Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TorrroTorrro

Hardware ban work

You can fool yourselfs and disagree with anything - cheaters destroyed this game. Incompetence on banning them aswell. And cut this bs that there are cheaters in every game - their numbers in PUBG and hard influence made this playerbase downhill.

40 minutes ago, Ehe said:

You can fool yourselfs and disagree with anything - cheaters destroyed this game. Incompetence on banning them aswell. And cut this bs that there are cheaters in every game - their numbers in PUBG and hard influence made this playerbase downhill.

I don't think cheaters destroyed the game . Bluehole just didn't manage to fix/optimize the game in a reasonable period . 

If i were them , i would prepare PUBG 2 , with carefull attention to so at launch it would be as stable as possible( FPS + LAG issues + Desync etc )  . They can monetize after as much as they want as long as everything is ok . 

Cheaters will be in EVERY GAME out there - as far as i am concerened , PUBG doesn't have a lot ( EU at least ) - 3 -8% maximum . 

I've seen some , but nothing compared to other games.  

Based on ~ 600 hours of gameplay - not a pro or anything . 

On 3/18/2019 at 3:01 PM, my_cholula said:

That policy needs to change. Cheating is cheating. If a PC cafe in China is going to allow cheats to be installed on their PC's, they can also suffer the consequences of it.

Well said. Windows has all the tools necessary for the managers of those stores to prevent customers from installing programs themselves, so if all their computers get banned from PUBG it's their own fault for not taking the steps to protect their hardware. 

5 hours ago, phizzzix said:

Cheaters will be in EVERY GAME out there - as far as i am concerened , PUBG doesn't have a lot ( EU at least ) - 3 -8% maximum . 

I've seen some , but nothing compared to other games.  

Based on ~ 600 hours of gameplay - not a pro or anything . 

I'd be hard pushed to believe 3-8% based on my experiences...  I put it much higher than that, and there is a definate "profile" of the hackers, HUYA-tv is a prime candidate, I don't think I've met a non-hacking HUYA-TV player yet, the other day I met a full squad of them, all 4 were HUYA-tv players, all 4 had ESP and aimbots, so I reported all 4.. only one got banned, why?

Watch your replays more often, not just the deathcam, you watch 5 minutes before your death and you'll see a lot more explicit ESP usage...

On 3/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, CAttack said:

These public PCs must be banned.

How do they determine a PC is public vs Private?

1 minute ago, LuckImpaired said:

How do they determine a PC is public vs Private?

Typically, I'd say they'd all come from the same IP address. When you have 20-30 simultaneous connections sharing the same IP, it's either a public location, university etc, or a VPN.

17 hours ago, my_cholula said:

I would disagree. If they allow the PC's to be used illegally, that's on them.

You can disagree all you want, but that is not how it works in the real world as it would have to be proven that they are knowingly allowing it.

Non-administrators can still launch executables and I would venture to guess a lot of these cheats don't need to be installed, just launched thus you wouldn't be able to stop them anyway. However, if they were to prevent them from using USB drives without administrative rights that is another thing. Then the cafe staff would have to copy the config files for them and I think that would be perfectly acceptable. There are plenty of tools out there that will monitor every single file copied to and from a USB drive and provide a report as well and those individuals can be dealt with accordingly.

8 minutes ago, LuckImpaired said:

You can disagree all you want, but that is not how it works in the real world as it would have to be proven that they are knowingly allowing it.

Just like any business, the PC can be completely controlled by the administrator. You can make it impossible to install a cheat or run an unauthorized program on any PC.

Non-administrators can still launch executables and I would venture to guess a lot of these cheats don't need to be installed, just launched thus you wouldn't be able to stop them anyway.

However, if they were to prevent them from using USB drives without administrative rights that is another thing. Then the cafe staff would have to copy the config files for them and I think that would be perfectly acceptable. There are plenty of tools out there that will monitor every single file copied to and from a USB drive and provide a report as well and those individuals can be dealt with accordingly.

Non admins can only launch what an admin has installed. ANY executable (doesn't need to be installed) can be required to have Admin authorization.

3 minutes ago, my_cholula said:

Non admins can only launch what an admin has installed. ANY executable (doesn't need to be installed) can be required to have Admin authorization.

Well being we use standard users around here along with LAPS so I am one of the very few that has admin rights to any machine I can tell you that you are incorrect. I just downloaded 3 files to test this. 

If it needs to install, yes you can stop it from installing. However, if it just runs that is not the case. You can block specific EXE files within windows, but 99.9% of the time giving it another name will resolve that and being that you have no clue what the file is they are running is called to begin with you wouldn't be able to manage that even if a rename didn't get around it.

2 minutes ago, LuckImpaired said:

Well being we use standard users around here along with LAPS so I am one of the very few that has admin rights to any machine I can tell you that you are incorrect. I just downloaded 3 files to test this. 

Just because you don't have the knowledge doesn't mean I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, LuckImpaired said:

If it needs to install, yes you can stop it from installing. However, if it just runs that is not the case. You can block specific EXE files within windows, but 99.9% of the time giving it another name will resolve that and being that you have no clue what the file is they are running is called to begin with you wouldn't be able to manage that even if a rename didn't get around it.

I suggest you do a little research on Software Restriction Policy, and whitelisting. Any competent IT person uses this to do exactly what I have described.

On 3/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, my_cholula said:

Sadly, not banning because its a public computer completely defeats the effectiveness of hardware ID bans. From what I understand, the vast majority of players in China (who are also the vast majority of cheaters) all use public PC's to play.

There is a solution for that. Every computer cafe keeper would be required to register their computers as a public computers for a nominal fee per hardware, and require to have a minimal amount of them like example 10 computers to be registered to their account and behind same IP. Every month it would cost example a 2€ to have an hardware that HWID is registered but doesn't get a HWID ban but just account ban. 

This would mean that a cheater would need to own a multiple computers to first to get even application for it. And then pay a 20€ a month for that service. For a computer cafe owner that is nothing, just a couple hour profits cost.

And then the computer cafe keeper gets to see in a realtime the bans their specific computers by HWID gets. So they can double check it with their clients if so wanted and even deny their services from them if so wanted. As after some time the computer cafe computers could all be banned if the keeper allows continually cheaters to play there. 

9 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

There is a solution for that. Every computer cafe keeper would be required to register their computers as a public computers for a nominal fee per hardware, and require to have a minimal amount of them like example 10 computers to be registered to their account and behind same IP. Every month it would cost example a 2€ to have an hardware that HWID is registered but doesn't get a HWID ban but just account ban. 

This would mean that a cheater would need to own a multiple computers to first to get even application for it. And then pay a 20€ a month for that service. For a computer cafe owner that is nothing, just a couple hour profits cost.

And then the computer cafe keeper gets to see in a realtime the bans their specific computers by HWID gets. So they can double check it with their clients if so wanted and even deny their services from them if so wanted. As after some time the computer cafe computers could all be banned if the keeper allows continually cheaters to play there. 

I don't think this would work. Unless my understanding of the infrastructure is incorrect, all Chinese players are using VPN's to play the game, as they do not have an actual server in China (the game is still banned in China as far as I know). So pretty much all of China is coming into the game from the same sets of IP's (the VPN they use).

22 hours ago, Ehe said:

That is one depressing chart. It essentially says that the cheating problem is constant... Cheaters is getting right back to it after a ban. I mean... wtf?

15 hours ago, LuckImpaired said:

Non-administrators can still launch executables and I would venture to guess a lot of these cheats don't need to be installed, just launched thus you wouldn't be able to stop them anyway. 

- No. No nope nono, njet, nein no. You need admin. Unless the anticheat is super amateur and weak then it takes admin access. You could speculate that these cafes might be running pirated win10's and thus is not patched properly and thus can be rooted pretty easily.. but I mean, what are you going to do/accept?

Sketchy a* internet cafes has got to go. Now.

- edit : to subvert the anticheat you need admin access to hook the operating system to hide your cheat code from the anti cheat and you cannot do that, you dont have, I should say SHOULDNT have, access/privs to that with a non admin account.

This is one tactic of the anti cheat .. it hooks the same ops as the cheats typically would and catches it when it tries... Now if the cheat has hooked first, the anti cheat will never detect it.

There is a reason why there is a million million dollar industry in 0-day exploits. Its because admin access matters.