Jump to content
Onepost1

Will xbox pubg survive ?

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, oof46 said:

BC2 and Bf3 were SO much fun. I still love the ones that have followed, but they’re missing that little something that those two titles have.

 

Have never been able to put my finger on what made those games special (especially BC2) compared with the newer ones, but feel the same way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, oof46 said:

BC2 and Bf3 were SO much fun. I still love the ones that have followed, but they’re missing that little something that those two titles have.

Yea loved the bad company games they’re what got me into battlefield, 3 was amazing and 4 was cool but too similar to 3 so didn’t feel new. I’m hoping they go back to modern next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

I’m hoping they go back to modern next.

This is why I opted out of BFV.  I was tired of the WW’s era after BF1 and hoped they went back to modern day. However, I have to say Firestorm does have me a little excited so i’ll probably check it out with my trial time left. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 horas atrás, Onepost1 disse:

Just saw the trailer for bf5’s battle royale and it looks like it plays just like PUBG, but everything works.

 

will the player base on pubg see another big loss just like when apex came out and will there be enough people playing to keep it around?

 

Already struggling to get a full lobby for sanhok or Miramar as it is...

 I bought the BF5 today. And all of my squad. I'm going back to the world of 60fps!😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Michael Seaman said:

This is why I opted out of BFV.  I was tired of the WW’s era after BF1 and hoped they went back to modern day. However, I have to say Firestorm does have me a little excited so i’ll probably check it out with my trial time left. 

Yea I was the same, enjoyed BF1 but was over it after a month not like 3 and 4, I also only got the 10hr trial of V, If firestorm is good I’ll consider picking it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

RDR BR mode is trash

Got RDR2 but never played BR and TBH didn’t know it was added, last time I played online mode was still in beta 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Noobfriendly1968 said:

BFV better have TPP!

 

TPP is what's gonna kill off PUBG.

TPP is best. I never liked FPP looks kidish and easy.

  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

Yea I was the same, enjoyed BF1 but was over it after a month not like 3 and 4, I also only got the 10hr trial of V, If firestorm is good I’ll consider picking it up.

 

Pretty sure you can get a copy for 30 bucks now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just bought BF5 (saw a great deal) in preparation for Firestorm. I honestly believe I won't like the gunplay and will be back to Pubg but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel other big titles do have an advantage at times. BF and COD started out as TDM etc and since added BR modes...

 

Campaigns, conquest, rush, zombie mode all add up to to a greater variety of gameplay... I'm not a fan of COD anymore, but you can literally smash some TDM before your mates get on, play some BR maybe some zombies with great fluidity and ease... 

 

Sure we've got custom games, but it just doesn't feel as polished on console... I think pubg will survive, but slowly fade out over time due to a lack of... Well something? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time a new BR comes out there's a new thread asking if we think PUBG will die or telling us that it will. At the end of the day, PUBG will remain at the top of the BR world - the fact that it has remained so, even with it's issues, tells you about all you need to know. The only real problems right now, in my opinion, are the rendering for the first 10 seconds of every match & the fluidity of player movement given the WASD directional port (I know this has been improved on a bit). On a side note, I just watched the trailer or whatever that was up top for Firestorm - if a game looks poor in a trailer I can't imagine it being all it's hyped up to be in regards to competing with PUBG.

 

One game to look out for in the future, as far as realistic shooters is concerned, would be Insurgent: Sandstorm - this is likely a game that I will tap into - but PUBG will remain my most played game for a long time to come.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While other BRs are improving pubg is still pubg (on consoles). So if they didnt start by improving and hit 60 fps it will die eventually 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firestorm has no solo, there team objectives to secure better loot at fixed locations. Gameplay seems heavily weighted to vehicles and like previously said its fpp. Firestorm will not be kill this game. 

 

Pubg is the purist for of heroin, blackout apex and firestorm are methadone, most ppl have beem able to get themselves off the gear...... the rest of us here are complete addicts hoping and praying the next hit will feel as good as the first was. Cold turk.....chicken* anyone???

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DB0VIN said:

Got RDR2 but never played BR and TBH didn’t know it was added, last time I played online mode was still in beta 

Think its called last man standing same concept

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that PUBG on xbox has dropped to the 16th most currently played game after topping out at #2 shortly after release (behind Fortnite).  It is now behind Ark and Anthem.   So yes it is dying, just not sure if it has been shot in the chest 5 times and is bleeding out or if it has taken a bullet to the head.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Rek It Beckett said:

  It is now behind Ark and Anthem.   So yes it is dying, just not sure if it has been shot in the chest 5 times and is bleeding out or if it has taken a bullet to the head.

 

 

Ark and Anthem are trash games to me so dam why am I still playing PUBG  then?

 

Edited by BlazedInThe253

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rek It Beckett said:

Note that PUBG on xbox has dropped to the 16th most currently played game after topping out at #2 shortly after release (behind Fortnite).  It is now behind Ark and Anthem.   So yes it is dying, just not sure if it has been shot in the chest 5 times and is bleeding out or if it has taken a bullet to the head.

Where do you find this information? And yes PUBG had lost a lot of it's player base on console why, not because it's not fun anymore! Because they refuse to give the console version the time and effort it needs, they keep their focus on pc where the game runs a lot smoother and doesn't exactly need the attention that the console versions need! Wipe what you have and re-code it for console, I'm not saying that they need to remake the entire game over again but make the game coded for a console and not just a pc ported copy and paste! Like other games do, apex, battlefield and most other games on pc and console. That's why I get so frustrated with the " the dev team is currently working really hard on fixing this" post because I don't think so, we get/have the same exact issues that the pc version had a month ago, why? Because it's the same exact code just dumbed down from a copy and paste!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaZooKidd said:

we get/have the same exact issues that the pc version had a month ago,

 

 

yea I have always wondered why they know its broke but still send it to us. Other games do this as well I played Elder Scrolls Online and they do the same shit make pc changes that dont work right fix em but let the same broke shit hit counsel several months later. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaZooKidd said:

Where do you find this information? And yes PUBG had lost a lot of it's player base on console why, not because it's not fun anymore! Because they refuse to give the console version the time and effort it needs, they keep their focus on pc where the game runs a lot smoother and doesn't exactly need the attention that the console versions need! Wipe what you have and re-code it for console, I'm not saying that they need to remake the entire game over again but make the game coded for a console and not just a pc ported copy and paste! Like other games do, apex, battlefield and most other games on pc and console. That's why I get so frustrated with the " the dev team is currently working really hard on fixing this" post because I don't think so, we get/have the same exact issues that the pc version had a month ago, why? Because it's the same exact code just dumbed down from a copy and paste!

 

Dude you are preaching to the choir.  Its like one guy with a bucket of water trying to put out a house fire, he is working really hard to fix it but he doesn't have the support needed to put it out.  It'll never happen.

 

The info is right from the microsoft store.  

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

 

 

Ark and Anthem are trash games to me so dam why am I still playing PUBG  then?

 

 

A. This post wasn't about what games you like, I could care less.  

 

B. If people don't keep playing at a high level thus buying skins and passes, the devs run out of money to make the changes and hire the help they need to get the game to an acceptable level.   

 

C. That's why that "most played" stat matters.  Go check out Call of Duty 3, let me know how much they have updated in the past year.  That's what happens when you drop that far down the list. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 12:10 PM, magicmittsmase said:

Every time a new BR comes out there's a new thread asking if we think PUBG will die or telling us that it will. At the end of the day, PUBG will remain at the top of the BR world - the fact that it has remained so, even with it's issues, tells you about all you need to know. The only real problems right now, in my opinion, are the rendering for the first 10 seconds of every match & the fluidity of player movement given the WASD directional port (I know this has been improved on a bit). On a side note, I just watched the trailer or whatever that was up top for Firestorm - if a game looks poor in a trailer I can't imagine it being all it's hyped up to be in regards to competing with PUBG.

 

One game to look out for in the future, as far as realistic shooters is concerned, would be Insurgent: Sandstorm - this is likely a game that I will tap into - but PUBG will remain my most played game for a long time to come.

 

How do you define "on top of the BR world".  There are 4 other Battle Royale games right now on xbox being played more than PUBG.    Fortnite, Apex, COD Black Ops, and Anthem.  

 

And that's a fact, not an opinion.  Check out the microsoft store and sort it by most played.

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...