NA FPP Solo MM (9:08 PM EST)

image.png.ebb92078790a246bb16f64995f5e85bd.png

Nothing has changed from what's been like for the past few weeks. 2 Map rotation. Erangel/Sanhok or Miramar/Sanhok. Today it's Erangel. tomorrow it will be Miramar. Back and forth we go.

I think the conclusion is going to be that map selection has to be removed. Regardless of what you think now..there *will* be another map..how bad will map selection be with 5 or 6 maps? I think people who are trying to hold onto map selection are just ignoring reality and delaying the inevitable.

Just look at Steam stats during your peak hours. In NA it’s only about 150k people. In any other non-BR game that would be fine. But in a game where there are 99 other people per round, and there are two different view perspectives, with 3-4 different game modes, between 4 maps.. it’s a very fragmented player base. 

Then you have to realize that most people want action. You see it in any PUBG map — half the server drops hot, and within a few minutes there are only 50 people left. People like Sanhok because there’s more action. 

You really can’t force people to play other maps. I don’t think it’s because of loot. Most people just want to jump into the action. And outside of that initial instant action, they don’t want to wait 20 minutes to run into other players. If you force random map rotations, people will either leave and re-q, or you’ll see a higher percentage of players dropping hot which will basically eliminate mid game. We saw this when it was just a rotation between Erangel and Miramar..... which is why they introduced map selection to begin with. 

On 3/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, knaebekevin said:

at 9:48 am most people are either in school or at work

Never had a single issue in the past at this time...

10 minutes ago, 1971ChevelleSS said:

Never had a single issue in the past at this time...

Same here. been playing at the same time daily for over a year now.

• Like 1

I have been playing afternoons and evenings 5 days per week for the last year+. I am east coast US based. The matchmaking was never great but this last patch has completely destroyed it. No matter what time of day I try to play solo games, all I get is:

- Sanhook low wait times (I hate that map)

- Erangal .. about a 1 min wait

- Vikendi : nobody playing

- Miramar : nobody playing

Oh .. and quick join just gives me Sanhook 99% of the time.

This is the same for TPP and FPP. 

If I use an EU VPN I can play any map with very low wait times. I'm essentially forced to play with a VPN now, as my only US choice is to play Sanhook over and over and over ...

Before the patch on March 19th Vikendi had lots of players .. now apparently has exactly 0 .. I'm suspicious that there is something fundamentally broken in the matchmaking that seems to be USA specific. Either that or a huge percentage of the player base decided to quit in the last few weeks.

Another notable change : I sometimes play Duo with an EU based friend. It used to always put is on EU servers. As of the March 19th patch it always puts us on US servers .. where there are NO PLAYERS. Thank goodness for VPNs .. otherwise PUBG would be a waste of hard drive space.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:51 AM, Neravine said:

Let me answer for you Takarii, We are in NA. I bet you say its morning time people are sleeping or at school or work, which is BS. If these are the correct numbers then its true this game has died in NA.

FPP is an incredibly small population on all servers not named EU. TPP (NA/Early morning) has Erengal and Sanhok at 35 seconds and ? for Mirimar and Vekindi.

Strange. I've been playing NA FPP Solo and for the weekend was seeing action on all 4 map (first time ever) and the last couple of days it was down to 3.

From my perspective it is much, much better than before, with sanhok + 1 other and QJ feeding sanhok only.

What was it like for you before the update?