Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RJayx90

Change the % chance of getting Epic and higher

I've been playing PUBG since the day it came out in preview and it to this day I haven't received one epic or higher. I saw they tweaked the %'s a couple of updates ago but its still way too low. It seems like the plan is to sell the items they made almost impossible to get when new seasons start for 10 bucks. 

I do feel like a cow at a milking machine when I look at the store in PUBG.

After looking at the coupon rewards we can get with the Vikendi pass, I've decided I'm not going to hand over any more money.

Agreed, the whole thing stinks of greed. It's just so over the top they should be ashamed. The prices for the passes and G-crap money is highway robbery. I stick up for this game big time in the forums but am very negative on their prices and the whole store. Huge scam and it helped drive people away. The seasons could have united people, but for $10 not worth it. Don't even get me started on other item prices. Insane

1 hour ago, ericthegreat said:

The prices for the passes and G-crap money is highway robbery.

It's pretty bad when you look into it...

Money to buy the pass.

Which unlocks a grind of unentertaining challenges, where you can earn mostly terrible items but even worse...

You mostly unlock coupons, which can only be spent on even less interesting items that nobody wants.

And the coupons you don't spend will then be wiped before the next pass for one reason - so you can't save them for that one item you might want from the next pass.

Then there's G-Coin to buy massively overpriced items that are a bit more interesting.

But the amount you can buy doesn't really tally up with the price of the items, you always have slightly too little or some left over, which is a blatant 'look at the great value pack' scam. A scam that's so old that cavemen used it when trading shiny things to the neighbouring idiot clan. All games companies do it, it blatantly smacks of "our customers are stupid". It's just rude.

And let's not forget BP which is basically irrelevant, it costs nothing so you accrue plenty of it but it's worthless. After a year of earning BP most people will have hundreds of duplicates of the blandest items that have ever been digitised. Items that are so bland that you would only consider wearing them in bed, when you're so ill that you're firing death-mix out of both ends.

There are a few interesting items but the chances of getting one are slim...

It's about as likely as getting headhunted by Victoria Secret, to become the head of their highly paid 'backstage pantie removal' team with a benefits package that includes lifetime membership to the "literally unlimited supermodels' backdoor access hot-tub and tummy rubs scheme".

Anyway, I'm just going to see what's in these next few crates...

35 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

It's pretty bad when you look into it...

Money to buy the pass.

Which unlocks a grind of unentertaining challenges, where you can earn mostly terrible items but even worse...

You mostly unlock coupons, which can only be spent on even less interesting items that nobody wants.

And the coupons you don't spend will then be wiped before the next pass for one reason - so you can't save them for that one item you might want from the next pass.

Then there's G-Coin to buy massively overpriced items that are a bit more interesting.

But the amount you can buy doesn't really tally up with the price of the items, you always have slightly too little or some left over, which is a blatant 'look at the great value pack' scam. A scam that's so old that cavemen used it when trading shiny things to the neighbouring idiot clan. All games companies do it, it blatantly smacks of "our customers are stupid". It's just rude.

And let's not forget BP which is basically irrelevant, it costs nothing so you accrue plenty of it but it's worthless. After a year of earning BP most people will have hundreds of duplicates of the blandest items that have ever been digitised. Items that are so bland that you would only consider wearing them in bed, when you're so ill that you're firing death-mix out of both ends.

There are a few interesting items but the chances of getting one are slim...

It's about as likely as getting headhunted by Victoria Secret, to become the head of their highly paid 'backstage pantie removal' team with a benefits package that includes lifetime membership to the "literally unlimited supermodels' backdoor access hot-tub and tummy rubs scheme".

Anyway, I'm just going to see what's in these next few crates...

Better mood today? 😂

6 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

Better mood today? 😂

At the moment yes. But there's still time...

Would be nice if they released the rarest stuff for a short period of time to buy with a very high amount of BP, since nobody needs it as the current system is

Been trying to get the military jacket.  Bought 3 crates and received 3 Vintage Gas Masks. How's that for odds?

Been playing since day one and I JUST got all my rarest items (Trench coat Grey, Aviatior Goggles, Floral shirt Black) in the past month or so... 

On 3/16/2019 at 9:27 PM, RJayx90 said:

I've been playing PUBG since the day it came out in preview and it to this day I haven't received one epic or higher. I saw they tweaked the %'s a couple of updates ago but its still way too low. It seems like the plan is to sell the items they made almost impossible to get when new seasons start for 10 bucks. 

I have played the game since December 27 2017, I have currently received a "coat (black)" from the surviver crate and a "cloth mask (checkered)" from the biker crate.  The crates were bugger for me sadly, had to go to support to get the items in my customization menu, but the coat (black) was replaced with the "custom trenchcoat" as a token for there mistake.  This was before the updated crates also.

13 hours ago, Rkfeather said:

Still trying for ballistic mask.. Spent 250,000 bp and still no mask😢

I got it the first try. WOOT!!

18 hours ago, BadBatch5040 said:

Been trying to get the military jacket.  Bought 3 crates and received 3 Vintage Gas Masks. How's that for odds?

I opened 25 trying to get the jacket. Got 17 of the gas mask. No joke. 

I remember the Sanhok pass and challenges were fun and I actually enjoyed doing them (apart from the killer one... everyone knows what one I mean) but the latest pass and challenges are rubbish, I don’t even bother doing or even looking at them, if I complete a challenge accidentally I’ll take the xp but that’s it.

agree that I feel we’re just being milked and it’s a rip tbh.

I think the challenges should be difficult but the difficulty, in this instance, seems to be too much of a commercial exercise. Levelling up and unlocking things should be there to keep people playing and interested. With pubg it seems to be there for the sole purpose of getting people to buy the pass, the player bases udders are withered and sore.

I get that micro-transactions are a big thing now but maybe because I'm from a time when you just bought a game they seem dirty to me.

15 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

With pubg it seems to be there for the sole purpose of getting people to buy the pass, the player bases udders are withered and sore.

I get that micro-transactions are a big thing now but maybe because I'm from a time when you just bought a game they seem dirty to me.

Spot on.

Me too, when there was an initial price and then free content from there on out as a loyalty reward.

I can't remember when/where it changed, there's very little loyalty from games companies now. Look at CoD, a perfect example of "these customers are loyal, let's try to fleece them with overpriced skins, poor value in-game currency, grinding tier 'rewards', gamble crate scams and let'd make them pay for the maps on top".

Whatever happened to the simple 'Complete the challenge, earn the reward' approach?

Companies are commonly releasing unfinished games now too - I don't mean the bugs, I mean completely missing features that arrive months later. Leaderboards in CoD, Barracks (still isn't in BO4 as far as I know), Firestorm in BFV, the ability to drag downed team mates in BFV (that might have arrived by now, I haven't checked).

At least with PUBG we get the maps.

2 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

Spot on.

Me too, when there was an initial price and then free content from there on out.

I can't remember when/where it changed, now we pay for the game and any extras in virtually all console games or worse we pay for the opportunity to gamble for extras.

I think it must have come about because of Mobile App gaming. The norm there is release shi*ty game, make a bomb from kids pressing buttons to buy magic beans. That must have crept into PC/Console gaming because lets be honest, in terms of making money it's a great idea.

Just now, MajorClagNut said:

I think it must have come about because of Mobile App gaming. The norm there is release shi*ty game, make a bomb from kids pressing buttons to buy magic beans. That must have crept into PC/Console gaming because lets be honest, in terms of making money it's a great idea.

I was thinking mobile games were the culprit too.

Yeah, it's a good business model but it's obvious and dirty.

If hell were real, there'd be a special level reserved for people that screw over their loyal fans.

Just now, ColonicBoom said:

I was thinking mobile games were the culprit too.

Yeah, it's a good business model but it's obvious and dirty.

If hell were real, there'd be a special level reserved for people that screw over their loyal fans.

They are also encouraging gambling amongst children with random items in buy-able packages. They'll go to hell for that one 👍 

Just now, MajorClagNut said:

They are also encouraging gambling amongst children with random items in buy-able packages. They'll go to hell for that one 👍 

Encouraging gambling in general is pretty wicked. I'm genuinely amazed by the amount of gambling adverts on tv in the uk. Honestly thought the government would have stamped that out quickly.

13 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

At least with PUBG we get the maps.

Damn... Can you imagine if they started...

I disagree. I have 500,000 BP and almost every item I want. If they lower the rarity of items, everyone will have them. I want to be rewarded for playing a lot, playing well and earning a lot of BP. I like the drop rates in crates as they are.

7 minutes ago, Stuffedcrust21 said:

Damn... Can you imagine if they started...

I think I would be more comfortable paying for 'expansion packs' compared to paying for passes to unlock cosmetics. I know people enjoy them but they offer no value in terms of how the game plays, essentially they are worthless. That kind of thing should be kept to BP's IMO. A much more acceptable model is, "We've been working really hard on designing this brand new map that is a great expansion to the game, can haz money?". The "Buy this pass so you can grind your way quicker to this unlock-able pair of pants" doesn't sit well with me.

When the new create came out, a few of us were in party chat and opening them at the same time. We all were getting the same exact item each time. I think it's on a carousel so who ever hits A at the exact same time will the exact same item. 

24 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

I think I would be more comfortable paying for 'expansion packs' compared to paying for passes to unlock cosmetics. I know people enjoy them but they offer no value in terms of how the game plays, essentially they are worthless. That kind of thing should be kept to BP's IMO. A much more acceptable model is, "We've been working really hard on designing this brand new map that is a great expansion to the game, can haz money?". The "Buy this pass so you can grind your way quicker to this unlock-able pair of pants" doesn't sit well with me.

Yep I completely agree mate... The other side of the argument though, imagine if we all paid for Vikendi and it was still released with the rendering issues... Those who don't have an SSD would be fairly upset to say the least