my_cholula

PUBG has dropped 80,000 players since Vikendi

The population continues to fall, the entire bump from Vikendi release / Christmas has already left the game.

Untitled.jpg

90% of the people leaving are leaving because of rampant cheating. Why invest 30 mins into a match just to get killed at the end by some wallhack aimbot asian named cheater. 

• Like 5
  • RIP 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gladiatorslows said:

90% of the people leaving are leaving because of rampant cheating. Why invest 30 mins into a match just to get killed at the end by some wallhack aimbot asian named cheater. 

Cheating isn't rampant, it hasn't been rampant for ages. Even when it was rampant I only ever saw maybe 3 confirmed cheaters. Chill your beans and put the salt away.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3
  • RIP 1

1 minute ago, OldManBoom said:

Cheating isn't rampant, it hasn't been rampant for ages. Even when it was rampant I only ever saw maybe 3 confirmed cheaters. Chill your beans and put the salt away.

It absolutely is rampant... since they've implemented the feature that notifies you when action was taken on an account you reported I have personally seen 40+ accounts banned because of my reports and that's in the last like 2-3 months. That isn't even close to 100% of the blatant cheaters I've reported. 

If you don't see them it's not because they aren't there it's because you either die at the beginning of most games or you aren't paying attention. There are hundreds of thousands of accounts banned every month for cheating and each one of those cheaters has effected hundreds if not thousands of other players considering the player count for any given match. 

I'm not salty the objective reality of the situation is very clear... even if you're too ignorant to see it. Cheating is rampant in pubg.

• Like 2
  • RIP 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

FACT:

Online game = cheaters are gonna cheat

I'm old........... I'm 47. Been PC gaming online since the early 90's.

That being said, I witnessed the first aimbot for the Unreal engine in the first Unreal (NOT Unreal Tournament, the  one before it) that was released in 1998. It was a player by the name of Headhunter. My clan beta tested some early anticheat builds in our Unreal and TF servers. One of them would lay the groundwork for other anti-cheat programs in the early 2000's. Unfortunately, every time the current hack build would be made detectable and bannable, the authors would simply change the build. Anti-cheats are ALWAYS  a step behind.

Since then, EVERY game I have played has had aimbots, wall hacks, map hacks, fly hacks, etc:

Unreal Tournament - all versions

IL-2 Sturmovik

CS - all versions

Half Life  (it got REALLY bad)

Team  Fortress (pretty much anything on the Quake engine  had prolific hackers)

America's Army (Evil Hack back in v1.5 almost killed the game)

COD - all versions

Tribes - all versions

Battlefield - all versions

Insurgency - all versions

War Thunder

World Of Tanks

Eve Online

The list goes on and on. Apex Legends has custom build hacks that, like the ones in PUBG, are ahead of the  anti-cheat.

If you want to reduce the cheaters you encounter in PUBG, play FPP. The hacks in PUBG are more effective in TPP, so that's where most of them congregate.

Edited by Alalien
  • Like 2

The hacks aren't more effective in tpp lol... The reason there are more cheaters on tpp is because tpp is more popular in china than fpp is and 90%+ of cheaters in pubg are chinese. There is no difference in the information exchange between server and client on tpp or fpp. The only difference is in one your pov is locked and the other is not. 

All of those games do have cheaters but not to the extent pubg does and none of those games have matches with 100 people. Thus limiting the extent to which a cheater can ruin other peoples matches. 

So rather than creating a reactive anti cheat why not create a proactive anti cheat using encryption techniques to mask the information send from the server to the client that the client is not supposed to know. Like other players locations and other information that hackers use to create esp wall hacks. The goal should be prevent not react.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course it’s going to fall. It’s not uncommon for games to have decreased active players after some time. The problem is that PUBG has a very fragmented player base thanks to the different perspectives and modes split between different maps. Plus outside of China, this game isn’t very popular anymore. 

Cheaters are definitely super annoying, and even a single cheater can make you feel like you are wasting a lot of time, especially in more realistic and unforgiving game like PUBG.

Also there is Apex Legends. A lot of people who found PUBG to be too slow and hardcore just went to play Legends, where you can tank shots and then restore your health and shield in a single spot, and you can get revived. Is just so much more casual friendly (and it's new and free).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Vladplaya said:

where you can tank shots and then restore your health and shield in a single spot, and you can get revived. Is just so much more casual friendly (and it's new and free).

I don’t think you’ve played it if you think you can sit there and just restore health. Either that or you have played against terrible people. 

2 hours ago, OldManBoom said:

I play in Oceania and am from Australia, if I play 3 matches of solo in 1 day I'll get back 1 message of confirmed cheaters from whoever killed me. Fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alalien said:

FACT:

I witnessed the first aimbot for the Unreal engine 

Since then, EVERY game I have played has had aimbots, wall hacks, map hacks, fly hacks, etc:

:o so its YOUR fault :o

shame on you !

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OldManBoom said:

They are playing TPP and you are playing FPP I'm guessing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Freeze339 said:

They are playing TPP and you are playing FPP I'm guessing.

I'm playing TPP. There are no hordes of cheaters.

Honestly, even when everyone was going on about all the cheaters I rarely saw them.

The cheating thing is mostly overblown due to salt IMO.

Edited by OldManBoom

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

I'm playing TPP. There are no hordes of cheaters.

Honestly, even when everyone was going on about all the cheaters I rarely saw them.

The cheating thing is mostly overblown due to salt IMO.

I'm really wondering how they will react when a guy jumps on the plane, calling China numba one and kills 70 people in 1 min.

As a FPP player I rarely see cheaters.

PUBG is dying because it's getting boring.

Edited by Freeze339

19 minutes ago, Freeze339 said:

I'm really wondering how they will react when a guy jumps on the plane, calling China numba one and kills 70 people in 1 min.

And I've definitely never seen anything like this, haha.

12 hours ago, gladiatorslows said:

Cheating is rampant in EVERY ONLINE GAME

Fixed it for you

Lol, ppl leaving because there are so many new games released recently.

Shooter games: Anthem, the division 2.

Same genre: Apex legends, bf firestorm

Also, Sekiro another great game.

It is normal. Stop looking at the chart and just play til it's dead.

9 hours ago, Firzen339 said:

Amazing game with lack of management. No wonder they are suffering.

This. Horrible game management from day 1. 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:31 PM, DeadlyEggXoP said:

:o so its YOUR fault :o

shame on you !

Damn, I never made the correlation.

I shall give myself 50 lashes with wet spaghetti :D

• Like 1

the reason the game is loosing player imo is because a lot of the players just play either just tpp or fpp. and they play the same map and drop at the same location. they do this over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. shockingly enough they come here and complain about how boring the game is and then post about how they quit the game. if these people tried playing the other game types and tried dropping at different locations. the game would be more interesting for them. I highly doubt if these people ever bridge camped properly. the purpose of bridge camping is to stand in front of a car going at 100 mph directly at you and you snipe the driver out of the car. these people probably never been to the western islands of miramar. they probably never been to stalber on erengal. and they probably never tried going to the prison on miramar. there are so many different places to drop and each location have their own unique situation. but these stupid people always hotdrop at school or pochinki or bootcamp.

the other big reason is that there are a lot of trolls in random squads/duos. If people would stop trolling so much in these games, more people would stay.

but the biggest issue that kind of got resolved was that the matchmaking rewarded hotdropping and maps that took less time, aka infinite sanhok queue.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, gladiatorslows said:

The hacks aren't more effective in tpp lol... The reason there are more cheaters on tpp is because tpp is more popular in china than fpp is and 90%+ of cheaters in pubg are chinese. There is no difference in the information exchange between server and client on tpp or fpp. The only difference is in one your pov is locked and the other is not.

I bet more than 90% of the players are chinese. which means that yes, 90% of the cheaters should be chinese. and I am pretty sure at best at any given time more than half the players are chinese. all our games are backfilled with chinese players. NA playerbase is probably at most 50k now. you can't have instant queue times with 50k players.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:28 AM, Vladplaya said:

Cheaters are definitely super annoying, and even a single cheater can make you feel like you are wasting a lot of time, especially in more realistic and unforgiving game like PUBG.

Also there is Apex Legends. A lot of people who found PUBG to be too slow and hardcore just went to play Legends, where you can tank shots and then restore your health and shield in a single spot, and you can get revived. Is just so much more casual friendly (and it's new and free).

Exactly... PUBG is hardcore which is why we play it and why Apex is a waste of time for hardcore guys. And that is why PUBG will survive if the devs can keep it hardcore and not give into gimmicks like shields etc. Keep it real and keep improving and PUBG will be around forever.