TG_L3GACY

Erangel needs loot buff

Posted (edited)

Why did every good spot on Erangel get nerfed?  Of course Sanhok is the more popular map these days, and I think it's mainly because you can focus on playing, not looting.   The size of the map is pretty irrelevant!   It's more a fact that they killed Erengel from a fun perspective.  Looting is boring, so the more you have to do of it, the less fun you have.  

School is boring to drop at, hardly any gear compared to when there'd be several ARs on the roof every match.

Military still has some good stuff but nowhere near like it was when you could find level 3 helmets and various AR/DMR all over.  

Hospital used to have lots of medical supplies and boosts, now it's just as bad and empty as everywhere else on Erengel.  

I can see even Novo and Georgopol crates got hit with the nerf stick more recently..... there's now zero equipment inside the crates that take up majority of these areas, making them basically pointless.  

I mean who at BH makes these decisions?  Who at BH decides in late 2018 that "Yeah let's nerf Novo/Georgo crate loot.... THAT will get players to play!"

Edited by TG_L3GACY

Ok fuck off.

lvl 3 helmets have not been available outside of a loot drop in an age. This alone makes your post irrelevant.

Learn how to play the map. You want easy loot? Play Sanhok and be done with it.

You want a challenge? Play Erangel and learn to deal with the occasion when RNG gives you shit loot.

stop crying 🙄

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, fobyac said:

Ok fuck off.

lvl 3 helmets have not been available outside of a loot drop in an age. This alone makes your post irrelevant.

You want a challenge? Play Erangel and learn to deal with the occasion when RNG gives you shit loot.

stop crying 🙄

Exactly. Love the current loot on both the big maps. Will play them over Sanhok any day.

I think there is some rose tinted glasses going on here ..

I mean there HAS been a loot nerf imo.  Military used to be chock full of snipers and scopes and lvl 3 gear.  ther eis much less now.

But I can remember a video of Shroud hitting school way back in early access where his comment was something along the lines of.

"aah school, he who finds the AR, wins!"

So I am not sure tthat School ever had great loot.  I certainly remember hitting school a fair bit when I was trying to learn combat and having an UZI was pretty common.

But I agree thast overall they have tweaked the loot in such a way as its harder to know where you can find the "good" loot.

They have done the same on mirimar, the "level 3" or "god" buildings are no longer a cert for anything good.

I find the loot on Sanhok the most frustrating, particularly in solos.  sure there is a lot of loot. but I find so often that you land in a 6 or 7 building compound,  and 2 or 3 buildings have no weapon, only "stuff" if you land in those 2 buildings you know that your enemy has everything they could possibly want already and you have nothing and generally its not easy to escape from those places.  I find that those 50 odd players that die in the first minute or 2 tend to be armed vs unarmed kills, which makes the game quite boring.

overall though I agree with the sentiment that erangel could do with a slight loot buff.  But I still find it one of the most enjoyable maps even with its current loot.

It doesn't matter if you "love it the way it is".   Does this make you incapable of discussing ways to make it even better?

That level 3 helmets don't world spawn in Ernagel doesn't make my comment irrelevant either lol.  Is there some consensus that says it's better that way than when they did spawn?   

We both have opinions and mine is that Erangel loot table is boring.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MDK2000 said:

Exactly. Love the current loot on both the big maps. Will play them over Sanhok any day.

Erangel has significantly less loot than Miramar.

I hope they increase and make it like Miramar. Otherwise it would be a waste.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fobyac said:

Ok fuck off.

stop crying 🙄

Uhm.. first of all, lately i had atleast decent loot on Erangel for example... so i shouldn't complain really ... maby

But i also had maby 3-4 games in a row with pretty shitty loot.

And yeah sure i can accept it, it's random, it's BR... thats how it is and should be... kind of.

But what i always fail to undestand is, will the map become boring to people like you if there was a small increase of the better loot?

How can it become so bad?

People "like you" often tend to overreact as soon as anyone bring this up and insinuate that we want to be fully geared in one house, or even in the parachute.

What i mean is i think it would be ok if you knew Prison/Shelter/School/Hostpital/Militarybase/Polyana/Primorsk had decent loot most of the times.

Not always, but right now it feels more like it's more often you can't find a 4x on thoose places.

Would that really hurt the gaming experience for you on that map?

It's still BR, it's still the exact same for everyone... 

I can loot the whole Prison all by my own and if im lucky i get out of there with a 3x, if im lucky, and i hate the 3x personally....

Then i also had rounds where i found 2 6x scopes and one 8x scope only in primorsk.

But most of the rounds i have to struggle...

Edited by sgt_gh0st

13 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Uhm.. first of all, lately i had atleast decent loot on Erangel for example... so i shouldn't complain really ... maby

But i also had maby 3-4 games in a row with pretty shitty loot.

And yeah sure i can accept it, it's random, it's BR... thats how it is and should be... kind of.

But what i always fail to undestand is, will the map become boring to people like you if there was a small increase of the better loot?

How can it become so bad?

People "like you" often tend to overreact as soon as anyone bring this up and insinuate that we want to be fully geared in one house, or even in the parachute.

What i mean is i think it would be ok if you knew Prison/Shelter/School/Hostpital/Militarybase/Polyana/Primorsk had decent loot most of the times.

Not always, but right now it feels more like it's more often you can't find a 4x on thoose places.

Would that really hurt the gaming experience for you on that map?

It's still BR, it's still the exact same for everyone... 

I can loot the whole Prison all by my own and if im lucky i get out of there with a 3x, if im lucky, and i hate the 3x personally....

Then i also had rounds where i found 2 6x scopes and one 8x scope only in primorsk.

But most of the rounds i have to struggle...

I agree with this.  A complex of 6 houses should have, IN MY OPINION:

2 ARs

1 SR/DMR

1 LMG or VSS

4 SMG/pistols

2 Lev-2 vest & helmet

3 lev-1 

4 backpacks 

1 'good' scope

2 low scopes

2 sights

clips/grips for the above 

2 med kits

4 bandages

4 drinks/pills

a little low for a team of 4, but more than enough for a solo...allowing the occasional (gasp) choice!

I sometimes find this on erangel...but not often, and in a lot of games I find less than half of this.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Freeze339 said:

Erangel has significantly less loot than Miramar.

I hope they increase and make it like Miramar. Otherwise it would be a waste.

Then you must suck at looting. I have no issues finding loot on both maps.

5 hours ago, my_cholula said:

Then you must suck at looting. I have no issues finding loot on both maps.

Oh you decide I'm suck wow. 

1. I'm playing squads only. Sharing the loot decrease your luck at good loot.

2. you can find good loot generally on big cities, but sometimes even northern side of Geogepol won't giving you proper weapons or healing item. Generally your loot lacking on something that forcing you to kill some people for having good loot.

3. if the first circle is away from you, you gotto create a looting path to get in the circle. That works perfectly for Miramar because there are separate buildings, hangars, god buildings etc are all over the map that you can loot while you are moving in circle. On the other hand you cannot do that in Erangel. Almost everywhere open area that you can find grass and trees but nothing more.

4. In the cities of Miramar there are some buildings that guarantees to giving a good loot, such as boxing arena etc. Almost every urban area and unique location have a higher possibility to giving good loot in Miramar. Even if you fight you can still have good no matter how wasted your healing items and bullets in fight. 

In Erangel most of the places are unreliable, sometimes you've get M16A4 and a skorpion in 9 apartment buildings in Erangel.. Ferry Pier, Prison, Shelter, Farm, Gatka etc. You've get mostly nothing in these places even they have named. Only Georgepol, Yasnaya, Novo, Military and Primorsk are reliable places. Even you don't get anything in Pochinki, Severny, Rozhok etc. sometimes. They are unreliable , sometimes you get good loot sometimes not, also those places are crowded. When you own the city by defeating enemy teams, in fighting stage you've lost most of your healing items and armors and go back to the early looting stage as the loot.

Maybe I'm not a good player as shooting but I'm way better than most of players as looting. If I'm having bad loot you've get nothing on my looting path. Because I collect mostly everything for reducing the risk of decking, also prepared for every scenario about looting. Planning what to drop, what to take, what is the best option etc. I optimised the situation that I'm in without wasting any time and I'm creating perfect looting paths generally. Because optimising and creating route is my job. I'm working one of the biggest 3rd party logistic companies after all.

9 hours ago, fobyac said:

Ok fuck off.

stop crying 🙄

So you are saying Erengal is only a challenge more recently? It wasn't challenging in EA or prior to Sahnok being released? I think @DeadlyEggXoP is partially right about rose colored glasses to some degree but the map has definitely seen a significant nerf to the loot since EA or even release. School loot was always just "soso" but it was central on the map and became a hotdrop probably for it's central location. Many other locations definitely are much worse like Nova/Georgo crates, Mil Base, Pochinki (worst risk vs reward spot in the game probably) and other more "populated" type areas where you used to be able to reliably find stuff.

For the players who love the old maps and are tired of Sahnok..it wouldn't kill you to support a modest loot upgrade (or just revert to the previous loot distribution method) to the older maps and it just might boost the popularity of the maps you like which will get them back into more regular rotations. I personally like all the maps and always use QJ but I like QJ because I want *all* the maps..not Sahnok every time. A modest loot improvement could do wonders to the current map selection problems. You want players who "prefer" Sahnok to be open to the other maps maybe think of the big picture and be open to some adjustments that will help them to be open to that?

• Like 1

I d0ont mind them buffing loot a touch, but I think that sanhok people will still want to play sanhok and will complain that the mid game is dead or they have to run too far or something.  

Maybe they should totally change the way match making works and instead of making you select maps, it makes you order them in preference and then tries to accommodate this order and because now everyone has ALL maps in their selection the server can decide which map the x number of queuing players ( in a single queue ) want.

So everyone has to take their least fave map occasionally but if you had it recently it wont place you on a server running it you will just wait for the next one ?

I don't know the entire system seems to be held together with sticky tape and the slightest alteration breaks it in some area or other.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, jonboiwaltune said:

Did he kill your father?

:D nope. That was an auto-co-wrong. Was supposed to 'Oh f*** o**' not OK. I meant it as in ffs, not as it comes across which is needlessly aggressive.

Still, the 5 point warning might make me spell check before posting! Then again my phone is rather small and my eyes are getting old so no guarantees O.o

16 hours ago, TG_L3GACY said:

It doesn't matter if you "love it the way it is".   Does this make you incapable of discussing ways to make it even better?

That level 3 helmets don't world spawn in Ernagel doesn't make my comment irrelevant either lol.  Is there some consensus that says it's better that way than when they did spawn?   

We both have opinions and mine is that Erangel loot table is boring.  

Seriosly though, no, it doesn't make me incapable of discussing ways to make it even better. When the only suggestion people come up with is to make the loot better and then cite Sanhok as an example it has a tendency to press my buttons. 

If if it were the first thread with this argument that would be one thing but it's not. I mean it's not even as if any effort has been made to add to an existing thread it,s just another in a long line of blah.

If you were to use the search function, or recall the posts around the time they took out the lvl 3 spawn from Erangel, (well, all the maps at the time), you wouldn't need to ask if there was a consensus about it being a good thing.

Yes there was an upset with people complaining about it when it first happened but it settled rather fast. Actually, just look to the complaints about Vikendi having it reinstated. There are more against than for.

8 hours ago, Sidartha said:

So you are saying Erengal is only a challenge more recently? It wasn't challenging in EA or prior to Sahnok being released?

Nope. I'll clarify. I meant Erangel I find more challenging than Sanhok as the loot table on Sanhok means it's a very rare game when I don't have a decent load out from my initial drop or at worst the next compound. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Sanhok - all the maps actually - but I don't want the same experience on each map. Eg: Erangel the other night, the first drop I ended up with a pistol and a Xbow. Had a shootout with someone carrying an AKM. Ended up peeking and dodging round trees until I got him with a headshot. Went to loot and saw I'd hit him in the arms and legs about 3 times prior to that (he must have had meds galore!). Of course I got 3rd partied as I looted but it was still a great round. The fight was intense and coming out on top of that encounter when I had sub par weapons was a blast. 

Wouldn't happen on Sanhok, we'd both have AR's, likely level 2 armour and the encounter would be over in a few seconds.

the map has definitely seen a significant nerf to the loot since EA or even release

Potato, potahto; nerf, change. Changes were always to be expected through out EA, for the most part it's been decent I think.

Many other locations definitely are much worse like Nova/Georgo crates, Mil Base, Pochinki (worst risk vs reward spot in the game probably) and other more "populated" type areas where you used to be able to reliably find stuff.

That is what I mean by learn the map. Originally we had to work out the high loot spots. It gets moved for whatever reason, whether it was to encourage a lower concentration of players in one area for performance or A N Other reason. Same result, learn the map.

For the players who love the old maps and are tired of Sahnok..it wouldn't kill you to support a modest loot upgrade (or just revert to the previous loot distribution method) to the older maps and it just might boost the popularity of the maps you like which will get them back into more regular rotations. I personally like all the maps and always use QJ but I like QJ because I want *all* the maps..not Sahnok every time. A modest loot improvement could do wonders to the current map selection problems. You want players who "prefer" Sahnok to be open to the other maps maybe think of the big picture and be open to some adjustments that will help them to be open to that?

It wouldn't kill me if you could convince me that the loot is the issue. From discussions across other topics that the mods/Dev's have also contributed, the issue appears to be the map selection and QJ mechanic and not the loot.

QJ isn't broken, just that map selection has resulted in exactly what the mods/Dev's warned in that the isn't a good spread of all the maps. You want to think of the big picture? Stop using quick join and encourage others to select the other maps as well. More people queuing in the individual maps would likely result in more variation in maps with QJ as all that does is backfill waiting queues. 

Anyone who still thinks that using QJ will give them a good chance of each map has their head in the sand. 

Another thing that needs to be accounted for is what mode you're playing. I play 90% solo and I have no issue with loot on any map. Squads it could well be different as you have 4 people looting the same area. In solo's that would mean a firefight and one player gets all of it at the end.

Edited by fobyac
Additional info re game mode

For me it's not the loot, it the inconsistency of loot.  Plenty of times I find level 2 gear and a choice of rifles in just a few houses.

At other times I comb through house after house and find, as you had, crossbows and pistols, and most clips are just pistol clips.  I might enjoy killing someone better armed with only a crossbow...but I've never been able to do it. It's just not that fun for me to die all the time.

My usual plan in those cases is to ambush someone and take their gear.  Often that occurs so late in the game there is little time left to gear up before the final circle, or me and my pistol get shot long before i get to a camping spot.

I like the idea of winning with what you find...i really do.  I'm just not good enough to go up against a rifle with a pistol, or iron sights against a scope, so those games have little value for me.  15 minutes of shopping, then an auto loose are not fun.

Which is too bad because I like Erangel more than any other map.

• Like 1

Don't make the baby Jesus cry... And he will cry if you mess with the existing loot table for Miramar and Erangel !!!

Leave it as it is, those who are lets say "challenged" on the patience and tactical side can continue to play the "Mini Royale" maps Sanhok and Vikendi...

I think the loot is fine.

You up the loot you totally change the gameplay. More camping, fewer people moving around mid-game cause everyone is totally looted up.

As it stands now I have to loot a bunch mid-game to get my proper load out - that leads to alot of strategic decisions which makes the game tough/fun. More fights with people with equally weak load outs looking for loot.

I swear kids want everything handed to them on a silver platter these days. (I guess at 40 I'm a grumpy old man now).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, fobyac said:

Potato, potahto; nerf, change. Changes were always to be expected through out EA, for the most part it's been decent I think.

That is what I mean by learn the map. Originally we had to work out the high loot spots. It gets moved for whatever reason, whether it was to encourage a lower concentration of players in one area for performance or A N Other reason. Same result, learn the map.

Except that you really can't "learn" the map the way it is now. I honestly don't think the amount of loot changed on Erengal (or didn't change much) but rather the loot distribution method. There used to be more of a risk vs. reward type of loot distribution. The more likely the place will have players the more loot you would find. The more secluded the place the less likely. This to me made sense (and I'm not a hot drop type player). I think they changed the loot distribution to be completely random (like it is on Vikendi) in a failed attempt to curb hot dropping and encourage players to spread out more so the mid-game wouldn't be dead.

So your premise of just "learn the map" is false IMO and it's the reason why I think they need to revert the loot back to the way it was. At least before you knew that you could stay safer by staying away from populated areas but the trade-off was less loot. Conversely, you can drop at a more risky spot and get better loot but you might die from other players. You could also drop in a safer spot and find a vehicle and drive to a populated area away from the plane path to get more loot *and* be safer but you give up valuable circle time getting there and risk being attacked in the car without weapons. Everything felt balanced to me then but  now it's just a random crap shoot which feels bad IMO.

7 hours ago, fobyac said:

It wouldn't kill me if you could convince me that the loot is the issue. From discussions across other topics that the mods/Dev's have also contributed, the issue appears to be the map selection and QJ mechanic and not the loot.

QJ isn't broken, just that map selection has resulted in exactly what the mods/Dev's warned in that the isn't a good spread of all the maps. You want to think of the big picture? Stop using quick join and encourage others to select the other maps as well. More people queuing in the individual maps would likely result in more variation in maps with QJ as all that does is backfill waiting queues. 

Anyone who still thinks that using QJ will give them a good chance of each map has their head in the sand. 

It's not an either or proposition IMO. They can improve the loot by putting it back the way it used to be (you know when PUBG was the most popular and had the most players) and they can also improve/fix map selection. I think there are some inherent problems with how map selection is set up currently and they have been discussed ad-nauseam.

The fact that you can only select one map potentially creates an inflated "popularity" of a single map when it might be more balanced if people could just deselect a map or choose multiple maps. The match time of Sahnok being shorter could be contributing to this as well..not to mention the fact that so many players die so fast in Sahnok that means QJ is constantly being refreshed with Sahnok players which probably further inflates the popularity of the map. Then add in the self-fulfilling nature of people not wanting or being able to wait around for a map that has an unknown start time so they just use QJ which feeds Sahnok which further ruins the start time of the other maps in a vicious cycle that keeps promoting the same map over and over.

There is no reason they can't adjust/tinker with the map selection system to make it better while also putting the loot of Erengal back to the way it was.

Edited by Sidartha

The other night in duos we dropped Milbase on Erangle. We were surprised we were the only ones there (we hadn't dropped there in a long time.) Definitely a change in loot on that map. Makes for a better challenge . I am sick and tired of Sanhok. Need better map rotation in quick join.