Sign in to follow this  
Ya Gramps

Put Mp5k on all maps

C'mon guys, the MP5 (and MP5k) is a legendary weapon- instantly recognisable in nearly every action film of the 80's and 90s. It's far more iconic than the UMP and deserves to be on all maps.

If you want an SMG just for Vikendi, make it either the UMP or the Vector.

Micro Uzi and Tommy Gun are iconic enough to be on all maps too, so leave them as they are.

Here's a GIF for a bit of flavour.

mp5k.gif

• Like 5

+1. Was about to make a post about it myself. It's my favourite weapon in the game and makes no sense to lock it to one map. IMO no weapon should be map specific, just makes people use them less since theres no point learning weapons for specific maps when you can learn 1 weapon for all maps

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ya Gramps said:

C'mon guys, the MP5 (and MP5k) is a legendary weapon- instantly recognisable in nearly every action film of the 80's and 90s. It's far more iconic than the UMP and deserves to be on all maps.

100% agree.

Add all weapons in all maps. Not only MP5K we should have SCAR L, G36C, Mini 14 and Vector should be in every map as well. Because there isn't any logical explanation we cannot have them as soon as they are different than each other. 

All they have to do they reduce nonregional weapons spawn rate and increase the rate of regional weapons spawn rate with balance. Which is one of the easiest thing comparing to the other things that the game have made.

Weapons are not define the difference between maps. They are the main thing that makes this game unique and different than the other games. Decking them, their mechanics, situational use etc. is one of the main part of the game. Restricting them making it only simplify the game which makes the game is becoming boring in time.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

I guess I will be the one to disagree with this request.

I like the variety of having some weapons on some maps. It changes things up and gives a reason to look forward to playing a certain map. Otherwise what would happen is you would simply have the same weapons being used and sought after by everyone on all the maps. I like the variety of needing to change things up based on the map I am on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i also like the idea of having unique weapons on certain maps like the g36 on sanhok and the mp5 on vikendi because it adds up to the differences to all maps. plus having all weapons on all maps would fill up the loot pool so it would get harder to find a certain ar or smg.

Edited by Baits

1 hour ago, LuckImpaired said:

I guess I will be the one to disagree with this request.

I like the variety of having some weapons on some maps. It changes things up and gives a reason to look forward to playing a certain map. Otherwise what would happen is you would simply have the same weapons being used and sought after by everyone on all the maps. I like the variety of needing to change things up based on the map I am on.

With much variety you can play with more different combinations.

Maps have their unique beauties its own with loot density, loot quality, vehicle differences, layouts, weathers, in game time, cities, buildings, foliage, covers etc. But if you make a perfect weapon which suits for Sanhok and you put that one in Vikendi it's just a stupidity but nothing else.

Regional weapons shouldn't be game changer weapons such as DP win94 etc but the other good weapons such as MP5K, Bizon, G36C etc. must stay in all maps. 

On the other hand there are lots of players who has their favourite map and least favourite or hated map. If you put a wonderfull weapon in their hated map it become a problematic. Or if a player has a favourite weapon in their favourite map and you remove that weapon called as replace, it will be problematic as well.

I don't see any harm of more variety in a single game, instead it brings more fun with the randomness which you play different weapons and made a different journey. To be honest I'm playing always with the same weapons which bores me.

1 hour ago, Baits said:

it would get harder to find a certain ar or smg

Does it matter as soon as they are balanced between eachother. 

If we play FPS games that we can play whatever we want, what makes BR different than that?

Randomness and making a decision depends on that randomness is the thing that makes this game is unique and beautiful. If I know where the circle will be it won't be fun as much as the same. If I play whatever I want it made the same effect. But if this is a BR then we should play whatever we find. 

Having the mp5 on all maps would be nice. The gun is VERY controllable and a bullet hose with a x2 scope, literally no recoil. Just like the bison with a x4. Add a compensator and your golden.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Delakroix said:

have not seen this weapon at all so far.

Bet you have ( assuming you have played on vijkendi )  you probably thought it was a scorpion, because it looks very similar on the ground.

I am not sure why they would put this model of the mp5 in instead of the actual iconic one :/

Either way I tried it and it was trash,  very slow firing and low impact bullets, almost anything else is a better option imo.

The only reason they changed the vector is because no one would have ever picked up the mp5k if the vector was still an ACP beast.

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Baits said:

i also like the idea of having unique weapons on certain maps like the g36 on sanhok and the mp5 on vikendi because it adds up to the differences to all maps. plus having all weapons on all maps would fill up the loot pool so it would get harder to find a certain ar or smg.

The G36 is only on vikendi also

Sanhok has the QBZ  and QBU

Its funny I don't really like any of the map specific weapons, I will take a G36 on vikendi because you are literally tripping over them on that map.  but I would swap for an M4, probably even without a tac stock.  Same for QBZ, and the QBU I would take an M16 over.  For me all the map specific weapons are poor counter parts to those they replaced.

If they put all weapons on all maps, then your chance of finding the one you like will go down on all maps.

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

Bet you have ( assuming you have played on vijkendi )  you probably thought it was a scorpion, because it looks very similar on the ground.

I am not sure why they would put this model of the mp5 in instead of the actual iconic one :/

Either way I tried it and it was trash,  very slow firing and low impact bullets, almost anything else is a better option imo.

The only reason they changed the vector is because no one would have ever picked up the mp5k if the vector was still an ACP beast.

I dig you on the weapon model. The original lesser tactical looking one is better IMHO. I guess they really needed the rail grip to justify the attachments, but they should've used the folding stock or the telescopic stock version - more badass.

I finally got to pick up one last night and I guess it was ok FWIW. I paired it with the EBR and made one successful close quarter kill. The extended mag allows for advanced firing around corners/obstacles in TPP making sure you get your shots registered. This or the vector, i think the ROF is the only thing setting them apart use-case.

1 hour ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

I'd say both the K model and the older A3ish with the conical grip are fairly evenly well known. The A3 lookalike mostly for showing up as a SWAT weapon of choice or in other roles in films like Stargate, Die Hard, The Rock, and S.W.A.T.

3337dabbe0a7a8e69f1a87364934b502.gif

...whereas the MP5k shows up more often in all-out action fare, on both sides, seen in films like True Lies, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Terminator 2, and The Matrix etc.

ConstantRapidArmednylonshrimp.webp

Some films choose to feature them both, sometimes used together or against each other, like Lethal Weapon 2 and Die Hard 2.

But both are pretty iconic. Certainly more so than the much less often seen SD model, for instance.

3 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

Probably they want to increase the use buttstock for different weapons.

There is another thing as well. MP5K and MP5 has significant differences between each other. One of the difference is rate of fire. MP5K shoots 900 bullets per minute while MP5 shoots 800. Probably they planned to replace with Vector before they add, that's why they added MP5K.

But from top to bottom they are different weapons, so there is no reason we can have MP5K and MP5 togeter.

4 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

The G36 is only on vikendi also

Sanhok has the QBZ  and QBU

Its funny I don't really like any of the map specific weapons, I will take a G36 on vikendi because you are literally tripping over them on that map.  but I would swap for an M4, probably even without a tac stock.  Same for QBZ, and the QBU I would take an M16 over.  For me all the map specific weapons are poor counter parts to those they replaced

They are completely different weapons. Personally I prefer G36C over any AR. One of my squad mate perefers SCAR L over any AR, one of them loves QBZ because it kicks less horizontally and 4x spray is easier than others. One of them loving M416.That's why they shouldn't release them as regional weapon. I mean if you bring old UMP9 you can replace it with UMP45, not those weapons. 

its the short stumpy barrel that looks unfamiliar, its looks barely different to a scorpion, I never even knew it was an mp5 in the matrix in that scene.  fair enough I am not really a gun person so should probably stay out of things like this ;)

I know it from CS 1.6 mostly ;)