Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aguy9916

Combat tips for beginners please guys??

Hi it's me again! Captain mcnoob 😂😂... 

I'm pleased to report I'm getting better and really enjoying the game, I feel I'm comfortable enough with everything to start to try to polish up on the skills. I've made a few kills in my last few games and feel my aim is getting a lot better and have learned the basics on looting and weapon choices.

I've scoured you tube for plenty of combat tips but o just wanted to get some from you lot if possible? 

I find when I die it's usually due to my target jumping and moving around side to side? Even though I'm the agressor and fire the first shots my opponent starts to move in ways my aim can't cope with, and somehow at the same time as doing these movements they manage to shoot me? 

Should I be making myself more mobile too? I'm crouching and have sped up my sensitivity on aiming to try to track

My target better. 

Any other basic combat advice welcome! 

I'm also having to avoid hot drops still as my building rendering must be record breaking slow... I feel like sometimes I'm having to wait almost a full 60 seconds for buildings to be ready to enter... I daren't enter them anymore until they are ready as I got stuck in the floor in one last time and had to quit the game 🙈... I need to get the ssd asap. 

Thanks for any help. 

If an enemy is behind cover in a building and if your close enough to them, shoot early so if they peek, you get the advantage. Same for a rock, but do so if theres cover for you so you can rush them.

Put in at least two hours a day for weeks on end. Never miss more than two days.

Then, maybe...you’ll learn ways. 

1 hour ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

Put in at least two hours a day for weeks on end. Never miss more than two days.

Cheers guys... I'm on it! Definitely feeling the drive to play it now I'm able to do a little better 😄😄

6 hours ago, Aguy9916 said:

I'm pleased to report I'm getting better and really enjoying the game, I feel I'm comfortable enough with everything to start to try to polish up on the skills. I've made a few kills in my last few games and feel my aim is getting a lot better and have learned the basics on looting and weapon choices.

I've scoured you tube for plenty of combat tips but o just wanted to get some from you lot if possible? 

I find when I die it's usually due to my target jumping and moving around side to side? Even though I'm the agressor and fire the first shots my opponent starts to move in ways my aim can't cope with, and somehow at the same time as doing these movements they manage to shoot me? 

Should I be making myself more mobile too? I'm crouching and have sped up my sensitivity on aiming to try to track

My target better. 

I'm also having to avoid hot drops still as my building rendering must be record breaking slow... I feel like sometimes I'm having to wait almost a full 60 seconds for buildings to be ready to enter... I daren't enter them anymore until they are ready as I got stuck in the floor in one last time and had to quit the game 🙈... I need to get the ssd asap. 

Thanks for any help. 

My best advice would be to learn exactly where your center of your screen is and get the enemy close to that before you ADS. 

Always try and have the center of the screen aiming at a area that a enemy could pop out from for instance as your moving around. 

My other advice would be to get into as many gunfights as possible. I did that by playing sanhok and only hot dropping for months lol. But you can’t do that now so if you hear a gunfight just go towards it and see what’s up. 

I’d also suggest to have your general sensitivity up high but your ADS lower. I think people make the mistake of having their ADS sensitivity up too high. But that’s personal preference. 

As for the enemy going side to side you just have to adjust for their movements. Once you get used to spraying targets the close ones don’t move around much haha. 

9 hours ago, Aguy9916 said:

My target better. 

Thanks for any help. 

3 best tips I got, first and foremost, work those sensitivities around till your comfy with them, then do not touch them for 100 games.

Unless your absolutely positive that something is way off, you need to not only get them into the best placement your comfortable with and then try to train your muscle memory into becoming accustom to them! Also the number one setting you need to nail down, is the vertical sensitivity....if you can work it into a "sweet spot" your ability to control recoil will be spot on from now on. Then you will be able to control all the weapons, even at distance. Currently Im more than capable of handling a beryl with a 2x and a target at 75m, or an M4 with a 4x on it and a target at 125m. With practice, Im sure you can do just as well, if not better.

Next, practice practice practice! Each and every weapon has its own perks and quirks. AKM is slow and bouncy, but powerful. SKS has a lot of bullet drop at distance, but can hold a bunch of attachments and an 8x scope. Crossbow headshots everything and is absolutely quiet, but has the worst bullet drop in the game......In the end, you gotta know your guns and know how to wield them.....Hell I got a two kill streak with a 1911 that they both looked at and ignored after hot dropping....had to run away for my life afterwards, but just cause I knew the 1911 and was willing to use it, gave me an edge over those who just didn't want to deal with a pistol.

Last but not least, believe in that no aim spray n pray.....You will not believe how accurate your gun is even without aiming. Not only does this make you more maneuverable, but it can also get those first shots in motion. Keep in mind, the best no aim kills will be within 20m, anything after that and you might want to use "targeting" zoom whenever your target is a touch past 10m just to get some more ammo on target, but yeah. Iv gotten kills on a quickly moving target at 30m just by spraying at em.

In the end however, my best advice, try working outside your comfort zone.....at least after you get an SSD. ;) 

Use the training ground.

Practise controlling recoil without a grip or compensator.

Practise with guns you don't like.

Practise following moving targets.

Practise snap aiming on moving targets.

Learn the optimum distances for ADS, OTS, Hipfire. Learn them, then really learn them, then learn them some more.

In game...

Don't fire until you're actually on target, don't full auto unless you can control it. Loads of people fire when they're nearly-on-target, thinking they can make the small adjustment while they're full-auto - they can't and then they're dead.

Say 'NO' to prone (nearly always).

Get comfortable with 'lower value' weapons that are common at any drop site. The Uzi is a great example.

If you don't know how to use it effectively, you'll hesitate to use it and you'll die. But when you do know how to use it effectively, you won't panic and you'll probably be the one leaving with the loot - used properly, it's devastating and often overlooked.

Get into plenty of gunfights.

Kills = Confidence

Confidence = Kills.

If you want to do hot drops for practicing your gunfighting, try maps other than Vikendi, the snow map. I have trouble rendering that map, but the others aren't anywhere near as bad.

Regarding your enemies moving when you are trying to shoot them - in medium to long engagements, it is my personal opinion that you should likely be moving as soon as they realize where you are, UNLESS you have good cover. I find that good cover trumps the movement, and allows me to anticipate and aim better. But be careful if you see them lugging a sniper rifle - it might be better to keep moving in that situation.

If you still just want practice, you might as well fight every person you come across. But once you feel you are ready to try to win, you have to weigh when you should fight and when to just be patient. In such situations, you want to "shoot someone" not "shoot at someone."  In other words, don't waste bullets, give away your position, and barely hurt someone if at all - sometimes it is better to wait until they hold still, or get a bit closer so you get a solid hit on them.

I'll try to give some basics I try to use. Make sure you have some type of cover as often as possible. Rocks, trees, buildings, or a ridge you can hide behind.

If the person is at a distance where you decide to ADS, it's best to crouch because this will reduce recoil and make yourself a smaller target. Make sure you peek from cover if you have it. Once you become better at this, you can peek in and out of your cover from the different sides of your cover quickly. So I'll fire off 6-10 rounds from one side of a tree and then switch the other side immediately and continue firing. This works best when your opponent has no cover.

Continue working in game or in Training Mode to determine when to ADS. This distance was difficult for me to finally understand. I used to almost always ADS because it takes the bloom out of the shooting and I've always been pretty decent at shooting games. But it is way too difficult to hit a moving target that is close while in ADS.

If you and another opponent are in the same building or at the same rock/tree, it will probably suit you best to not even aim over the shoulder. Quicker movement will help you more than better accuracy from standing still or crouching. Some times you can even move so quickly that you end up behind your opponent shooting them in the back.

As for using ADS with no cover, I do find myself strafing from time to time rather than crouching which probably isn't the best option. Never jump around unless you don't have cover and have to reload your gun.

While shooting at others in training mode does help, I like to do two things when testing out weapons and attachments. Shoot at a wall that will show bullet holes and try to hit the same spot. Put a whole clip into the wall. Try with and without different attachments and you can even mix in crouching vs standing vs strafing. You can do this at different distances to figure out when you should be firing in full auto or single shot. The other thing I will do is similar but instead of shooting at one spot, I try to shoot a perfect horizontal line which would be similar to an opponent moving in front of me from side to side.

I'd echo what BuckStar said about sensitivities. Higher general and Over The Shoulder sensitivities but lower on ADS sensitivities but honestly you just need to find what works for you.

I'd always recommend using the vertical grip as I'm able to laser people at a decent distance with 5.56 weapons with the vertical grip.

You can always watch some Mixer streamers as well to try to pick up some tips. Some popular streamers are the Thumbless squad (Cudi, Gaga, Stick, and Aimbot) and Feyd. There are plenty of other streamers that are good too.

This is all awesome stuff, thanks! im making a priority training list from all.tgis to give me my things to work on for the next month or so 👍👍...  I wish I'd gotten into this game much earlier now so I wasn't left with the struggle to catch up to all the experienced guys 😂

I'm infinitely better already I'm making top 10 every game virtually and getting 2 or 3 kills along the way in most matches... some of the guys at the end just seem very good at it! 

Top of the list is learning the weapons I think that will help me a lot right now to have basic understanding of each weapon and having tested them in training. 

31 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Get an XIM and improve your AIM 

Sorry, showing my noob here 😂😂.... XIM?? 

39 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Get an XIM and improve your AIM 

So instead of giving the guy tips to get better, you give him tips on how to cheat. We can tell who is lazy here and doesn't want to learn how to actually get better lol

Ah right that doesn't sound like it's for me I've only ever been a console gamer so I'll.stick with the pad 👍

10 minutes ago, Aguy9916 said:

Ah right that doesn't sound like it's for me I've only ever been a console gamer so I'll.stick with the pad 👍

Good choice

I'll reiterate what's been said, just to give it more credibility- aim before aiming. Make sure your reticle is on target before you ADS. zCritic has a thread up with a great video showing this in action. As well, you should keep you reticle up and pointed towards where an enemy could be.

He's a clip of me NOT doing that. I have a tendency to drop my reticle as I move. Here I'm expecting the guy to be there, so I'm able to snap to him and then ADS: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/71831456

Here's a clip of me not aiming well. I should have lost to the second guy (and the third) because I didn't have my reticle up (I'm trying to see over the grass in my defense). The only reason I don't die is the circle is pushing them and they're frantic: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/71831603   Do you see how I have to make noticeable adjustments to my ADS aim on the second and third guy? that should have gotten me killed.

EDIT: A personal tip, I've used dry erase pens to lightly mark the center dot of my reticle. When I have that up I can run without dropping my reticle (again, my natural tendency).

3 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I'll reiterate what's been said, just to give it more credibility- aim before aiming.

My best games Im zoned in on the red dot on the center of my tv my worst games Im tunneled on the tip of my gun which isnt always the center of the tv.

Piece of tape and red marker on center of screen will help as well . 

23 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

I have found no matter how I try I get no better.

20 hours ago, BuckStar said:

My best advice would be to learn exactly where your center of your screen is and get the enemy close to that before you ADS. 

Always try and have the center of the screen aiming at a area that a enemy could pop out from for instance as your moving around.  

This is so important. I had the (bad) habit of having the view tilted towards the floor/ground - especially when looting. The extra time it took to aim whenever an enemy became visible probably got me killed a lot.

Learn to utilize your entire kit of throwables.  Carry each type & learn when to use them.  Grenades, similar to stuns & smokes and can be used to break sound so your opponent doesn't hear your footsteps when relocating.