Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheJoker502

How do you combat high ping players?

Seriously, I know this game would be pretty dead without adding in some out of region players, but for real it's a pain in the ass fighting these guys that have a ping advantage. Maybe I shouldn't call it an advantage, but it sure as shit changes the gameplay. Also while i'm here I just wanna say that in regards to cheating, there is a lot of it going on. I don't know how many times I've watched the kill cam and the guy who kills me from 100 yards away gets a spidey sense and decides to pull his KAR out before I can ever be seen only to snap to me and kill me full sprint. Maybe the killcam is bugged but I've watched many people snap their aim to each person on the map and then me being the closest get wrecked before I ever have a bullet register on my end. This game probably just needs to die. Rant over. Over.

seeing as it sjust a rant I wont bother going into detail, suffice to say that you with the low ping have the distinct advantage.  when I have sub 50 ping I get double the kills I do with 150 ping. on average'

I win at least twice as many 1v1 after I started using mudfish and thus reduced my ping from well over 250ms+ to 150ms.

i would be a god with a 20-40ms me thinks 👍🤐🔥 I would have my my own skins - get invites to completions - get partnered with twitch and pubg.....  I can will see myself out...

Seriously though, what is the OP ping?

42 minutes ago, my_cholula said:

Low ping will always have the advantage. High ping advantage is a myth.

No. It is not that simple.

High ping gives advantages in some situations, just as disadvantages. But on top of that, there is main issue affecting PUBG, if it comes to ping diffrences:

- hit box while movement of enemy, which is diffrent every ping enemy have

and it doesn't matter what you see on yor screen, and what is actually happening.

This and only this causes desync, unregistred hits etc. etc. which simply, makes part of being "competetive" in this game absolute bs. Especially when 1 hit can change everything (which combined wih late snipers buff will make ppl ragequit).

Good job, make desync more visible so more players leave the game.

Just now, Ehe said:

No. It is not that simple.

High ping gives advantages in some situations, just as disadvantages. But on top of that, there is main issue affecting PUBG, if it comes to ping diffrences:

- hit box while movement of enemy, which is diffrent every ping enemy have

and it doesn't matter what you see on yor screen, and what is actually happening.

This and only this causes desync, unregistred hits etc. etc. which simply, makes part of being "competetive" in this game absolute bs. Especially when 1 hit can change everything (which combined wih late snipers buff will make ppl ragequit).

Yes, it is that simple. Even when a high ping gets the drop on you, your reaction will process well before their reaction. 

13 minutes ago, my_cholula said:

Yes, it is that simple. Even when a high ping gets the drop on you, your reaction will process well before their reaction. 

There are situations when it helps.

When he drop on you - before he send info about things happening on his PC to server, you'd be dead on his screen before you react. Shots have priority - for him your dead, so for server aswell - before you turn, aim and all stuff - he shot, he hit, you dead.

There are sitations good and bad for high pings. It causes lot of bs in game. The end.

Just now, Ehe said:

There are situations when it helps.

When he drop on you - before he send info about things happening on his PC to server, you'd be dead on his screen before you react. Shots have priority - for him your dead, so for server aswell - before you turn, aim and all stuff - he shot, he hit, you dead.

Except that has nothing to do with high ping. That would be true in ANY scenario. If anyone, high or low ping, gets the drop on you and shreds you, you're going to die. Ping has nothing to do with it.

Again, there is NO advantage, period, to high ping.

46 minutes ago, my_cholula said:

Except that has nothing to do with high ping. That would be true in ANY scenario. If anyone, high or low ping, gets the drop on you and shreds you, you're going to die. Ping has nothing to do with it.

Get knowledge please, im not a teacher to educate you and waste my time. You are wrong and your ego or laziness makes you not even eager to educate yourself.

I see no point of discussing with you, untill you educate yourself.

Ask @Rev0verDrive for clues, im quite sure he will agree, that there are situations where high ping gives advantage in PUBG.

Just now, Ehe said:

Get knowledge please, im not a teacher to educate you and waste my time. You are wrong and your ego or laziness makes you not even eager to educate yourself.

I see no point of discussing with you, untill you educate yourself.

Ask @Rev0verDrive for clues, im quite sure he will agree, that there are situations where high ping gives advantage in PUBG.

In other words, you don't have a clue, and you're hoping someone else will back you up. Got it.

You have to be aggressive against those with latency issues. When you initiate an attack, it takes the other player some time to notice they are being attacked. And if your aim is good, chances are that the other player will die before they even realize they are being attacked.

However, the same is true the other way. If you sit still and wait for an enemy to come to you, you are giving THEM that advantage where they might turn a corner and light you up before you even see them turn the corner on your end.

This is why a lot of times people think they are "insta-killed"  or that the other player is cheating. They aren't cheating, it's just that some of their movements weren't relayed to your perspective because of latency.

Low latency favors aggressive action. Playing defensive with low latency is suicide. You will never win unless the attacker is a terrible shot.

The only time where ambush tactics are even feasible is when you are literally right next to the server and the person you are lying in wait for also has low ping.

So, regardless of how you prefer to play... camping and playing defensively is just not to your advantage.

Multiplayer shooting games are based on the "What You See Is What You Get" principle. Yet that principle only applies when all players have a very low ping and a stable connection (low loss, low variance).

Here's 2 videos I did in Unreal Engine 4 that explains High Ping Advantage.

If you still have questions or need further clarity PLEASE ASK. I'll be more than happy to help.

the higher the latency the more pronounced peekers advantage becomes, for whoever is doing the peeking.

Considering this game is mostly played in third person, people like to not peek, but ambush, and that doesn't work so good when latency becomes an issue.

Just remember that no one gets to choose where they play in this game, and believe me, you want a low ping, even if you have to go up against high pingers.  I 

5 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

the higher the latency the more pronounced peekers advantage becomes, for whoever is doing the peeking.

Considering this game is mostly played in third person, people like to not peek, but ambush, and that doesn't work so good when latency becomes an issue.

Just remember that no one gets to choose where they play in this game, and believe me, you want a low ping, even if you have to go up against high pingers.  I 

YUP!

Yet, HPA extends to more than just peekers. In a game where I'm supposed to aim directly at a visual representation of a target (player) in order to hit it. Then it's position on my screen needs to represent exactly what the server will be using to determine if I hit or miss. The Server Authoritative Model does not support this in regards to HP players.

The only time it does is when the opponent with HP is running directly toward or away from you or is standing still. Otherwise your shots will not register on the server, irregardless of the projectile on the client screen passing through the mesh.

LP's have to revert to lag shooting at HP's. Yet the LP doesn't know his/her opponent is an HP until after a few shots are fired. First, Second, and Third miss ... adjust ahead, try again.

HP's know they have a shit connection, thus they know they need to lag shoot right out of the gate. So lead the target, lead the target, lead the target.

11 minutes ago, Rev0verDrive said:

YUP!

Yet, HPA extends to more than just peekers. In a game where I'm supposed to aim directly at a visual representation of a target (player) in order to hit it. Then it's position on my screen needs to represent exactly what the server will be using to determine if I hit or miss. The Server Authoritative Model does not support this in regards to HP players.

The only time it does is when the opponent with HP is running directly toward or away from you or is standing still. Otherwise your shots will not register on the server, irregardless of the projectile on the client screen passing through the mesh.

LP's have to revert to lag shooting at HP's. Yet the LP doesn't know his/her opponent is an HP until after a few shots are fired. First, Second, and Third miss ... adjust ahead, try again.

HP's know they have a shit connection, thus they know they need to lag shoot right out of the gate. So lead the target, lead the target, lead the target.

hmm I don't lead targets I aim at them with high or low ping, the ones I aim at are the ones I hit.

Just now, DeadlyEggXoP said:

hmm I don't lead targets I aim at them with high or low ping, the ones I aim at are the ones I hit.

Lucky you.

I play against this shit every day.

very rarely see people lagging around like that to be fair, but its pretty obvious that something is up,, its not like you saying low pingers don't know they have to lag shoot ? err .. if you have to shoot and you see them moving like that ??

but yeah I really don't see people warping like that when I have 20 ping or when I have 200 ping

6 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

very rarely see people lagging around like that to be fair, but its pretty obvious that something is up,, its not like you saying low pingers don't know they have to lag shoot ? err .. if you have to shoot and you see them moving like that ??

but yeah I really don't see people warping like that when I have 20 ping or when I have 200 ping

For an HP, lag comp smooths out player movement. So essentially they don't see other players warping around like that.

Most of the time opponent player movement seems smooth, then there's a sudden warp. That vid is an extreme case that I come across quite often in the late hours. You don't shoot at that shit and you hope he doesn't know you're there. If you want that kill you have to move and hope for a direct line up.

Yet, when you're in a cqc environment and that same dude comes running around a corner, you line up center mass and then he warps left, right etc WTF are you suppose to do.

There's shitloads of Shroud and Doc vids showing this. Those vids are what spurred the whole damn desync fiasco. Desync is HPA.

wow thats crazy :| 

for me its always hard to conceptualize what to do when there is obvious differences in ping... so do you shoot where they were 100ms ago or where you think they are gonna be in 100ms - I guess in CQC its not that important, either ur gonna kill or be killed, but in a mid to long range battle it is really frustrating lol

Anecdotal evidence 

today, Friday I played in sea.

have two wins, rest top 10 if not,dead from a bad drop in first minute.

my usual ,ping is 250+

today was at 100ms mostly

6 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Multiplayer shooting games are based on the "What You See Is What You Get" principle. Yet that principle only applies when all players have a very low ping and a stable connection (low loss, low variance).

Here's 2 videos I did in Unreal Engine 4 that explains High Ping Advantage.

If you still have questions or need further clarity PLEASE ASK. I'll be more than happy to help.

Good videos, I haven't finished them but I applaud your knowledge on the subject and thanks for putting them in!

6 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

I have seen some videos but I find it a hard concept in the heat of battle.

6 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

YUP!

So I'm linking a video of what happened to me tonight, I feel like this represents all we are discussing on this thread.

5 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

I don't lead much either, most of the time you really don't know you're playing against a higher ping player by visual cues. The video I'm linking shows me doing pretty much what I always do and I get screwed because of a ping issue. 

Please check this out, I feel like it describes what I made the post for. Also watch in 1080 cause the quality is crap for some reason. Also I do not think any cheating is going on in this video. I tried to blur the names on youtube editor but I am too stupid to do that, I hope the video doesn't get deleted. Anyways her it is: 

17 hours ago, my_cholula said:

In other words, you don't have a clue, and you're hoping someone else will back you up. Got it.

So you have 2 videos explaining high ping advantages in this topic.

19 hours ago, my_cholula said:

Low ping will always have the advantage. High ping advantage is a myth.

18 hours ago, my_cholula said:

Now as i said before - it's not that simple, there are situations when high ping gives advantage, now sit your ass down, get this goddamn knowledge, and stop making fool out of yourself denying everything so eagerly when you don't have clue.