I've just had my SSD (250gb with enclosure) boot me out of the game a few times tonight, when I tried to restart it said the game wasnt installed and the SSD wasn't connected.

Now when I play my mates on OG xbox's are loading in before me and my building load times are worse?

It was working perfectly for the first week or so, now 3 weeks in and I'm worse off.

3 hours ago, Slacky said:

I've just had my SSD (250gb with enclosure) boot me out of the game a few times tonight, when I tried to restart it said the game wasnt installed and the SSD wasn't connected.

Now when I play my mates on OG xbox's are loading in before me and my building load times are worse?

It was working perfectly for the first week or so, now 3 weeks in and I'm worse off.

I had a similar problem with my first ssd, found out the Xbox USB output is 1amp max, the ssd I had was 1.4amp. My current ssd only requires 0.6 and not had any disconnects.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I tried mine out just a short time ago and it was back to normal. I most always land Leones on Miramar and it was completely loaded each time on the flight in. Not sure what the issue was, SSD or PUBG but it’s functioning as I expect it too for now.

Edited by Gamble909
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I need some help! 

Im in process of getting a SSD but im not tech savy at all..

1. Does all SSD need an enclosure?
2. How do i know if a SSD needs an enclosure or not? 
3. Which brand is the best for the cheapest price? (Im broke as fuck, Paris is expensive. By broke i mean my budget is 25-40 euros)
4. Is there anything specifically i should look for when getting an SSD that will be used only for PUBG?

Appreciate all tips and help!

Edited by AmaZedgorilla

11 minutes ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

I need some help! 

Im in process of getting a SSD but im not tech savy at all..

1. Does all SSD need an enclosure?
2. How do i know if a SSD needs an enclosure or not? 
3. Which brand is the best for the cheapest price? (Im broke as fuck, Paris is expensive. By broke i mean my budget is 25-40 euros)
4. Is there anything specifically i should look for when getting an SSD that will be used only for PUBG?

Appreciate all tips and help!

If its an external SSD then you don't need the enclosure. Cheapest way to do it is to buy an internal with an enclosure.

I went for this combo 👍

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADATA-SU800-3D-NAND-Long-Endurance-ASU800SS-256GT-C/dp/B01K8A2A0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1552651834&sr=8-1&keywords=adata+su800+256gb

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORICO-Enclosure-External-Tool-Free-High-Speed-2189-2/dp/B07DNCY6F8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1552651705&sr=8-1&keywords=ORICO+USB3.0+to+SATA+III+2.5"+External+Hard+Drive

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

Thank you chief!! 

I will probably go for this combo, dont want to take any risks of buying the wrong stuff when money is tight

• Like 1

Just now, AmaZedgorilla said:

Thank you chief!! 

I will probably go for this combo, dont want to take any risks of buying the wrong stuff when money is tight

No problem, it's easy to setup. SSD slots into enclosure then USB it to the xbox. It will ask you to format it, say yes. Once that's done you can move Pubg onto it (I had to reboot my xbox before I could do that though). Then you're good to go, should notice a big difference in load times......Hacienda will be playable again 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

No problem, it's easy to setup. SSD slots into enclosure then USB it to the xbox. It will ask you to format it, say yes. Once that's done you can move Pubg onto it (I had to reboot my xbox before I could do that though). Then you're good to go, should notice a big difference in load times......Hacienda will be playable again 👍

Sweet, seems easy enough! 

Cant wait to drop into bootcamp/Paradise/Pecado/hacienda/abbey/villa without issues 😈

Will finally be able to push my KD up to atleast 4+.. been keeping a steady 3.20KD the last few weeks 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

Sweet, seems easy enough! 

Cant wait to drop into bootcamp/Paradise/Pecado/hacienda/abbey/villa without issues 😈

Will finally be able to push my KD up to atleast 4+.. been keeping a steady 3.20KD the last few weeks 

Depends how many of those kills are other players through the floor/ceiling/walls when you land 🤐

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, rondo101 said:

Depends how many of those kills are other players through the floor/ceiling/walls when you land 🤐

I dont have that issue. Even if i have an OG without SSD i have walls when i land but they are "play doh", cant see through walls. So maybe 1 or 2 kills in a few weeks have been "cheat kills" where i havent realised there is supposed to be a wall.

I have decency and honor so i dont shoot through "invisible walls" when i know theres supposed to be a wall there. I rather pick up a vest, helmet and get a proper gun fight rather than go for those cheap kills.

Reason to why i have play doh walls might be because i only have 2 games installed on my xbox so my HDD might be reading faster than others OG when they have several games and used all capacity of the HDD. I dont know tho its a mystery to me, like i said im no tech savy person

Edited by AmaZedgorilla
  • Like 1