Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SoulbringerITA

Prominent stuttering since last patch

Recommended Posts

Hi, since last patch #27 I'm experiencing a lot of microstuttering during gameplay. Previously the game just run fine and ultrasmooth.

I have a 1080ti, ryzen 1700X cpu and 16gb of ram. The game itself is installed on a nvme SSD.

I've tried all the nvidia drivers since January and all have the same issue. I've tried disabling ingame replay and deathcam, disabling nvidia shadowplay, executing multiple clean install of drivers, used DDU, all to no avail: the microstutter persist and seems to occur every 30-60 seconds as showed by MSI afterburner frametime graph. I also noticed that the microstutters are triggered by changing equipped grenade type, by vaulting and generally by moving a lot. The microstutter is not present while waiting for the game to start in the map lobby.

 

If you're wondering, no it is not caused by msi afterburned, I've also tried disabling it...

 

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be glad to have a feedback from Bluehole as this problem seems real since update #27.

Also a couple of friends I play with have the same issue.

I've tried a lot of things all without success but it seems related to the game engine. After some testing I confirm the stuttering is triggered while executing specific actions, like looting items from the ground, sprinting and jumping (e.g. moving a lot), switching active grenade type, vaulting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, SoulbringerITA said:

Hi, since last patch #27 I'm experiencing a lot of microstuttering during gameplay. Previously the game just run fine and ultrasmooth.

I have a 1080ti, ryzen 1700X cpu and 16gb of ram. The game itself is installed on a nvme SSD.

I've tried all the nvidia drivers since January and all have the same issue. I've tried disabling ingame replay and deathcam, disabling nvidia shadowplay, executing multiple clean install of drivers, used DDU, all to no avail: the microstutter persist and seems to occur every 30-60 seconds as showed by MSI afterburner frametime graph. I also noticed that the microstutters are triggered by changing equipped grenade type, by vaulting and generally by moving a lot. The microstutter is not present while waiting for the game to start in the map lobby.

 

If you're wondering, no it is not caused by msi afterburned, I've also tried disabling it...

 

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

 

This is typically related to the drivers and there is plenty of documented experiences where this occurs that are unrelated to PUBG. My suggestion would be to roll back your drivers slightly and see if the issue persists. If it helps, Im running 417.35 and don't experience any stutter. There have also been a few reports of people solving stutters and freezes by updating their sound drivers too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Takarii said:

 

This is typically related to the drivers and there is plenty of documented experiences where this occurs and is not just PUBG related. My suggestion would be to roll back your drivers slightly and see if the issue persists. If it helps, Im running 417.35 and don't experience any stutter. There have also been a few reports of people solving stutters and freezes by updating their sound drivers too. 

 

I've tried all the drivers from January, 417.71 to 419.67. 

417.35 are too old and do not support Gsync compatible monitor that I use... But I've used 417.71 for months without any problem. Suddenly after latest patch I started noticing this stutter so I tried updating the drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SoulbringerITA said:

 

I've tried all the drivers from January, 417.71 to 419.67. 

417.35 are too old and do not support Gsync compatible monitor that I use... But I've used 417.71 for months without any problem. Suddenly after latest patch I started noticing this stutter so I tried updating the drivers.

 

I would still recommend trying older drivers to see if that makes any difference as a troubleshooting step. Most of the issues people have had regarding this type of stuttering seem to be related to 1080Ti's too from what I have read, which is odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Takarii said:

 

I would still recommend trying older drivers to see if that makes any difference as a troubleshooting step. Most of the issues people have had regarding this type of stuttering seem to be related to 1080Ti's too from what I have read, which is odd.

 

Yesterday I've tried older drivers but the stuttering is still there...audio driver are already updated, tried also deleting nvidia shader cache without success.

In other games I do not have stuttering...I think this is definitely game related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SoulbringerITA said:

 

Yesterday I've tried older drivers but the stuttering is still there...audio driver are already updated, tried also deleting nvidia shader cache without success.

In other games I do not have stuttering...I think this is definitely game related.

 

If it were specifically game related then I would expect far more people to be having the issue and those who have suffered the problem in the past and managed to solve it would likely still be suffering.

 

What background processes are you running at the same time as the game? Any active web browsers or other applications?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Takarii said:

 

If it were specifically game related then I would expect far more people to be having the issue and those who have suffered the problem in the past and managed to solve it would likely still be suffering.

 

What background processes are you running at the same time as the game? Any active web browsers or other applications?

 

There is Logitech Gaming Software for headphones and mouse, another app for the keyboard, AIDA64, Microsoft onedrive, msi afterburner & rivatuner (already tried disabling these 2).

I think that's all. I'll try playing with all those apps disabled and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

im having the same issue since the update i have studdering every 30 seconds are so updated all drivers and even delete pubg and reinstalled it

Edited by emacoman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Time to disable Logitech Gaming Software(probably), any apps for your keyboards, or anything else that is running constantly... Time to do some troubleshooting on your end, since most aren't facing the same issue. Let everyone know what caused the issue, since most players aren't having the same issues... Generally this due to what is running on your PC...

 

System Specs?

Edited by MKPeak
update... what are your startups? also system specs... Are you running Windows Insider?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since last patch I have exact same problem, stuttering and frequent crashes.. ill try rolling back the nvidia driver as they launched a new one, but I dont get this with any other game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, embecmom said:

Since last patch I have exact same problem, stuttering and frequent crashes.. ill try rolling back the nvidia driver as they launched a new one, but I dont get this with any other game. 

no fix on rolling back.. only two things changed on the pc ... Nvidia driver update... Pubg update... one is rolled back the other is not... I have reported many crashes to the team so hopefully a fix will sort this out as its unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the issue also, it seems to be a horizontal screen tear also, when I look up and down - Even though I've a solid 100fps and my screen refresh is 100hz atm.

 

It's noticeable when I tab out of pubg and back in - I thought this was an issue with being taken out of full screen but I'm still in full screen mode.

 

Definitely the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stuttering is bad lately with my entire squad, we have Ryzens, i7s (6950x OC'd), and even i9-9900k processors -- all decent rigs. We've been getting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 4:49 AM, SoulbringerITA said:

Hi, since last patch #27 I'm experiencing a lot of microstuttering during gameplay. Previously the game just run fine and ultrasmooth.

I have a 1080ti, ryzen 1700X cpu and 16gb of ram. The game itself is installed on a nvme SSD.

I've tried all the nvidia drivers since January and all have the same issue. I've tried disabling ingame replay and deathcam, disabling nvidia shadowplay, executing multiple clean install of drivers, used DDU, all to no avail: the microstutter persist and seems to occur every 30-60 seconds as showed by MSI afterburner frametime graph. I also noticed that the microstutters are triggered by changing equipped grenade type, by vaulting and generally by moving a lot. The microstutter is not present while waiting for the game to start in the map lobby.

 

If you're wondering, no it is not caused by msi afterburned, I've also tried disabling it...

 

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

 

For troubleshooting purposes have you tested in the training map? Results? Also does this happen if you stand still with no interactions?

 

I'm wondering if your stuttering is derived from replication and/or RPC's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just reinstalled PUBG and it's still the same.

I've found that when I boot up it can be really bad and then I can close down and restart it's not as bad but still noticeable.

 

Not sure what the issue is..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

 

For troubleshooting purposes have you tested in the training map? Results? Also does this happen if you stand still with no interactions?

 

I'm wondering if your stuttering is derived from replication and/or RPC's.

 

Tested in training map: there isn't any stutter while playing on the training map...the frametime is optimal without any hiccup even while grabbing items from the ground.

Since patch #27 something has changed and now every patch sometimes it gets better other times worse...but it is still present.

I definitely think it's game related, maybe something with replication as you say.

Edited by SoulbringerITA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to prevwnt microstuttering is to cap your fps using rta to your monitor refresh rate or a bit below if you re using a gsync one, so you get a flat line on your frame time graphic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 9:19 AM, KrYsis_88 said:

I get the issue also, it seems to be a horizontal screen tear also, when I look up and down - Even though I've a solid 100fps and my screen refresh is 100hz atm.

 

It's noticeable when I tab out of pubg and back in - I thought this was an issue with being taken out of full screen but I'm still in full screen mode.

 

Definitely the game.

Do you cap your fps within the game or using any kind of vsync free sync or gsync, i would suggest capping your fps using rtss rivatuner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SoulbringerITA said:

 

Tested in training map: there isn't any stutter while playing on the training map...the frametime is optimal without any hiccup even while grabbing items from the ground.

Since patch #27 something has changed and now every patch sometimes it gets better other times worse...but it is still present.

I definitely think it's game related, maybe something with replication as you say.

 

Well that definitely narrows it down. I'm definitely leaning toward it being a replication/update latency stutter.

 

The rate and delay in which we receive updates will cause stuttering. If your game client is expecting an update and doesn't receive it in a clocked timeframe then there's nothing for it to process, thus nothing for the gpu to render other than the last frame it rendered. Eventually the update is received and the scene is interpolated. This creates a stutter.

 

Anything beyond character movement in game relies on server authed events.

 

e.g.

You press a button to pick up an item. Your character goes through the animation process of it, but during the animation an RPC is executed. An RPC is your client telling the server you want to do something. The server executes the logic part and returns a result. If the result is "True", then the item is added to your inventory and removed from the game world.

 

If the server is bogged down (heavy load) or there's network issues, that RPC may be delayed in execution. Or it could be lost or ultimately timeout. If lost/timeout the item isn't added. Otherwise it's just a delay in response.

 

These can cause stutters.

 

The difference on the training map is max potential server load. Player count caps at 25 (afaik).

 

Another solid indicator would be stutter reduction in late game....final 3 phases, less than 20 players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...