Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GingerP1ston

Frags - too OP?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

You got to have expected it would of been removed I wasn't surprised to see it removed 

 

We dont own the forum so we cant just post and say whatever we want I mean we can post it but they dont have to leave it on there dont  be to upset about it; I seen they addressed it further for you 

 

 

 

I think you meant to quote @Balloonknot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GingerP1ston said:

I assuming here that most of us would like to win this game because of gunplay - either being more accurate, or having better strats. Certainly that’s what I want out of it anyway. I’m getting increasingly frustrated with the number of deaths I’m getting from grenades at the moment. It’s ridiculous - all an opponent has to do is get a bullet on me and then throw a frag in my half of the map and I’m dead. 

 

So I think frags should either be less powerful, have less of a blast radius, be far rarer, or each player can only carry one at a time (or a combination of any of those). 

 

What do we think?

I disagree with this because frags are the only things keeping campers on their toes. They prevent people from sitting in the same place where you can't shoot them. Could you imagine how stale the fighting would be if you and an opponent, both TPP, sitting behind trees and trading shots for like 5 minutes straight? What about the dudes who spend the whole game sitting in the upper floor bedrooms of houses, silently waiting for you to run by?

 

Not to mention the fact that grenades take up a lot of space in bags as it is! even with a lvl3 bag, 5-6 First aids, 4-6 Boosters, 150-200 rounds of ammo between 2 guns and all I can carry is MAYBE 2 frags and 1 smoke.

 

There is nothing wrong with frags in the game except their trajectory pre-update. IMO frags should be left alone because they're fine the way they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see them make gas cans shootable/explodable.  I'd lay one by a car....camp the car and then shoot it when someone gets in the car......BOOM!!!!!  But then I'm also the guy who shoots out car tires as I drive by cars not in use...and camp the drivers side of others so I can kill the driver and leave the other guys as fodder!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

I disagree with this because frags are the only things keeping campers on their toes. They prevent people from sitting in the same place where you can't shoot them. Could you imagine how stale the fighting would be if you and an opponent, both TPP, sitting behind trees and trading shots for like 5 minutes straight? What about the dudes who spend the whole game sitting in the upper floor bedrooms of houses, silently waiting for you to run by?

 

Not to mention the fact that grenades take up a lot of space in bags as it is! even with a lvl3 bag, 5-6 First aids, 4-6 Boosters, 150-200 rounds of ammo between 2 guns and all I can carry is MAYBE 2 frags and 1 smoke.

 

There is nothing wrong with frags in the game except their trajectory pre-update. IMO frags should be left alone because they're fine the way they are.

I hate this and if I have no throwables I am usually the one the gets inpatient and gives up my position and rushes the other player only to get peeked on  and smashed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jam062307 said:

I'd like to see them make gas cans shootable/explodable.  I'd lay one by a car....camp the car and then shoot it when someone gets in the car......BOOM!!!!!  But then I'm also the guy who shoots out car tires as I drive by cars not in use...and camp the drivers side of others so I can kill the driver and leave the other guys as fodder!!!

 

Gas cans don't explode when you shoot them... wouldn't make much sense to add that into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

 

Gas cans don't explode when you shoot them... wouldn't make much sense to add that into the game.

Damn, you're right...damn movies and TV shows.....  Then bring on the C4....I want to lay traps!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jam062307 said:

Damn, you're right...damn movies and TV shows.....  Then bring on the C4....I want to lay traps!!!!!

 

I think if you shot a metal gas can you have the potential to cause an explosion there is all the factors in place for it but it would depend on where you shot it. It wouldn't be combustible if your bullet entered the liquid section probably more likely to cause a fire or explosion if your bullet entered the fume section and caused a spark but unlikely.

 

Air, fuel, spark= Fire

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

 

Gas cans don't explode when you shoot them... wouldn't make much sense to add that into the game.

Buggys don't explode into flames when they land on their roof, but they added that!! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

I hate this and if I have no throwables I am usually the one the gets inpatient and gives up my position and rushes the other player only to get peeked on  and smashed.

 

 

same. I often get really anxious to move unless I really really tell myself to slow down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BadBatch5040 said:

What was the question...Right, are frags too op?   Could be. 

This guy...couldn't shoot him,  wouldn't drown,  so I fraged him.  I was confident I wouldn't be harmed.  haha....

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/badbatch5040/video/71050061

damn..that's bullshit right there...how could you have gotten damaged from that!  Whenever I throw a grenade it acts like i'm throwing a snowball!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If instead of crying you use them or maybe you dont know how to? You too can carry and throw frags. Is like crying when you get sniped with 1 shot. Im more angry cuz i buy an external ssd from samsung that cost $150 dlls. So my game load faster and as soon as i land everything is loaded, but the guy on the house aside me  he cross the walls as a ghost take an m416 cross the walls from his house to mine and kill me unarmed. Thats really bullshit if a guy kill me with a frag is cuz i stay on a dangerous spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind limiting how many you can carry like other shooters do with you usually carrying one but would like at least 2-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take the win be it from guns or 'splosions. Makes no difference to me.

 

On topic, I haven't noticed grenades being too powerful at all. I score the occasional kill from one, but am rarely killed by them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bulletmagnet said:

See - this guy gets it!

 

With a cheap tactical vest you can carry 4 frags on each chest strap, this combined with your pack = many.  If someone wants to be unable to heal or carry ammo , it's their choice.

 

This is a last man standing battle royale where you can survive by any means necessary,  which is great - it gives the underdogs who don't have the time to sit and play the game for hours every day a good chance of getting an occasional dinner.

 

Do these grenade kills happen so often it's worth waving your keyboard warriors standards around whilst burning an effigy of a giant frag?  I cannot say i remeber being killed much more than 2 times in the last couple of months by frags.

 

Having said this - Maybe mollys should be a bit heavier than they are now for realisms sake, because carrying 5 of those in a backpack would be nigh on impossible.

the idea of a tactical vest carrying grenades is a great source for a solution (assuming we have a problem).

 

If grenades are being spammed too often, then the idea would be that they have to be equipped to be thrown- regardless of how many you're carrying. This could be tied to the players current armor level. In the inventory you could have a 2x2 section where grenades are equipped (right now have 1 slot). These would be numbered for order and cycled through using the D-Pad. 

 

At most (level 3 vest) a player would be able to through 4 grenades without having to stop and equip additional throwables from the inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DudeNamedBen33 said:

It's peek, not peak. I cringe every time I see someone using the word peak when they mean peek.

 

7 hours ago, bulletmagnet said:

I noticed this, but i thought i had best not correct it after seeing how well the falla took my comment afterwards!

 

6 hours ago, DudeNamedBen33 said:

I'm just trying to let people know. Apparently the large majority of people think it's "peak" which doesn't even make sense when you think about it.

 

6 hours ago, bulletmagnet said:

Aye - although with some folk it's like showing my goldfish a card trick

 

5 hours ago, GingerP1ston said:

Wow, are you two actually having a self-congratulatory circle jerk over my spelling mistake?

 

 

This thread peaked right here^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DudeNamedBen33 said:

It's peek, not peak. I cringe every time I see someone using the word peak when they mean peek.

when you email text and blog spelling and grimmer are not that impotent if the reader guts the jest of it.

 

Intentional

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're fine as is. I've lost my fair share of dinners to frags and mollies. Love hate relationship with mollies, setting your self on fire in the final 2 sucks!    Its a good balance against people in buildings/cover and your vulnerability when throwing one too gun shots/ being rushed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spanker63 said:

 

Do you mean the one where you were going to create another account to actively go against the rules so you could see if bluehole is doing their job regarding team killing? Shocking.

 

No offense, but the idea was really stupid even before you stupidly admitted you were going to do it.

It actually wasnt against the rules.  That post followed the forum rules to a T.  The only part in the rules that the mods could flex on is the part that says "Its up to the Mods to determine if anything goes against the forum and their word is final".  So basically if they dont like your posts, they are free to delete as they think fits.  I came up with a way better way to do it without pissing anybody off.  I plan on playing with friends instead of randoms that way I know they report it, and have agreed to it..  I will come up with a test case.  I still plan to post the results whether it caters to them or not, obv it wont stay up long here unless I run the results by the mods first  but I will make sure it gets on social media of some form to share...  Its information that has never been shared and a 3rd party test is whats needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Balloonknot said:

It actually wasnt against the rules.  That post followed the forum rules to a T.  The only part in the rules that the mods could flex on is the part that says "Its up to the Mods to determine if anything goes against the forum and their word is final".  So basically if they dont like your posts, they are free to delete as they think fits.  I came up with a way better way to do it without pissing anybody off.  I plan on playing with friends instead of randoms that way I know they report it, and have agreed to it..  I will come up with a test case.  I still plan to post the results whether it caters to them or not, obv it wont stay up long here unless I run the results by the mods first  but I will make sure it gets on social media of some form to share...  Its information that has never been shared and a 3rd party test is whats needed.

 

I didn't say anything about forum rules. Team killing is considered cheating within the game. He gave you a reason why the post was deleted and apparently that means nothing. Regardless of your explanation on why... it was stupid. Own it and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

 

I didn't say anything about forum rules. Team killing is considered cheating within the game. He gave you a reason why the post was deleted and apparently that means nothing. Regardless of your explanation on why... it was stupid. Own it and move on.

and team killing still happens on a regular basis which means nothing is actually curbing it.  I saw it last night.  4 man random squad, 3 of us communicating, one was micless.  Micless guy melts one of the players and takes his stuff.  I didnt even notice it in the kill feed until the victim mentioned what happened to him later on.  25 people left in the circle and he mentions "by the way green smoked me in the beginning, becareful."  The green player was playing as a proper team member too, he was marking where he spotted players, working to pinch players but he team killed to get loot in the beginning.

I dont think reporting players and having someone review it is the best way.  It should be AUTOMATED.  You get team killed and the game gives you the victim the prompt to ban a player for a day, immediately as in he cant play out the rest of that game he killed and took your loot for.  It already gives you a prompt to tattle on him, why not kick him out of the game?  If hes a repeat offender, add in the other options of 3, 7, or 14 days depending on how many times he's done it.  This isnt my first video game where team killing can happen...  Counterstrike servers allowed players to ban repeat offenders and not go through moderators.

It isnt stupid.. stupid is ignoring a flawed system. edit: I say flawed, I should say a system that could use improvement and cut out man hours of people needing to review kill feeds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, Balloonknot said:

and team killing still happens on a regular basis which means nothing is actually curbing it.  I saw it last night.  4 man random squad, 3 of us communicating, one was micless.  Micless guy melts one of the players and takes his stuff.  I didnt even notice it in the kill feed until the victim mentioned what happened to him later on.  25 people left in the circle and he mentions "by the way green smoked me in the beginning, becareful."  The green player was playing as a proper team member too, he was marking where he spotted players, working to pinch players but he team killed to get loot in the beginning.

I dont think reporting players and having someone review it is the best way.  It should be AUTOMATED.  You get team killed and the game gives you the victim the prompt to ban a player for a day, immediately as in he cant play out the rest of that game he killed and took your loot for.  It already gives you a prompt to tattle on him, why not kick him out of the game?  If hes a repeat offender, add in the other options of 3, 7, or 14 days depending on how many times he's done it.  This isnt my first video game where team killing can happen...  Counterstrike servers allowed players to ban repeat offenders and not go through moderators.

It isnt stupid.. stupid is ignoring a flawed system. edit: I say flawed, I should say a system that could use improvement and cut out man hours of people needing to review kill feeds.  

 

I didn't say it wasn't a problem. It's just not your job to try and manage it. You said that you were going to cheat in the game to see if it was being handled properly. That isn't your place and is against the rules. Any way you want to spin it... that's the truth.

 

Is it really that hard just to play the game??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You assume wrong OP.  I think most people are happy just to win the game.  Dinner is dinner regardless how a person gets there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...