todaytomorrow

the reason why sanhok is the most "popular" map is because it's games takes 1/3 less time than the larger maps

Currently the way the quickjoin queue system works, it depends on the population of the individual map queues to determine what map the quickjoin queue players play. the individual map queues with the most players determines what map will be played.

sanhok games takes around 20 minutes while the larger maps takes around 30 minutes. the size of the map seems to directly correlate with their "popularity" or their individual map queue population.

because sanhok games are so short, many of the players for the map are already back on the single map queues before any of the players playing the other maps. this creates the impression that sanhok is more "popular" than it really is.

to make the quickjoin system fair, pubg corp should not be using a 1 to 1 correlation between the various individual map queues. there should be an equation to normalize the various individual map queues based on the average length of the game played on the maps. so miramar should benefit the most from this as the map is the largest and games played on it takes the longest. then erangal and so on. 

maybe have something like the following:

sanhok =- 30%

miramar = 0%

erangal = -10%

vikendi = -20%

the population of sanhok individual map queue will be reduced by 30% when comparing to the other maps. miramar individual map queue will not be reduced or affected. and so on.

the above numbers should be tweaked to correlate with actual average game time for each map.

doing the above will normalize the wait time for all the maps and will be based on the the map's ACTUAL POPULARITY. I bet people will determine that on average most people just play all the maps the same number of times.

• Like 1
  • RIP 2

It occurred to me that in order for any map queue to beat out the map with the shortest playing time, it would need at least a little more than double the players vs the smaller map. This is because the second a shorter map game ends, all of it's player gets back on possibly the single map queue for that small map.

so if let's say 100 players constantly plays sanhok all day. each time time the around 20 minute Sanhok game ends this 100 man group re-queues for sanhok again. for erangel to be the more popular map for most of the day, the erangel single map queue needs a little over 200 players. 100 of those player would be playing the around 30 minute map game while the rest of the 100+ would need to be waiting on the queue. This is because the sanhok group will be done with it's game in 2/3 of the time. At that point you need these 100+ erangel players to compete with the 100 sanhok players that got dumped back on the sanhok single map queue.

assuming only 100 players are queuing for sanhok on the individual sanhok map queue, during a 24 hour period, it will have 100 players available on it's queue 72 times. as you can play 72 twenty minute games during a 24 hour period.

for erangel to have 100 players queuing for erangel on the individual erangel map queue, during a 24 hour period, it will have 100 players available on it's queue only 48 times.

if you understand the above. you need to double the amount of players playing erangel to ever hope to become more popular than sanhok. EACH SANHOK GAME NEEDS 2 ERANGEL GAMES TO OFFSET THE SANOK GAMES AND HAVE SLIGHTLY MORE PLAYERS IN ORDER FOR ERENGAL TO BEAT OUT SANHOK. 

but the reality is that many people die early so this example is not taking everything into account. The other issue is that you can't have 100+ players constantly waiting on the erangel queue. they will most likely will get put into a game but if they are put into a game at the same time as the first 100 players on the erengel queue then you still have the same problem of snahok beating out the erangel queue as it's player will constantly be back on the sanhok queue during erangel games. you need to stagger the game start times of the erangel games.

On top of the solution I've provided above, another thing that can be done is that games for certain maps must be started at staggered times. never have all the erangel games start at the same time in the same region. same could be stated about the shortest gametime maps. starting all of the sanhok games at the same time could also be a big reason why sanhok is dominating because all these players are dumped back onto the sanhok single map queue at the same time.

TLDR: the shorter playing time map will always have a 100 player advantage over all other maps.

14 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

I play it for the loot.

I do to, however i tried Erangel and Miramar lately and i really enjoyed them, not because the loot was good all the time but i played the maps a lot erlier and it felt a little like coming home :)

I would still have to say loot is not as good as Sanhok but i had a few rounds where i couldn't complain on the loot too xD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgt_gh0st said:

I do to, however i tried Erangel and Miramar lately and i really enjoyed them, not because the loot was good all the time but i played the maps a lot erlier and it felt a little like coming home :)

I would still have to say loot is not as good as Sanhok but i had a few rounds where i couldn't complain on the loot too xD

They are both fun , but after 15 mins of looting i didn't find a scope ... At least 30 houses. 

I managed to kill one guy with KAR98+ red dot somehow at +100m , but that's it. 

It's kinda annoying .

• Like 1
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phizzzix said:

They are both fun , but after 15 mins of looting i didn't find a scope ... At least 30 houses. 

It's kinda annoying .

Yeah i agree 100% and that's why i stopped playing them, it's too bad if people choose not to play the other maps because it has their own character.

You get a lot more time for doing whatever you want to do

Theese pics are from 2 different erly Erangel rounds so i didn't have any DMR/SR yet

20190310181524_1.jpg

20190310205729_1.jpg

Edited by sgt_gh0st
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Yeah i agree 100% and that's why i stopped playing them, it's too bad if people choose not to play the other maps because it has their own character.

You get a lot more time for doing whatever you want to do

Theese pics are from 2 different erly Erangel rounds so i didn't have any DMR/SR yet

20190310181524_1.jpg

20190310205729_1.jpg

At least you found some scopes :))

I am happy if i get a M16 with a 3x most times . DMR is a dream come true :D , but only a dream in most cases. 

P.S I can hit with red dot also , but i am afraid of reports cuz last night i got reported 100% after that kill :)) 

• Haha 1

i think the reason for it being the most popular is because its more shooting, less strategy.

Erangel sometimes there is end circles where you have to play strategically in order to have a chance. And sometimes playing very well strategically is way more successful than being a good shooter but not strategic.

1 hour ago, r0eladn said:

i think the reason for it being the most popular is because its more shooting, less strategy.

Erangel sometimes there is end circles where you have to play strategically in order to have a chance. And sometimes playing very well strategically is way more successful than being a good shooter but not strategic.

I agree with this. I love the long game, strategic and tactical thinking needed to succeed. Sure, just hopping in a game and pew pewing with little thought is fun, and Apex is like that... but I love what PUBG brings to the table in the thought process aspect of the game. You're right that playing a well thought out game for a win does not always equate to lots of kills in the match. But I love being able to out think my opponent, the cat and mouse games that lead to success... or watching a player act like they know where you are all the while you're next to or behind them about to pop their noggin off.

The long games also create an intense suspense at the end. You've built up all this time and effort to get to this point. Are you going to win or lose by being smart, stupid, lucky or unlucky? PUBG will literally leave me shaking like a leaf after an intense fight. Apex has some fun fights, but it's not where near nerve wracking on the body!....... maybe that's a good thing LOL

On 3/13/2019 at 2:25 AM, won slow truck said:

I play it for the loot.

We often play Sanhok when we played the other maps for a few rounds and are sick of bad loot.

24 minutes ago, interesTED said:

We often play Sanhok when we played the other maps for a few rounds and are sick of bad loot.

Which is funny, because I don't have any issues with the loot on the other maps. I find things I can use and do just fine with them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xTekx_1 said:

Which is funny, because I don't have any issues with the loot on the other maps. I find things I can use and do just fine with them.

Exactly. Loot is perfect for the big maps. It's more about skill then being fully kitted with your favorite weapons.

If time was an actual function of people wanting or not wanting to play specific maps, then all they have to do is turn the circle speed up and force people together, but people will not want to fight without good loot.  If you increase loot and speed up the circles people will be forced to engage more frequently thus more fun.

This does not mean you should just put 200 more houses on the map, you need more loot in what is already on the map and possibly a couple more compound areas.  Everyone knows the situation with Vikendi and people just camping in houses until being forced to move out, it is much more fun and strategic to move around the terrain to engage/disengage fights.

I'm not in favor of increasing circle speed. You diminish the ability strategically move based on the circle you see. I'm really not sure why people are so enamored with wanting to have fast circles. If people want fast paced action they're playing the wrong game. BF/COD/Apex ----> that way! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xTekx_1 said:

I find things I can use and do just fine with them.

Wow me too man! I can start off with crap, kill people with crap weapons, aquire better and win.

Its OK for I and many others not to like the loot. It does not mean we can't adapt. But we can still want it changed to be like Sanhook lot.

• RIP 1

3 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

Wow me too man! I can start off with crap, kill people with crap weapons, aquire better and win.

Its OK for I and many others not to like the loot. It does not mean we can't adapt. But we can still want it changed to be like Sanhook lot.

Please God no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

Why would we want to make the other maps like Sanhok? That single map hurt PUBG in so many ways. Basically catering to the TDM crowd that can't seem to think past their own two feet. 

Having loot available at such levels that you can get practically what you want with ease does not make this game better. Having to actually hunt for certain things you want, IF YOU WANT, helps this game tremendously.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2019 at 5:56 PM, phizzzix said:

It's kinda annoying .

Whats more satisfying ? getting a 100 meter kill with a kar98 and a 8x against someone with a crossbow.  or getting a 100 meter kar 98 kill with a red dot against a guy with an SLR and a 6x ? 

would you ever even take that shot on Sanhok ? ( nope you would loot some more and quickly find a scope ) 

Would it be more satisfying to win a BR game that started with 40 people or one that started with 100 ? 

Sometimes being forced into a corner with under powered weapons causes you to use your brain a lot more and overcoming adversity is always more rewarding than coasting.  Imo.

To be quite honest the main reason that this game appealed to me at all was for that reason, overcoming against the odds, in fact that's the core concept of the entire game.

imo counter strike is a much better shooter, and pubg is a much better Battle Royale.  Both should stick to what they are good at.

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP

On 3/13/2019 at 12:56 AM, phizzzix said:

It's kinda annoying .

God... the number of games i've played where I went through with no scope at all. I don't know how I did it!!? I mean, the horror!

• RIP 2

3 hours ago, xTekx_1 said:

God... the number of games i've played where I went through with no scope at all. I don't know how I did it!!? I mean, the horror!

We should strive for this or what?

Sometimes I wonder if Sanhok would be as popular if they reduced the number of DMR's and scopes on it.

Sad that the smallest map in the game turns out to have the highest number of DMR's and SR's in the entire game.

• Like 1

4 минуты назад, Alalien сказал:

Sometimes I wonder if Sanhok would be as popular if they reduced the number of DMR's and scopes on it.

Sad that the smallest map in the game turns out to have the highest number of DMR's and SR's in the entire game.

sad to see this map 50 times in a row

2 hours ago, sgt_gh0st said:

We should strive for this or what?

Did you hear that? That was the point flying right past you.