Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlazedInThe253

Player Base

Recommended Posts

Must not be many Solo players in the USA since Im #61 on analyzer and honestly I am trash. My friend is #64 and he hardly plays solos. Dues and Squads wasn't as low for me but I was still surprised at the ranking. 

 

I thought for a second I was tied with millions of other players but it dont appear so. 

 

If this is the case I assume my lobbies are filled with international players a lot of the time and that would explain some of the lag issues we see regularly on the NA server. If the player base is that low in the USA then maybe this game is dying. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Must not be many Solo players in the USA since Im #61 on analyzer and honestly I am trash. My friend is #64 and he hardly plays solos. Dues and Squads wasn't as low for me but I was still surprised at the ranking. 

 

I thought for a second I was tied with millions of other players but it dont appear so. 

 

If this is the case I assume my lobbies are filled with international players a lot of the time and that would explain some of the lag issues we see regularly on the NA server. If the player base is that low in the USA then maybe this game is dying. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am wondering if it is just the people that have gone on that website and looked themselves up then compares all of them to each other?  Something like that.  As I notice Pajama Dad is ranked like 39th in the U.S. in solos and he has said on here he is not that good.  I also watch a streamer that on pubgs game has him ranked like #5 right behind the Brett Favre guy and he isn't even on this solo top 100 list.    It has me and my duo partner #131 in the U.S. and we are an absolute dumpster fire when we play together.   So that can't be possible. 

 

Although note that PUBG on xbox has dropped to the 16th most currently played game.  It is now behind Ark and Anthem.   So yes it is dying, just not sure if it has been shot in the chest 5 times and is bleeding out or if it has taken a bullet to the head.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rek It Beckett said:

 

I am wondering if it is just the people that have gone on that website 

 

 

You probably right

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure that ranking is only of those that have used analyzer.

 

I'm certainly not #39 in any capacity.

 

But I have questioned what the previous in-game leader board implied when I was rated in the top 0.XX% fairly often. Never made actual placement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rek It Beckett said:

I am wondering if it is just the people that have gone on that website and looked themselves up then compares all of them to each other?  Something like that.

 

Yeah, it's people that have locked themselves up or been looked up by someone else.

 

I searched my squad and one of the appeared above me and pushed me down the list. He wasn't there at all until I put his GT in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. Division 2 has kept me busy lately and Firestorm will be here in a week. See ya in a few months PUBG hopefully they focus on real game problems while I'm gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That site only compares the people who have gone to the site and have been analyzed. I'm assuming the majority of the player base hasn't done so or even knows the stats site exists. It's mostly us diehards.

 

Yeah... it has me ranked 73rd in solos for the US. That's a total crock of sh!t. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved down quit a bit about 20 spots since yesterday and I think your all correct it must only count peeps whos name has been entered into the system. 

 

If this was a real snap shot of the  US player base then its in a sad position. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I gauge the health of the game by how fast my queue goes. Others may base it off of communication with devs, amount of updates/hotfixes, forum activity, etc. If chose whether or not I played based off of reactions here on the forum, I'd never play.

 

But... I'm still having loads of fun, as are the guys I play with. To me... that's really the only thing I'll base my decisions off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its bugged, there is no way i am placed in the position i am right now in my country.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

Personally, I gauge the health of the game by how fast my queue goes. Others may base it off of communication with devs, amount of updates/hotfixes, forum activity, etc. If chose whether or not I played based off of reactions here on the forum, I'd never play.

 

But... I'm still having loads of fun, as are the guys I play with. To me... that's really the only thing I'll base my decisions off.

 

I totally understand where you are coming from.  I guess when I say it is dying I am not saying people don't like it, but you can't ignore the massive drop in players, continuing issues, lack of communication....etc.  You can still like something that is dying, but it is still dying.   Side note apparently if you make a comment about the games creator, that will get your post deleted and the topic as well, lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marc_T9 said:

Its bugged, there is no way i am placed in the position i am right now in my country.

 

 

 

#3 in Iraq?  Details, details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

Personally, I gauge the health of the game by how fast my queue goes.

 

 

Yea thats what had me confused cuz there is always 100 people ready to go within seconds of me qing up so the low numbers confused me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rek It Beckett said:

 

I totally understand where you are coming from.  I guess when I say it is dying I am not saying people don't like it, but you can't ignore the massive drop in players, continuing issues, lack of communication....etc.  You can still like something that is dying, but it is still dying.   Side note apparently if you make a comment about the games creator, that will get your post deleted and the topic as well, lol.  

 

LOL I noticed that. I was in the process of replying when it got locked. Arch nemesis? That's no way to refer to somebody you have such a high regard for. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...