Sign in to follow this  
#1 Xbox

Make the walls the same as the base of the map

The amount of times I've died to someone walking through walls like it's harry potter is ridiculous.

The bottom of the map renders in instantly so people cannot shoot through it, why not make buildings do this too? I'm being shot through walls because I've spent more money on an Xbox, should we really be getting penalised for having the better console?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, #1 Xbox said:

The amount of times I've died to someone walking through walls like it's harry potter is ridiculous.

The bottom of the map renders in instantly so people cannot shoot through it, why not make buildings do this too? I'm being shot through walls because I've spent more money on an Xbox, should we really be getting penalised for having the better console?

It's not just the xbox1x. It happens to anybody that has the game installed on an SSD.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spanker63 said:

It's not just the xbox1x. It happens to anybody that has the game installed on an SSD.

True, either way. If they can't fix the rendering, at least make the walls bulletproof 24/7 so we don't get shot through them.

3 minutes ago, #1 Xbox said:

True, either way. If they can't fix the rendering, at least make the walls bulletproof 24/7 so we don't get shot through them.

I'm not sure they have control over that. I'm not sure what's actually hard-coded into the engine and what they can actually change.

Posted (edited)

I'm quite new to the game but I'm not really understanding how people without ssd or newer Xbox gain am advantage here? My buildings take an age to render and 99% of the time trying to enter them before they do is suicide... I get stick in the floor, i can't pick up weapons easily if I do manage to see some and get to them without getting stuck, and more often than not someone who loaded up much faster comes charging in and blasts me! ... all kitted out and set up with weapons long ago 😂

Hell, once I even fell through the floor and spent the next 5 minutes in the lake of the abyss! .... I dropped around 60ft into a lake and up above me was the map viewed from underneath 😂😂

I really can't see how this is an advantage unless there are known areas where this stuff doesn't happen and people with old kit are purposely heading there? 

Edited by Aguy9916

31 minutes ago, Aguy9916 said:

I'm quite new to the game but I'm not really understanding how people without ssd or newer Xbox gain am advantage here? My buildings take an age to render and 99% of the time trying to enter them before they do is suicide... I get stick in the floor, i can't pick up weapons easily if I do manage to see some and get to them without getting stuck, and more often than not someone who loaded up much faster comes charging in and blasts me! ... all kitted out and set up with weapons long ago 😂

Hell, once I even fell through the floor and spent the next 5 minutes in the lake of the abyss! .... I dropped around 60ft into a lake and up above me was the map viewed from underneath 😂😂

I really can't see how this is an advantage unless there are known areas where this stuff doesn't happen and people with old kit are purposely heading there? 

An example I had recently on Vikendi was a guy shooting me and running through wine barrels he hadnt loaded yet. He was fully behind the barrel on my screen, killed me and then ran through the barrel that hadnt loaded for him yet.

When everything is supposed to load in at once it ends with players falling through the floor. 

They changed it so it loads in slower, so buildings should pop up and be ready for you when you land, but loot now isn’t. Anybody without an SSD or 1X still lags behind because their consoles can’t load everything quick enough still, but at least the floor is solid. 

If they change anything again, people will end up under the map again. It’s one way or the other 

1 hour ago, Aguy9916 said:

Yeah its not a disadvantage to play on the 1x/ssd. I kill so many people stuck in walls/floors

2 hours ago, Aguy9916 said:

Some people got used to this like I did before buying the X1X+SSD, ye you can run straight the weapon you see and stay there watching where the people is (silly me this is what I did before) 

5 hours ago, spanker63 said:

I'm not sure they have control over that. I'm not sure what's actually hard-coded into the engine and what they can actually change.

I remember when miramar came out, people tried to shoot me many times through walls and even getting hit w blood n all, I never took dmg from them, also vehicles trying to run over because they don't see the building, remember I never dies because of that, not sure what they changed but is obviously different now

What's crazy to me is that they identified what the problem was over a month ago and still haven't fixed it. I cant remember the exact post but they were basically saying there was an issue where LOD (level of detail) 0, which is play-doh buildings, weren't loading and it was only loading once LOD 1, which is full detail, was rendered. It should load once LOD 0 is rendered, which would stop people from walking/shooting through them, then apply the LOD 1 rendering to the already loaded building once it. So, they know what is happening but somehow they don't know how to fix it.

So yeah, not having buildings render results in getting stuck in buildings and walls, and having that uncontrollable bunny hop thing happen if u walk on an unrendered surface (lots of the town's have those for pavements etc)

However, if u land somewhere there is loot lying on the floor, or on a bench, then u can pick those up and shoot people who are happily looting inside the buildings that haven't rendered for you yet.. hence the advantage..

And in terms of loading in playdoh before they fully render, I remember one of the first games I ever had on Miramar. The rendering was so bad back then. I landed in Los whatever its called (the large town) and was so confused as it looked so open and empty.. there were just no buildings!! And I could see people running up through the sky collecting loot.. it was crazy!!

Loading in the playdoh first eliminates a lot of problems, but they should be solid I agree

This is my biggest issue with the game right now. I've stopped dropping Pecado gym because I'm sick of being shot through the walls, ceiling or floor.

They should set it to where you take consistent damage if you try to run through walls. As far as shooting through walls they should something along the lines of invisible walls before the wall actually loads that way they can't hit you.

I understand that parts of the map are terrain and others are placed objects... but what I don't get is why buildings will load without stairs.

6 hours ago, pajama dad said:

I understand that parts of the map are terrain and others are placed objects... but what I don't get is why buildings will load without stairs.

It's BlueHole trolling everyone

5 hours ago, Scotty_rocket said:

It's BlueHole trolling everyone

No... I do understand why the stairs load in afterwards... I just think it sucks.

well guys i can´t drop in any hot spot.  render takes 10 seconds.  people are ghost walking and shooting into walls.  XB1X NO SSD.    fair game if everything is render for everyone at the same time.