Onepost1

Will xbox pubg survive ?

Just saw the trailer for bf5’s battle royale and it looks like it plays just like PUBG, but everything works.

will the player base on pubg see another big loss just like when apex came out and will there be enough people playing to keep it around?

Already struggling to get a full lobby for sanhok or Miramar as it is...

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Onepost1 said:

Just saw the trailer for bf5’s battle royale and it looks like it plays just like PUBG, but everything works.

will the player base on pubg see another big loss just like when apex came out and will there be enough people playing to keep it around?

Until a TPP comes out PUBG will hang on for dear life, not everyone lives FPP.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Onepost1 said:

Take it from a fan of the Bf franchise: Play it first before you say “everything works”.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Onepost1 said:

From what I’ve seen the gun load outs are nothing like PUBG it’s more similar to fortnite/apex with different colours meaning better attachments: common, rare and epic.

I’m still keen to try it though think I’ve still got about 6hrs left on my trial. 26th March ain’t it?

Edited by Black Dahlia NZ

5 minutes ago, oof46 said:

Take it from a fan of the Bf franchise: Play it first before you say “everything works”.

definitely runs better cant argue that one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Onepost1 said:

IMO I think it’ll survive.

pubg has been up against all the previous games with BR/BR mode: cod, apex legends, (rumours of RDR2 with BR) might lose some playerbase, but won’t be the death of PUBG.

• Like 1

I think pubg has enough die hard fans to continue, but as said above, it will lose another chunk of its player base to another new br game..

Going forward I think it'll struggle to attract new players tho, as the learning curve for this game is pretty damn steep, and the ones that will keep playing are the ones who've been playing for a long time, generally, so they'll struggle more than they would with other, more accessible games..

15 hours ago, DB0VIN said:

IMO I think it’ll survive.

pubg has been up against all the previous games with BR/BR mode: cod, apex legends, (rumours of RDR2 with BR) might lose some playerbase, but won’t be the death of PUBG.

RDR BR mode is trash

15 hours ago, Migwar said:

I think pubg has enough die hard fans to continue, but as said above, it will lose another chunk of its player base to another new br game..

Going forward I think it'll struggle to attract new players tho, as the learning curve for this game is pretty damn steep, and the ones that will keep playing are the ones who've been playing for a long time, generally, so they'll struggle more than they would with other, more accessible games..

got some friends that are pretty good a shooters they tried PUBG and havent been back there is a learning curve and you need to be patient

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oof46 said:

60fps is always better than 25.

Just found this. If pubg would run 60fps (that was the plan) I'd be definitely playing it and nothing else. Performance issues are the biggest turnover.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The question is a somewhat valid one - the reasoning isn't.

Sure, I haven't yet played Firestorm (nor have I seen actual gameplay from it), but aren't y'all tired with making the same argument over and over again? Fortnite didn't kill pubg, Blackout did not kill pubg, Apex didn't kill pubg...

The devs are killing pubg, but that doesn't really have anything to do with other games.

Just look at the general attitude of people in here - even those of us who are disillusioned are willing to come back time and time again to see if anything is improved, at least a bit... We would not do that with any other BR. It is ridiculous that we are doing it here, but we're still doing it.

Edited by fSucee
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

definitely runs better cant argue that one.

Firestorm? We haven’t even seen live gameplay.

19 minutes ago, nikooor said:

60fps is always better than 25.

Just found this. If pubg would run 60fps (that was the plan) I'd be definitely playing it and nothing else. Performance issues are the biggest turnover.

Bf games always have issues at launch, whether it be performance or bugs. I’m hoping Firestorm is a smooth experience from day 1.

14 minutes ago, oof46 said:

Bf games always have issues at launch, whether it be performance or bugs. I’m hoping Firestorm is a smooth experience from day 1.

just BF in general runs better. Of course I have no idea how firestorm will work on day 1 but figure they would have it running smoother after one year more than pubg has it going now

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fSucee said:

Sure, I haven't yet played Firestorm (nor have I seen actual gameplay from it)

15 minutes ago, oof46 said:

Bit of footage in here.

16 minutes ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

Bit of footage in here.

Seen it already, but that’s bits and pieces. Hopefully the embargo is lifted soon so the game changers can upload their gameplay vids and impressions.

21 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

just BF in general runs better. Of course I have no idea how firestorm will work on day 1 but figure they would have it running smoother after one year more than pubg has it going now

Hopefully it doesn’t have as many growing pains as Blackout did when it launched.

5 minutes ago, oof46 said:

Hopefully it doesn’t have as many growing pains as Blackout did when it launched.

Didnt like black out wasnt a fan of the grapple hook but it ran well in beta 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Didnt like black out

Me three.

11 minutes ago, oof46 said:

Seen it already, but that’s bits and pieces. Hopefully the embargo is lifted soon so the game changers can upload their gameplay vids and impressions.

I think next week is the gameplay trailer and JackFrags said he’s already been playing it and will upload his footage next week.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fSucee said:

The question is a somewhat valid one - the reasoning isn't.

Sure, I haven't yet played Firestorm (nor have I seen actual gameplay from it), but aren't y'all tired with making the same argument over and over again? Fortnite didn't kill pubg, Blackout did not kill pubg, Apex didn't kill pubg...

The devs are killing pubg, but that doesn't really have anything to do with other games.

Just look at the general attitude of people in here - even those of us who are disillusioned are willing to come back time and time again to see if anything is improved, at least a bit... We would not do that with any other BR. It is ridiculous that we are doing it here, but we're still doing it.

The way I see it is each of these games are figurative bullets into the player base of pubg...eventually one of them will lay the finishing blow (tpp)

...and if we want to keep playing pubg, then the developers at bluehole need to take action and protect their game

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

I think next week is the gameplay trailer and JackFrags said he’s already been playing it and will upload his footage next week.

I’m excited. Of the people I play with, just about all of them still main PUBG, with a few who moved on to Blackout and Apex as their BR, but all have been curious about Firestorm and keep asking me for updates.

Edited by oof46
  • Like 1

I hope enough people leave xbox pubg for firestorm that it forces them to properly optimize it faster than they are right now. And hopefully they put playstation players in the pool like they did with fortnight.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, oof46 said:

I’m excited. Of the people I play with, just about all of them still main PUBG, with a few who moved on to Blackout and Apex as their BR, but all have been curious about Firestorm and keep asking me for updates.

I usually only play duos because most have moved on, they come back every few weeks and we suck as a squad lol. Got 1 on Apex the other just stops playing for weeks at a time, but we were all massive Battlefield fans back in the 3 and 4 days.

6 minutes ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

I usually only play duos because most have moved on, they come back every few weeks and we suck as a squad lol. Got 1 on Apex the other just stops playing for weeks at a time, but we were all massive Battlefield fans back in the 3 and 4 days.

BC2 and Bf3 were SO much fun. I still love the ones that have followed, but they’re missing that little something that those two titles have.