Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Syferr

Character has a cat bell

Recommended Posts

Why do i now have a bell on me ? Most annoying sound ever whenever you move !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you quieter when you drop your backpack ?

 

maybe its a way to encourage sneak tactics with a risk reward system built in ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They cant encourage sneak tactics when you can still hear slow walking from miles away. Just a pointless extra noise that's does absolutely nothing but annoy people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here i am trying to concentrate and my toon now sounds like a clydesdale horse wandering around. 

 

Why add someting like that ? I know if i was in a 1vs 100 death match i wouldnt be banging pots and pans around all day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Syferr said:

Here i am trying to concentrate and my toon now sounds like a clydesdale horse wandering around. 

 

Why add someting like that ? I know if i was in a 1vs 100 death match i wouldnt be banging pots and pans around all day. 

Well the hack-a-thon and ever clunkier physics, missing bullets and overall mess isn't scaring people away fast enough for Mr Greene to retire of his cashcow so we might just wanna help them along right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

about moving silently : if I fast tap I move without sound - at least on my side .. wonder if its really silent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At work so can't check this out. But from what you are all saying about it.. it kinda makes me think of what there done to reduce campers.

 

Simply crouching in a building previously one could be near dead silent. With the rustling it can help alert someone that another player is camping nearby. If that's the case it won't help in tpp unless it makes sound when turning the camera. For fpp though the benefits of that info would help find campers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HazZarD said:

Well the hack-a-thon and ever clunkier physics, missing bullets and overall mess isn't scaring people away fast enough for Mr Greene to retire of his cashcow so we might just wanna help them along right?

 

what are you even saying ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fedupz said:

about moving silently : if I fast tap I move without sound - at least on my side .. wonder if its really silent?

Yeah this really does work. If im in a house and I hear running within 25m I tap the movements keys to go one step per tap. I noticed when you first start moving your character one footstep out of two complete steps does not create noise. If you take 2 consecutive steps it creates the typical movement sound momentarily which any skilled/experienced OG player can pickup as a threat nearby. This works when a few feet from a window, door and you need to move a few feet without making a single sound, it really works, especially when about to lean out said window/door to shoot. Without making any audible noise I can move 3-5 feet within a few seconds, peek and fire. On their deathcam NO sound is detected. I've taken some by complete surprise. In order to do it effectively you need to be in the right place at the right time however. Tap walking across an entire typical sized room will take too long, or you'll overexpose yourself to gunfire from other positions looking into said house, if not careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, the rustle noise is quieter than footstep sounds anyway, so it's not going to be the thing that alerts enemies that you're near/you that enemies are near. So essentially it's an aesthetic thing for the players benefit, and I'm not sure it's the kind of noise players want jangling away constantly.

I did zone it out a bit in the previous games but if it holds no purpose other than making the character sound jangly, do people want that even if it is more realistic?

I haven't seen anyone say, "gosh, i'm glad I sound like a travelling kitchenware salesman" yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jamesalex92 said:

 

On their deathcam NO sound is detected.

 

The next Bug.... Delete this sound... :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jamesalex92 said:

Yeah this really does work. If im in a house and I hear running within 25m I tap the movements keys to go one step per tap. I noticed when you first start moving your character one footstep out of two complete steps does not create noise. If you take 2 consecutive steps it creates the typical movement sound momentarily which any skilled/experienced OG player can pickup as a threat nearby. This works when a few feet from a window, door and you need to move a few feet without making a single sound, it really works, especially when about to lean out said window/door to shoot. Without making any audible noise I can move 3-5 feet within a few seconds, peek and fire. On their deathcam NO sound is detected. I've taken some by complete surprise. In order to do it effectively you need to be in the right place at the right time however. Tap walking across an entire typical sized room will take too long, or you'll overexpose yourself to gunfire from other positions looking into said house, if not careful.

Thanks! I am doing it but uptil now always felt a little retarded doing it cause .. what if its only on my side... But GREAT! .. will be using that some more :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devs these days.  Real ace professionals.  I am sadly never actually impressed by anything really.  Vaguely reminds me of myself the first time I mowed a lawn.  I thought I did a good job, but my dad, who knew what he was talking about, said it looked terrible and crooked.  I was 13.  Devs remind me of when I was 13.  Kudos to pro audio guy to include high pitch clacking sound.  Thats all I hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 5:29 AM, DeadlyEggXoP said:

are you quieter when you drop your backpack ?

 

maybe its a way to encourage sneak tactics with a risk reward system built in ?

 

There are combinations. Backpack, Holstered, Equipped. Each emits it's won rustling noise.

 

Just a backpack, 1 sound cue

Backpack and 1 gun equipped or holstered 2 sound cues.

Backpack, holstered weapon (on back) and one equipped, then there are 3 sound cues being played.

 

Pistols and Melee do not emit rustling sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please remove bag sound or make it more silent or make it more realistic and not so annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, Flanked said:

They cant encourage sneak tactics when you can still hear slow walking from miles away. Just a pointless extra noise that's does absolutely nothing but annoy people.

 

Yes :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...