Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KURANT50

So there aren't another 100 people in NA that want to play NA/solo/FPP?

So there aren't another 100 people in NA that want to play NA/solo/FPP at 10am CST? It just seems hard to believe. 

2019-03-22.png

Popularity of PUBG is on massive downhill turbo-engined rocketsience fall

Doubtful. NA/FPP is a pretty small contingent of people as it is. I'm betting they all log in and see the same thing, and then log out.

Well, since I don't want to play Sanhok, I look at at FPP-Solo Miramar. If no go then I look  at the time for FPP-Solo Erangel and decide if I want to play that. If I really want to play Miramar then i'll try FPP or TPP 1-man squad. If I can't do that then I log off.

I'm not going to play Sanhok ever again I think. In my opinion it's the most ridiculously stupid map for this game. I'd rather play checkers then play Sanhok. 

Not at this time. Maybe later in the day. Sad but this is the reality now.

Hard to get games in EU TPP solo aswell, had to wait 5 minutes another day & when I joined the lobby it was around 40 players...

Devs...listening?  Or ignoring?

What is your plan for the day when 100 person games are history?

Aaaaaanyone.....?

I wonder if they could group the NA and EU together? Playing something is better than nothing. 

1 minute ago, KURANT50 said:

I wonder if they could group the NA and EU together? Playing something is better than nothing. 

We don't need more desync. We need matches to start with fewer players and dynamic circles that adjust accordingly.

This is proof that Map Select needs to be removed for NA FPP SOLO

Literally can't even play the game right now.

30 minutes ago, erkogbg said:

Hard to get games in EU TPP solo aswell, had to wait 5 minutes another day & when I joined the lobby it was around 40 players...

Really? I play EU TPP solo and other than Vikendi I've had no problem getting games at all. What time of day was that?

I'm a tad frightened if this is the case.

8 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

Really? I play EU TPP solo and other than Vikendi I've had no problem getting games at all. What time of day was that?

I'm a tad frightened if this is the case.

I only play Erangel so that can be the case, I don't like the other maps so I always lock Erangel.

This was 22.00 in the evening.

20 minutes ago, Imerzan said:

No, this is proof of Planet Flapdoodle is controlling us with magic brain waves.

Where do you get this stuff?

Just now, jonboiwaltune said:

No, this is proof of Planet Flapdoodle is controlling us with magic brain waves.

Where do you get this stuff?

Just another sanhok spammer who refuses to face the truth.

If it weren't for chocotaco I don't think a lobby would get going. I logged into pubg and miramar is going. Jumped on twitch and choco is playing it.

22 minutes ago, Imerzan said:

Lol Erangel.

Because Quick Join only firehoses popular maps, and will not start any of them by itself, nobody is joining anything.

If their launch server was smart enough to start a map as soon as one person joined a queue, and then told everyone which one was started, then it would work fine.

The system would be just as broken if there were no map selects at all, and all 9 of those players had joined quickjoin.

You get that, right?

29 minutes ago, Imerzan said:

I blocked that twit ages ago. Completely clueless.

One, I think at this point nobody real cares if we have 100 people.   If one person wants to go into a MAP, it should enter them into the map right away for staging and then all the people who have selected quick Join, it should join them into that MAP.   Sure people will exit but at least you should be able to get a game on any map at that point.    Start the timer and see how many people you get.   If it determines there are 25/50/75 start the random circle smaller or just start out in the FIRST circle and not the whole map.  

Clearly they could handle ALL the people when this game peaked so why do they care if we are spinning up maps to play.

I would have no problems playing in a restricted area as long as I could PLAY any of the maps! 

jonboiwaltune:  I see you posted kind of the same thing and I am ALL for it!   Boot up all maps basically every 30 seconds or so.. and then get PEOPLE into games.

22 minutes ago, my_cholula said:

I blocked that twit ages ago. Completely clueless.

That explains why you won't answer questions!  I thought you were just being rude.

If 3 people join, select sanhok and each of the three other maps, when sanhok starts they all join it and the queues go to zero again.

That is the part cholua never gets.  He thinks the other queues stay with 1 person each, even though they are playing sanhok.

9 minutes ago, ASiDiE said:

One, I think at this point nobody real cares if we have 100 people.   If one person wants to go into a MAP, it should enter them into the map right away for staging and then all the people who have selected quick Join, it should join them into that MAP.   Sure people will exit but at least you should be able to get a game on any map at that point.    Start the timer and see how many people you get.   If it determines there are 25/50/75 start the random circle smaller or just start out in the FIRST circle and not the whole map.  

Clearly they could handle ALL the people when this game peaked so why do they care if we are spinning up maps to play.

I would have no problems playing in a restricted area as long as I could PLAY any of the maps! 

Yep.  That's what they should do, and we could still have single map select while doing it...even though cholua is far to stupid to understand that.

They will never do it because they have to spend 30 cents (or some other number) to start a server.  We've already paid 1.5 billion dollars to them, but the 30 cents is more important to them.

29 minutes ago, ASiDiE said:

Will never happen. That costs them money. Would be a horrible business decision.

29 minutes ago, ASiDiE said:

jonboiwaltune:  I see you posted kind of the same thing and I am ALL for it!   Boot up all maps basically every 30 seconds or so.. and then get PEOPLE into games.

There is no longer a population to support it. BlueHole has literally stated repeatedly that the game couldn't support single map select when there was 3 million players and only 2 maps. Now we have less then 1 million players and 4 maps. The problem is obvious. As the game continues to lose players, they will be forced to remove single map select at some point. It's a forgone conclusion.

Cholua never will grasp the idea that no matter how people queue, there is only a set number of people queuing.  Removing single map select doesn't magically create people.

He is fixed on this idea like a laser beam, but no one here has ever been able to snap him out of it.

He IS partially right, though...if a server starts a map (by some means) and a user has deselected that map, that user can never contribute to the number needed to start the countdown timer.  If a bunch of people select maps and that map won't start,(by single or multiple select) those users have to wait and the timer doesn't start.  This DOES impact the game and prevents maps from starting...which I have never denied.  But the benefit is only marginal and won't fix the problems we see in this thread.

But his assumption that selecting 2 maps will magically force PUBG to start one of those two maps (or both) is just nuts.

3 hours ago, Imerzan said:

I played some solo vs squads a couple days ago on the test server. I actually won the third game played. I kept quiting the lobby until I got the map I wanted. If I didn't get the map I wanted soon enough, I would of not played. So lack of map selection may not work. It doesn't to get me to play other maps.

18 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

I played some solo vs squads a couple days ago on the test server. I actually won the third game played. I kept quiting the lobby until I got the map I wanted. If I didn't get the map I wanted soon enough, I would of not played. So lack of map selection may not work. It doesn't to get me to play other maps.

Don't tell cholua that...he'll advocate that you be punished.