DB0VIN

“Desync doesn’t exis......”

40 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

That's beautiful, right in the eye. Not sure how that's not a kill.

I dunno either, if a grenade can kill you after someone dies then I’m not sure why this wasn’t a double KO, my crossbow was shot before his 7.92

That’s actually not desnyc in this case. If two people shoot each other in the head at the same time in this game, it’s whoevers shot connects first. Since the crossbow has such slow velocity, you may have shot first but the arrow didn’t hit him until after after his bullet hit you. And it’s not possible to trade kills in this game with guns like in halo or gears.

• Thanks 1

I've always had an issue with the phantom bullet setting also. Apparently if you die first, you're bullets disappear. Someone said once it was to eliminate the chance of a tie. To me that's a weak excuse to rob people of kills. In the very unlikely chance the last 2 shoot each other at the same time theres plenty of ways to figure it out.

• Like 1

I think this should be the only time you can kill each other; imo.  Since it's physically possible and all..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, borma228 said:

I've always had an issue with the phantom bullet setting also. Apparently if you die first, you're bullets disappear. Someone said once it was to eliminate the chance of a tie. To me that's a weak excuse to rob people of kills. In the very unlikely chance the last 2 shoot each other at the same time theres plenty of ways to figure it out.

Yup, when it comes to the last two (or so) people, once a match is finished any projectiles still flying could be negated. Up until then I don't see much reason not to trade kills. I suppose its to reward the one who get his shot off faster.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pajama dad said:

Yup, when it comes to the last two (or so) people, once a match is finished any projectiles still flying could be negated. Up until then I don't see much reason not to trade kills. I suppose its to reward the one who get his shot off faster.

Understand that but why trade kills on nades? And how can a double KO punch happen? 

Want to do an experiment and have the final 2 in a party and cook nades simultaneously next to each other and see what happens

13 hours ago, XxESCxXLUKE1333 said:

why is there no kill trading in pub??

Dunno, but I like it like that. Have had a handful of draws on blackout, and it six.

6 hours ago, DB0VIN said:

Understand that but why trade kills on nades? And how can a double KO punch happen? 

probably the same type of thinking.

Why does a nade kill you? Positioning. It might be to reward good positioning and tactics. Dont rush to loot, the guy might have dropped a nade... ? 

its silly. Trades should probably just be possible.

I suppose it might have something to do with how hit detection is client side. It might not be intentional design, but an unintended consequence of how the client and server work together to determine hits. Grenades might be objects independent of the shooter, despite being thrown by the shooter.

I have no idea why trading with melee works. That whole system feels undercooked.

• Like 1