Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

borma228

idea for being downed??

When downed being able to heal to prolong the bleed out time? I mean you are with it enough to crawl around, should be able to handle putting on bandages. Doesnt revive the person just ables them to live long enough to get recovered if the team is stuck in a fire fight. Dont really feel like it would add too much of an advantage. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Na I rather we eliminate downs and you die instantly. 

If we were going down that route, knocking a player should be based on the type of damage done. 

With Armor you are more likely to take less grievous damage and go down. Without armor bullets leave you beyond repair and you die. Maybe you can survive headshots of an AR if you have a lvl 2 helmet, but any DMR or Sniper kills you outright if the headshot would put you down.

Perhaps limb damage puts you down. Maybe fire damage puts you down so long as you weren't prone or hit by the molotov. Grenades might put you down if far enough away, but at close range you're dead.

I like the team work system that knocking players offers, but it would be neat to see something a little more hardcore or realistic feeling- sorta blend the two ideals.

Nah, I'd rather downs were weaker. Bleed out time I can deal with but one or two shots should finish a knocked player IMO 

I do like the limb shot get downed idea.

I shot guy in knee the other day and knock him and he fell and buckled on the knee I shot him on I didn't even know that was a thing and it was funny to see. 

Nah, knocked players are incredibly... sturdy as it is.

I don't have a problem with the system itself, but the fact that two Kar98 shots might not finish a downed player (if they are fired in quick succession) feels totally wrong.

38 minutes ago, fSucee said:

Nah, knocked players are incredibly... sturdy as it is.

I don't have a problem with the system itself, but the fact that two Kar98 shots might not finish a downed player (if they are fired in quick succession) feels totally wrong.

Specially when you downed him with one. 

I would like to remove the downed thing totally but wouldn't mind seeing second chance where we crawl around using our pee shooters but if you shoot you bleed out faster. 

45 minutes ago, Scotty_rocket said:

Nah, I'd rather downs were weaker. Bleed out time I can deal with but one or two shots should finish a knocked player IMO 

One or two shots will finish a downed player.....

6 minutes ago, maineventev said:

Yeah with a kar98 or if you shoot them in the head but otherwise they sponge damage when supposedly they've lost all of their hp and are on deaths door. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty_rocket said:

Yeah with a kar98 or if you shoot them in the head but otherwise they sponge damage when supposedly they've lost all of their hp and are on deaths door. 

Yea crazy you can down a player or kill them with one shot but takes 3 to finish them.

I think any shot to a downed player should end them right then but I think putting a bandage on to slow bleeding...like in real life...to a point, should just prolong the untouched bleed out time. Head shots with SRs should be insta-deaths. I do think they need to come out with a hardcore mode too

2 hours ago, maineventev said:

With what? I looked it up on pubglookup a few months ago, because I couldn't believe it, but it took SEVEN shots with an m16 to kill a downed guy from maybe 30m, it was: leg, pelvis, torso, pelvis, torso, head, torso. I can't remember if I got a screenshot but it was crazy how many times I had to shoot this person after he was knocked.

I'd prefer it to just stay like it is.

I definitely wouldn't want them to remove 'knocks' entirely (instantly killed), it would completely change the game.

My pet peeve is you should be able to drink energy drinks while swimming, but yeah............. and shoot your handgun

10 hours ago, Preysler said:

My pet peeve is you should be able to drink energy drinks while swimming

Mine is that you can use meds while driving across a field (usually) but it all falls to pieces when you turn a corner on a relatively flat road.

And it's even more difficult in a boat too. This one makes no sense.

I once had to piss into a milk bottle on a moving speedboat and I was almost 100% successful - legit precision (well, 95% precision anyway)

On 3/22/2019 at 2:01 PM, Scotty_rocket said:

This^

It's nuckin futs that it takes as much or more to kill a DBNO as it does a regular player.

One or two should suffice if they're down.

4 hours ago, DRoc Poopsmith said:

What about being able to use a pistol when you're down? 

That's an interesting thought.

I wouldn't be 100% against it but I should think a lot of people would.

1 hour ago, ColonicBoom said:

That's an interesting thought.

I wouldn't be 100% against it but I should think a lot of people would.

I picture kind of like when you're downed in the zombie mode in Call of Duty. But making it harder to aim because you're bleeding out. And you can only do this if you've picked up a handgun, giving them more of a purpose beyond the start of the game. 

Guest hybiepoo
On 3/23/2019 at 7:05 AM, BlazedInThe253 said:

Yea crazy you can down a player or kill them with one shot but takes 3 to finish them.

Agreed. I've pretty much stopped playing teams partly for this reason and partly because my team was frustrating. It's so much more rewarding getting that SR headshot in solos. Rather than either having them be revived most of the time or having to hit them more to finish off than you did to down them in the first place. 

Sucks making an epic 3-400meter running headshot just as the guy is about to get cover but then is behind it before you can even rechamber a round so he can get revived.

I still wish we would get a hardcore mode. Force the fight. NO killing of downs. They still bleed out over time, you just can't kill them. To me, there's nothing worst than being shot through instantly when I get downed. Go play blackout with that crap. 

47 minutes ago, STL BATMAN said:

I still wish we would get a hardcore mode. Force the fight. NO killing of downs. They still bleed out over time, you just can't kill them. To me, there's nothing worst than being shot through instantly when I get downed. Go play blackout with that crap. 

That is the opposite of hardcore in my opinion. Hardcore would be no downs just dead, what you're describing is the ability for your downed teammate to callout enemy locations whilst crawling towards an ally in a position of cover with no risk of being finished. If you're not moving with team mates from cover to cover you deserve to be knocked and finished instantly so you can't relay information.