Burrokill

Headset (Super human hearing)

Hello I want to know which headset do you use and how good is the sound especially for hearing footsteps and gunshots. 

I'm using an tb stealth 700 and only play with superhuman hearing, its good for footsteps but kinda hard to locate the directions from gunshots. 

I read some good reviews about the 

LS35X 

steelseries arctis pro 

Turtle beach elite pro 2 

Sennheiser game zero 

I want to upgrade if there are better options than the stealth 700. I don't care about a loud bass I'm searching for a headset that provides a good sound for locating footsteps and gunshots 

Im not interested in a fanboy discussion where people love astros or hate tb for example. Just want a real use feedback from players that own various headsets. As far as I know is the tb superhuman hearing option not that bad but unsure if there are better options in the market? 

Thanks for sare your experience 

I have a TB elite pro with the tactical audio controller and I use the shooter preset. It's the only one I like. 

I had a set of the Turtle Beach 800x but after 2 pairs both prone to cutouts and digital screeching, I downgraded to the stealth 700s. They lack some of the nicer features of the 800x but they don’t cutout and the game sounds appear to be identical in signature sound mode ( using Windows Atmos settings too).

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 6:52 AM, Burrokill said:

Hello I want to know which headset do you use and how good is the sound especially for hearing footsteps and gunshots. 

I'm using an tb stealth 700 and only play with superhuman hearing, its good for footsteps but kinda hard to locate the directions from gunshots. 

LS35X 

steelseries arctis pro 

Turtle beach elite pro 2 

Sennheiser game zero 

I want to upgrade if there are better options than the stealth 700. I don't care about a loud bass I'm searching for a headset that provides a good sound for locating footsteps and gunshots 

Im not interested in a fanboy discussion where people love astros or hate tb for example. Just want a real use feedback from players that own various headsets. As far as I know is the tb superhuman hearing option not that bad but unsure if there are better options in the market? 

I've been through quite a few headsets in my my 15+ years of Xbox. My newest setup is Turtle beach Elite Pro TAC and Sennheiser GSP 600. I use Game Mode and Superhuman Hearing mode. I love this set up and will be keeping this for a whole....

IMG_20190302_132912.jpg

Edited by VinnieB
  • Like 1

Nice so with the tac you can activate superhuman hearing with the gsp 600?

So I guess the gsp 600 sounds much better than any tb headset? 

How is the location with your setup? 

I could get a gsp 600 for a cheap price but not sure if I can get the tac alone what do you think gsp and astro mix amp pro tr to the gsp 600? 

Or the steelseries dac to gsp 600? 

1 hour ago, VinnieB said:

I've been through quite a few headsets in my my 15+ years of Xbox. My newest setup is Turtle beach Elite Pro TAC and Sennheiser GSP 600. I use Game Mode and Superhuman Hearing mode. I love this set up and will be keeping this for a whole....

IMG_20190302_132912.jpg

Nice so with the tac you can activate superhuman hearing with the gsp 600?

So I guess the gsp 600 sounds much better than any tb headset? 

I could get a gsp 600 for a cheap price but not sure if I can get the tac alone what do you think gsp and astro mix amp pro tr to the gsp 600? 

3 hours ago, Burrokill said:

Nice so with the tac you can activate superhuman hearing with the gsp 600?

So I guess the gsp 600 sounds much better than any tb headset? 

I'm not a fan on the Astro mixamp. I have no experience with Steelseries's DAC. But yes, with the TB mixamp, you can use superhuman hearing. And yes, the GSP 600's are probably the best sounding gaming headset. 

My buddy has the TB 700 and he also uses superhuman hearing, after he listened to mine , he likes my setup a lot better. 

• Like 1

So I'm getting the same setup. What about the game chat does that work fine with the tac I only now if I use a gsx 1000 I have no chat with the gsp 600 on the xbox 

8 hours ago, VinnieB said:

I'm not a fan on the Astro mixamp. I have no experience with Steelseries's DAC. But yes, with the TB mixamp, you can use superhuman hearing. And yes, the GSP 600's are probably the best sounding gaming headset. 

My buddy has the TB 700 and he also uses superhuman hearing, after he listened to mine , he likes my setup a lot better. 

5 hours ago, Burrokill said:

So I'm getting the same setup. What about the game chat does that work fine with the tac I only now if I use a gsx 1000 I have no chat with the gsp 600 on the xbox 

It works fine. With the GSP 600, they give you two different cables for the headset. One for PC and one for Xbox (it's used to plug into the controller). I use the one for Xbox and plug that into the mixamp. You'll then need to use the chat cable that comes with the mixamp and plug that into your controller and your mixamp. After that, it's pretty simple. The settings for the Xbox are in the instructions with the mixamp. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 1:15 AM, Burrokill said:

On 4/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, VinnieB said:

It works fine. With the GSP 600, they give you two different cables for the headset. One for PC and one for Xbox (it's used to plug into the controller). I use the one for Xbox and plug that into the mixamp. You'll then need to use the chat cable that comes with the mixamp and plug that into your controller and your mixamp. After that, it's pretty simple. The settings for the Xbox are in the instructions with the mixamp. 

Let me know when you get everything and if you need any help. 

It should arrive in approximately a week. By the way do you use it with stereo sonic or dolby? 

On 4/6/2019 at 3:44 AM, Burrokill said:

It should arrive in approximately a week. By the way do you use it with stereo sonic or dolby? 

I have it set to: Audio output/Speaker audio/Optical audio:Bitstream/Dolby. 

Sonic is only available in headset audio. Don't let that fool you tho, that's when you have a headset plugged directly into your controller. In this setup, you're only using your controller to get chat.  

Dont rely on reviews or opinions. Go to best buy and take advantage of their return policy and geek squad insurance. Tried 5 headsets before I settled on the a50s for volume and directionality. Nothing can compare with actually trying the headsets for yourself to see what works best for you. Opinions vary and so will yours.

Posted (edited)

LS35X 

steelseries arctis pro 

Turtle beach elite pro 2 

Sennheiser game zero 

LS35X 

steelseries arctis pro 

Turtle beach elite pro 2 

Sennheiser game zero 

If you want better positional audio , switch your audio settings to stereo in the Xbox  Settings/Audio. Surround sound is pointless when you're just using a headset. Surround sound works best when you have a 5.1/7.1 sound system. You're listening to the game audio with only two drivers. Thank me later

Edited by KilledByMnK

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, KilledByMnK said:

If you want better positional audio , switch your audio settings to stereo in the Xbox  Settings/Audio. Surround sound is pointless when you're just using a headset. Surround sound works best when you have a 5.1/7.1 sound system. You're listening to the game audio with only two drivers. Thank me later

You're right but also wrong, in this case. The mixamp is using DTS:X (for stereo headphones) with Dolby encoder. 

DTS Headphone:X brings the 3D surround sound experience of DTS:X to a headphone near you. The technology can simulate the 3D environment of the original mixing stage of any audio input in order to produce 12 channels of binaural surround sound, thereby creating an immersive, cinematic audio experience for the listener. 

Edited by VinnieB
  • Like 1

Simulated surround sound is totally different from real 5.1/7.1surround sound. That is all just a gimmick for you to spend money on their product. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KilledByMnK said:

Simulated surround sound is totally different from real 5.1/7.1surround sound. That is all just a gimmick for you to spend money on their product. 

It works....

And you don't have to tell me. I have an actual theater room in my house. 

Edited by VinnieB
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, VinnieB said:

It works....

And you don't have to tell me. I have an actual theater room in my house. 

Im playing with the gsp 600 still waiting for the turtle beach tac to arrive I'm curious to hear the difference but the gsp sounds good without the tac already but I'm missing the superhuman hearing 

1 hour ago, Burrokill said:

Im playing with the gsp 600 still waiting for the turtle beach tac to arrive I'm curious to hear the difference but the gsp sounds good without the tac already but I'm missing the superhuman hearing 

Nice, sounds way better with the TAC. Wayyyyy better. Just wait, you'll love it. 

18 minutes ago, Burrokill said:

Hope so sadly have to wait at least a week until the tac arrives 

That sucks. Did you order it from Amazon? Are you in the US? I ordered mine from Amazon and got them the next day. 

1 hour ago, Burrokill said:

Got mine from the UK bought it second hand over ebay 

Gotcha. Can't wait for you to get it.