Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bauer86

Thanks for the wrong info Pubg

Here's a brilliant idea. NEXT time, make the seaseon and pass deal ALL-IN-ONE. Put actual dates of open close along with time zone. And make the counter actually work (unlike now).

7 hours ago, Takarii said:

The pass was always slated to end on the 2nd of April and the grace period to continue after that.

I can't believe I have to say this but this should probably be communicated to players IN THE GAME, not in the forums.  Typical PUBG communication  

So where's the compensation for all the missions I completed last night? Nowhere on the console does it actually say that the pass was "supposed" to end on April 2. There's simply a timer that until today was counting down another week.

People who scour these forums closely were aware of the discrepancy, but if you're just playing on your console, you'd have no idea you didn't have another week. Extending it two days is not enough to account for a timer telling everyone on console that they had another week. I guess that's a lesson learned: I won't give this company any more of my money.

31 minutes ago, Breadhack said:

I can't believe I have to say this but this should probably be communicated to players IN THE GAME, not in the forums.  Typical PUBG communication  

Hi Breadhack, there where only 10 weeks available to select during the whole duration of the Vikendi pass.  The in-game timer included the 1 week grace period.

10 minutes ago, Capt_Elite said:

So where's the compensation for all the missions I completed last night? Nowhere on the console does it actually say that the pass was "supposed" to end on April 2. There's simply a timer that until today was counting down another week.

People who scour these forums closely were aware of the discrepancy, but if you're just playing on your console, you'd have no idea you didn't have another week. Extending it two days is not enough to account for a timer telling everyone on console that they had another week. I guess that's a lesson learned: I won't give this company any more of my money.

Hi, the reason for the two-day extension is to make up for the error where these missions were not tracked correctly.

Unfortunately, we are not able to retrospectively complete missions from that time period. 

4 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hey, the Vikendi survivor pass preemptively ended earlier than it was previously announced.  We have extended the pass period by 2 days and the pass will now finish on April 3 5PM PDT / April 4 2AM CEST.  Apologies for the confusion caused by pass progress being halted temporarily earlier today.

Hi, I think you have mistaken the Survival title Season 1 for the Vikendi pass.  The Survival title season was planned to end in April but has been extended to May 7, 2019 PDT in order to give our players more time to hit milestones and receive season rewards.  You can find more details here .

@PUBG_Andymh5

I completed 2 8000 xp challenges during the Vikendi pass "down time" yesterday but didn't get credit for them.  They were both from week 8, get 5 kills with VSS (got the last two I needed) and destroy 10 helmets (got the last one I needed). 

Anyway I can get credit for these?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi Breadhack, there where only 10 weeks available to select during the whole duration of the Vikendi pass.  The in-game timer included the 1 week grace period.

Hi, the reason for the two-day extension is to make up for the error where these missions were not tracked correctly.

Unfortunately, we are not able to retrospectively complete missions from that time period. 

I understand that Andy but where in-game does it explain that there is a one week grace period where you can collect XP for missions you've already completed and rewards that you simply haven't claimed yet?  

7 minutes ago, Breadhack said:

I understand that Andy but where in-game does it explain that there is a one week grace period where you can collect XP for missions you've already completed and rewards that you simply haven't claimed yet?  

It doesn't state this in-game apart from the timer saying when the pass as a whole ends.  For future passes would you prefer a timer that only focuses on the event and doesn't include a grace period?

24 minutes ago, DRoc Poopsmith said:

@PUBG_Andymh5

I completed 2 8000 xp challenges during the Vikendi pass "down time" yesterday but didn't get credit for them.  They were both from week 8, get 5 kills with VSS (got the last two I needed) and destroy 10 helmets (got the last one I needed). 

Anyway I can get credit for these?

Thanks!

I mentioned above your post that unfortunately, we are not able to retrospectively complete missions from that time period. Sorry!

21 minutes ago, Breadhack said:

There shouldn’t be a timer for the grace period until the event is over. Then put up another timer if you want a grace period. Just piss poor communication again from these guys! Why would you say the event ends on a date when it technically ends a week before?

Come on @PUBG_Andymh5 you can see how It was confusing! Yea next time tell them to put the actual end date of the event instead of us guessing if there is going to be a grace period or not. 

I completed mine but I can see why people are mad. I’m not sure how or why blue hole expects people to know there will be a weeks grace period at the end. We are not mind readers. The event should of ended on the date in game simple as that. 

I know it's probably my fault but I was going off the timer too. Really pissed off I cant even buy a few levels to finish.......wtf ...the timer says survivor pass endinding in 8 days.....bloody stupid! Feel really bloody let down by this! 

11 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

It doesn't state this in-game apart from the timer saying when the pass as a whole ends.  For future passes would you prefer a timer that only focuses on the event and doesn't include a grace period?

I mentioned above your post that unfortunately, we are not able to retrospectively complete missions from that time period. Sorry!

Thanks for replying Andy. 

9 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Yes Andy, that would be very helpful for players that aren't on the forums.  It seems that the company is assuming that everyone checks the forums to find out what the grace period is and what it means.  If a player didn't check out the forum then they would think that they still have another week to complete challenges as there is nothing to communicate that to them in-game.  Now you have to answer questions like this for the next week from people asking why they didn't get their XP for completing x mission.   

13 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Can you see why that is confusing? It doesn’t state anywhere on the console that the designated end time for completing missions was April 2. (Maybe it did when I bought the pass, but that was months ago and I can’t view that screen now to verify.) The timer even now shouldn’t say 8 days — it should say 1 if that’s all the time that’s left to complete missions.

17 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

With respect, I have been watching the days slowly dwindle down since BEFORE I paid money(since you guys would not allow the G points to be used to pay for it as was allowed last time and the ONLY reason I spent extra last time and saved my points so that I could pay for the next event with them) and now it is being cut while my level is still only 96.

Ending this event early is false advertisement plain and simple.  We should still have more than 8 days left which is just under 10% of the total pass duration.  IT'S LIKE BUYING A 12 MONTH GYM MEMBERSHIP, AND THEM "ENDING THE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM" AFTER 11 MONTHS.  

Whether the countdown timer was initially set incorrectly or not, the place you go to buy the pass shad no ending date, therefore the timer was the only means of determining the "subscription duration" if the product you were selling.  

Plain and simple.... ending the subscription prior to the 8 days from now would unquestionably be a poor business practice.

For future passes would you prefer a timer that only focuses on the event and doesn't include a grace period?

Andy, it's not about FUTURE passes.  

The Xbox said nothing about a "Grace period".

THIS pass needs to be fixed.  We paid to play the missions until the clock went out.  LET US PLAY UNTIL THE CLOCK GOES OUT.  Then, yes, make the next pass straight forward and not misleading at the POINT OF PURCHASE.  You can not expect everyone to go to some random web forum on their phone to find out the details behind your product that they are purchasing elsewhere, and if you do expect this... Post in the item details "please go to xxxxx.com/pass details for relevant information on this product PRIOR TO PURCHASE" at least then, we won't be able to go to Microsoft for a refund, as we will be able to if you end this early.

I JUST CALLED THEM AND ASKED THEM FEEL FREE TO DO THE SAME!

As I said in the previous post, ending this subscription early is false advertisement.  The end date NEEDS to be made evident at the time/place of subscription purchase.

Should we not be able to compete missions for the next 8 days and 48 minutes, I will be getting a refund, and urge everyone else to do the same.  Maybe it will prompt transparency for the next go-round.

This is ridiculous. I dont know how pubg thinks it's ok to completely mislabel a date in game that challenges can be completed by, and then not honor those dates. You guys realize that 99% of players dont read these forums right? The difference between how pubg treats the PC community and the console community is extreme. Why are we not given the same type of communication and support that PC players are given? Dont console players pay you guys the same price for the game that PC players did? Somehow I think this wouldve been handled differently if the same mistake had been made on PC. Part of the issue is that console players are less heard from than PC players because they are less tech savvy and dont participate in forums. Quit taking our money and then not giving us the same support as you give PC please. 3 other battle royale games that started development AFTER your game was released on xbox have come out and they have 90% less issues than pubg does. Starting to feel like a they took the money and ran, type of situation.

2 hours ago, American Bully said:

THIS pass needs to be fixed.  We paid to play the missions until the clock went out.  LET US PLAY UNTIL THE CLOCK GOES OUT.  Then, yes, make the next pass straight forward and not misleading at the POINT OF PURCHASE.  You can not expect everyone to go to some random web forum on their phone to find out the details behind your product that they are purchasing elsewhere, and if you do expect this... Post in the item details "please go to xxxxx.com/pass details for relevant information on this product PRIOR TO PURCHASE" at least then, we won't be able to go to Microsoft for a refund, as we will be able to if you end this early.

I JUST CALLED THEM AND ASKED THEM FEEL FREE TO DO THE SAME!

As I said in the previous post, ending this subscription early is false advertisement.  The end date NEEDS to be made evident at the time/place of subscription purchase.

Should we not be able to compete missions for the next 8 days and 48 minutes, I will be getting a refund, and urge everyone else to do the same.  Maybe it will prompt transparency for the next go-round.

Will they actually give a refund? I'll be doing the same if this isn't fixed.

9 hours ago, ST6 Rawker said:

Got my ump skin thanks for the extension.

Nice....I was gonna pay to get it....(been busy the last couple of weeks with work and family!!)....on level 80.....never going to get the beard either!!😐

11 hours ago, Capt_Elite said:

Will they actually give a refund? I'll be doing the same if this isn't fixed.

Yup.  If they cut it short they will.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:39 PM, mamulator said:

This is ridiculous. I dont know how pubg thinks it's ok to completely mislabel a date in game that challenges can be completed by, and then not honor those dates. You guys realize that 99% of players dont read these forums right?

^ This so much.

Still waiting for an adequate response from the community leads in response to the inaccurate countdown. Is the response "too damn bad," because if it is, at least say so.

8 hours ago, Capt_Elite said:

^ This so much.

Still waiting for an adequate response from the community leads in response to the inaccurate countdown. Is the response "too damn bad," because if it is, at least say so.

I made an entire thread  n here about how I got my refund from Microsoft and Bluehole deleted it.  I'll make another, and if they delete it again, I'll just post in Redit, which will obviously get MUCH MORE attention.  

But yes, VIKENDI Pass is refundable through Microsoft and I already got mine! I

10 minutes ago, American Bully said:

Ok....

I reposted on here as I said I would, but "They" deleted it immediately!  I guess they would rather have 10s of millions see it on Redit than a couple hundred see it on here.  

So it is written and so shall it be....

I GOT MY REFUND!

What valid reason did they give for deleting? Because if they didnt have any that pretty disgusting from them.

This whole thing has been a shit show from pubg. We deserve better communication at very least! 

@PUBG_RoboDanjal I think console community should have the pass extended and going forward be treated with a little decency. We feel let down by pubg.  

56 minutes ago, Stealthymyths said:

What valid reason did they give for deleting? Because if they didnt have any that pretty disgusting from them.

This whole thing has been a shit show from pubg. We deserve better communication at very least! 

@PUBG_RoboDanjal I think console community should have the pass extended and going forward be treated with a little decency. We feel let down by pubg.  

We are working on a resolution to this and will be sharing some news about this soon.

1 hour ago, American Bully said:

I made an entire thread  n here about how I got my refund from Microsoft and Bluehole deleted it.  I'll make another, and if they delete it again, I'll just post in Redit, which will obviously get MUCH MORE attention.  

But yes, VIKENDI Pass is refundable through Microsoft and I already got mine! I

We welcome players who give constructive criticism but we do not reply to or allow posts which threaten legal action, as yours did.

5 minutes ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We are working on a resolution to this and will be sharing some news about this soon.

We welcome players who give constructive criticism but we do not reply to or allow posts which threaten legal action, as yours did.

Thank you

17 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi, here is the latest news on the Vikendi Survivor pass.

Andy, can you try and get some information regarding what the dev team are working on at the moment? I think it would please a lot of forum members to be kept in the loop about the direction of the game at the moment.

An extension of the pass is all well a good but I don't really care. What I do care about is the current working of the game, its horrendous for my non SSD squaddies at the moment (the improvement I saw after getting an SSD seems to have lessened recently too. I shouldn't even really need to buy one but whats next if that stops making the game run 'okay').

We know that the dev team are working hard on priority issues etc etc. It's understandable that firm dates can't be given for updates but what about confirmation of the things they are trying to fix, how they are going about etc. Similar to dev letters but about actual things they are working on.

Without this my imagined ideal of the dev team is them sitting in a sauna sipping a margarita chuckling to themselves about micro-transaction schemes.