start from there.

Thanks for the replies! I have so far tried everything I know of / mentioned in the guide without any effect. I will update this post in case I ever come across a solution!

Does anybody know if there is a way to enable a log in PUBG? Maybe a log file could shed some light on it! 🤔

Posted (edited)

i have 1400+ hours and now i have the same issue but no anti virus, went through all the steps mentioned above, even tried different bios versions.

Edited by moreChips