Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mibalzrbig

lean out windows/shoot over railings

You should allow leaning out windows and shooting over railings.  That's realistic.  Even all a little bit.  Why is it that almost all railings are just high enough that you can't shoot over them (but they can shoot you)?  How many railings are as high as your shoulders in real life?  None, except maybe at a little kiddy fair so kids don't fall over.  It's ridiculous.  You should be able to lean out windows as well, rather than be shooting at someone and then you just start shooting into the window.  Realism.

Hi there,

I feel you, it can be frustrating having your gun move up and down when you're too close to a window. Having a vault-like mechanic to lean out the window is an interesting idea.

There is actually a current way that you can peek windows that I use frequently and can be extremely useful in a lot of situations - try practicing and getting this mechanic down in the meantime. 

19 hours ago, Mibalzrbig said:

You should allow leaning out windows and shooting over railings.  That's realistic.  Even all a little bit.  Why is it that almost all railings are just high enough that you can't shoot over them (but they can shoot you)?  How many railings are as high as your shoulders in real life?  None, except maybe at a little kiddy fair so kids don't fall over.  It's ridiculous.  You should be able to lean out windows as well, rather than be shooting at someone and then you just start shooting into the window.  Realism.

You must play FPP. Literally the only reason I can;t play PUBG FPP is that they ratio of height to everything in game is so out of whack. Such a poorly designed FPP experience.

Most windows you jump out of just send you to the ground but there are a few here and there that have a shed or a roof underneath.

Last night I guy clipped me and I raced upstairs. I could hear him on the floorboards below so jumped out the window (breaking the glass) thinking he might double back to catch me outside. I was then aiming to quickly jump back in from the shed roof and use the height advantage...

What actually happened is he came up the stairs anyway and as he peeked out the window I head shot him easily - he couldn't shoot me at all from his angle but I just had to take a step back. Totally unfair of me and pretty much an exploit of this issue.

13 hours ago, MDK2000 said:

You must play FPP. Literally the only reason I can;t play PUBG FPP is that they ratio of height to everything in game is so out of whack. Such a poorly designed FPP experience.

You mean you don't like feeling 3ft tall?? ;) 

13 hours ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Hi there,

I feel you, it can be frustrating having your gun move up and down when you're too close to a window. Having a vault-like mechanic to lean out the window is an interesting idea.

There is actually a current way that you can peek windows that I use frequently and can be extremely useful in a lot of situations - try practicing and getting this mechanic down in the meantime. 

For the Devs, if they look at another game I have played recently, Division 2..they have a great animation for shooting over balconies or out of windows. 

You can lean right out of the window or over the balcony, the trade off is your aim is off and shots are more affected by recoil, also you expose more of your body to shots. great idea if it can be implemented but will change playstyles quite drastically. Especially when trying to get in buildings and you are tucked against the wall safely knowing they cannot get a shot on you...

3 hours ago, quango2k said:

You mean you don't like feeling 3ft tall?? ;) 

It's like the game was designed by a bunch of 4 foot tall Koreans or something.....

3 hours ago, quango2k said:

For the Devs, if they look at another game I have played recently, Division 2..they have a great animation for shooting over balconies or out of windows. 

You can lean right out of the window or over the balcony, the trade off is your aim is off and shots are more affected by recoil, also you expose more of your body to shots. great idea if it can be implemented but ange playstyles quite drastically. Especially when trying to get in buildings and you are tucked against the wall safely knowing they cannot get a shot on you...

Exactly!  That's how I think it should be.  There has to be a better/more realistic way to do things.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:10 PM, Mibalzrbig said:

Yep. I remember I made a thread on this a year ago. Same with window sills.