Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZaheerGames

Terrible Erangle Loot

I have not seen much improvement to the loot after patch 27. 4 "high tier" buildings and a single uzi. This is so bad.

I agree with you.

I don't even see a difference in the loot. Just as bad as it used top be.

But what do you base it on? How many games? The loot was buffed by 41% ish right?

You can still go into a house and find nothing good. The buff doesn't mean that you will now always find good stuff.

I have played many games and I notice a difference.

Last night in one non ‘high tier’ compound I found an 8x, 4x, M16, Beryl and three DP-28’s.

You can see the loot buff, it’s still RNG though and thankfully not a huge impact to gameplay.

looking at the vid on my phone so can’t read the map. Looks like Yasni? Not every building there should be considered high tier. Often go through there and find it a bit sparse (prior to the patch).

will drop there when I get online later and check it out. 

You can still go into a house and find nothing good.

That's bad and even worse if it's 4 houses and you get nothing good. I played 15 hours this weekend and that's my opinion of the game so far!

There is a slight improvement, but too much RNG... 20 houses you can get 1 AR and 1SMg or one house gives u a DMR and an AR...

I agree.  Sometimes a house has 4 ARs, sometimes a compound of 6 houses has only pistols and shotguns.

Devs:  While the total amount of loot may be close, the distribution is way, way off.  I know that's not what you want to hear because it means you'll have to break into the code to fix it (not just change the loot tables).

Each compound should have it's own mini-loot table, where there is at least a minimum amount to fight with.  Yes, this requires work on your part, but now is the time since you updating Erangel anyway.  

thank you.

12 minutes ago, Pubgfullofhacks said:

"will drop there when I get online later and check it out"

Are u a Dev or something? Strange thing to say if u can't have any impact on it 

No, I'm not a Dev. 

Also, not been to the place highlighted in the video since the patch dropped. I also said that often when I've been there in the past it hasn't been overflowing with good loot so when I get the chance I would have a look and see if I had a similar experience to the OP. Not a strange thin to say in my book :)

When i read the patch notes and it says 41% loot increase, i was not expecting just a 'slight' improvement but a decent one. Kind of disappointed although i agree from time to time you can get super lucky and get looted fast but that's what needed to change since long time.

Do you expect full gear up in a compound? If yes, then you are playing the wrong game. The loot is rng and in my opinion is plenty now. You cannot expect to be fully equipped everygame just by looting compound and a few houses. Beside the loot increases you got some items merged wich means that you get more other items. It will ruin the game with more loot.

Yeah a bit disappointed to be honest. Was hoping for a noticable change and just haven't seen one. 

5 minutes ago, ZaheerGames said:

@levisW More loot ruin the game? Tell that to pubg eSport and faceit..They are ruining the game with their additional loot.

Can't comment on the faceit setup but the esports variant is just that, a variant of the core game. Esports is geared to make it interesting to watch so the game is tweaked to increase the loot. 

While I can enjoy the tension in game when I loot a bag of crap and still manage a couple of kills it would likely make for a boring spectacle :)

Just had a run through Yasni, to comment again on your initial post. Landed at the building next to the café/restaurant. Lvl 3 vest, M16 and 3x scope. Restaurant netted me more ammo and 2 of each boost (not the syringe). Head across the road to the church and get a Scar, extended mag and level 2 helmet.

Loot seems fine to me. 

Next game I'll likely get nothing but then that's the RNG for you.

i noticed an improvement and believe they are getting somewhere with the change.

I haven't had an issue. It's almost back up to where it was in beta before the loot nerf.

The reason I do not play Sanhok is that there is TOO MUCH loot. What drew me to PUBG was the entire premise of it:

Challenge 1: Find gear

Challenge 2: Survive while finding said gear

Challenge 3: Find better gear

Challenge 4: Kill other players and take whatever they have that's better  than what you've got

Challenge 5: Survive in an environment where other players have gotten better gear than you which gives them the chance to kill you at range

Sanhok, where there's is an AR, DMR, or SR in every other building, nullifies the first three.

Seems like everyone wants a sniper rifle with a suppressor and an 8X. There are sniper-only games out there. Go play those. If you don't get s a sniper rifle, then deal with it. Find a way to make your load out work.

I went to four different complexes the last night with only a shotgun and a pistol before I found an AR. Never did find a scope. I didn't win the round, but still finished in the top 12 with a couple of kills. Didn't get taken out by a sniper rifle either. Got taken out by an extremely well placed grenade. 

If I do not have a long  range loadout, then I go into stealth mode in the mid game and try to survive until the zone reduces in size enough to where the range weapons of the other players are no longer useful.

Massive misconception/comprehension between "Increased Spawn rate" and "Increased Loot Count".

Think of the Loot Table as an inventory list for the server (store). Each time one of these items are spawned in the world it's deducted from the Loot Table's inventory (sold).

The overall Loot count has not increased. It's still capped at just over 25,000 total items spawnable in the game world. They can't increase this number without increasing server resources.

"Increased Spawn Rate" means they increased the loot tables "Max spawnable" for a set item.

E.g.

Old Max spawn rate for AR's 4%

New Max spawn rate for AR's 12%

The whole point of removing pistol attachments and making smg attachments usable on pistols was to eliminate those items from the loot table which gives them room to add to ARS/DMR's/SMG's.

The % that was set for pistol gear is now dispersed over the higher tier weapons.

• Increased the spawn rate of ARs (12%), DMRs (16%) and SMGs (14%)
  • SRs and Handguns received a slight spawn rate increase

What can spawn at a given loot point is determined by the loot point itself. The devs have direct control over each point. They manually set a list of items that can spawn at said point.

Loot Point 1,587 [Can Spawn]: M416, AKM, Mini14, Kar98, UMP45, First Aid Kit, Bandages, AR Compensator, Half Grip, SMG Silencer, Boost Pills, Uzi Stock, Lvl1 BackPack, Lvl2 Vest

Loot Point 1,588 [Can Spawn]: AKM, Mini14, M16A4, 1911 Pistol, First Aid Kit, Bandages, Thumb Grip, Half Grip, Canted sight, Boost Pills, 2x scope, Lvl2 BackPack, Lvl1 Vest

etc.. etc.. etc..

What does spawn at each point is randomly chosen from the Loot points list, then checked against the Loot tables inventory.

If a M416 is chosen, but the loot table doesn't have inventory then the m416 isn't spawned. Something else is randomly picked from the list and then checked against table inventory. Rinse repeat.

The devs have tweaked loot point lists to increase the potential of higher tier loot at some points. Yet it's still RANDOM as to what you'll get.

When you drop will also have an effect on what you can get. The sooner you deploy and get to ground the great the chance of getting higher tier. Late drops have a greater chance of running into depleted table stock. Yet it's still all Random.

Why can't they have multiple tables, and each loot location have a pointer to a specific table?  That way they can make loot zones which could be customized, etc.

They used to do this...the hospital used to have more meds, for instance.

I've noticed a slight increase. I don't really have too much trouble finding gear. As usual I can just kill a guy and take his stuff too :D my favorite way to loot.

It was only a modest improvement but like others have said it's still RNG. I'm pretty happy with the changes as they are but if they slightly improved it a bit more I wouldn't mind that, either. The people who were worried this change would make the map play like Sahnok can feel good about the changes because it's still nothing like Sahnok loot.

1 hour ago, jonboiwaltune said:

Why can't they have multiple tables, and each loot location have a pointer to a specific table?  That way they can make loot zones which could be customized, etc.

They used to do this...the hospital used to have more meds, for instance.

That's the point of the loot spawn points list. Each spawn point is individually customizable as to "what can" spawn at that specific point. That's how you control it.

Example...

Say I add a new loot spawn point to the map. I open its options and only put an M416. Now when we play the map the only thing ever possible to spawn there is the M416. But only if the Maps Loot table has one available in inventory to be spawned.

Loot Tables are simply a inventory list of what's available to spawn on the map and its item count. Just imagine that every map has a store with a warehouse. The loot table is everything that's in the warehouse. Whenever an item is spawned it's removed from the warehouses inventory. Each maps warehouse can only hold a maximum of 25,000 items. What those items are and their individual stock counts varies map to map.

Hope this helps explain it. If you need an in engine video let me know.

13 minutes ago, jonboiwaltune said:

Why can't there be multiple warehouses?

because the game cannot support more than 25,000 items being spawned into the game world. If you want more than 25,000 items then you need to increase the servers resource. Mainly CPU, then Ram. This equates to higher server costs.

Besides what's another warehouse/loot table going to do? It's the same shit with the same per item limits.

Each "warehouse" would have less items...no increase in total.

If a compound of houses were the only ones to use that loot table, then (I presume) that compound would have a minimum (and maximum) amount of high-value goods.  There wouldn't be the case where an entire compound has just a couple of pistols.