SiXXX

It's time that pubg adds a respawn feature to squads

4 minutes ago, Michael Seaman said:

This...exactly. If you ask me FPP ruined the game by splitting the player base.

I agree with you that the game was made as a TPP game... but you realize that most of the time I can't even get into FPP games because there are so few players? It might have split the player base by like 90/10, but it didn't wreck the game...

• RIP 1

35 minutes ago, Gentle Gopher said:

I agree with you that the game was made as a TPP game... but you realize that most of the time I can't even get into FPP games because there are so few players? It might have split the player base by like 90/10, but it didn't wreck the game...

That may be true. My comment was a bit of hyperbole to counter the ridiculousness of the OP’s comment about TPP ruining the game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A$ap_LeVics said:

Quick someone bring the defibrillator to revive the dead guy with 7+ bullet holes on their dead body smh .

quick, drink two energy drinks! those 7 bullet holes will be fine in a minute.

1 hour ago, A$ap_LeVics said:

Quick someone bring the defibrillator to revive the dead guy with 7+ bullet holes on their dead body smh .

I for one dont even like the knocks if you shoot a guy in his face he dead not crawling around on his knees. 

I would like to see them do away with knocks.

Dont want respawn dont happen often but spent  the majority of 2 games last night on Netflix while the squad worked on placement.

I’m also a big fat no on this one. But, just for fun, I’d say that the only way to put it into this game would be to make it ridiculously hard to do. Like you need two teammates to unequip weapons and carry the dead body, without using a vehicle, to a medical tent that’s located in the middle of military base on each map. You can’t heal or boost or go prone until you drop the body. And it takes 2 minutes to be revived. 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:57 AM, WainZ0r said:

Oooo double can of worms now aswell as op, hope you are prepared lol 😂

I laughed so hard i had Kenco coming out of my nose!

When they add a respawn option 100 other stuff will be broken. 

Soo hell no. 😂

23 hours ago, l Possum l said:

But, just for fun, I’d say that the only way to put it into this game would be to make it ridiculously hard to do. Like you need two teammates to unequip weapons and carry the dead body, without using a vehicle, to a medical tent that’s located in the middle of military base on each map. You can’t heal or boost or go prone until you drop the body. And it takes 2 minutes to be revived. 

This was the whole point. Squads quit out when losing teammates anyway. So the point is, make them perform a difficult challenge that results in them either fully dying and moving on to the next game, or their teammate respawning and saving the current game. And make it only within the first few minutes of a game, so the respawns are for the immediate deaths on drops, not mid-late game gun fights. 

In typical forum fashion people responded based on the title and didn't read the post nor use any fragment of critical thinking skills before making a decision. How many immediately assumed it would be like cod "press A to respawn" at any time during the game.

Posted (edited)

I thought the same after I saw what apex had. Although I don’t believe you should be able to respawn a player after 40 players are left, and to respawn they could come back as “reinforcements” by another plane drop.. As for how to respawn them, grab dog tag(s), go to 1 of 4 (or more?) radio towers that are randomly placed around the map, call it in. Takes 20-30 seconds to call in, and no one can tell where the towers are until they land from the first plane drop.

I know a bunch of people are die hard fans of the game and would hate this, but I figure it’s a good trade off for the boost in both new and returning players pub would receive. Just think what it could do for fpp.

Edited by Dangles

After 2 months back from Apex , because Apex competitive scene SUCKS BALLS  

Played over 2k hours of competitive play and after reluctantly trying Apex I found that the respawn system is actually very nice. And I think PUBG would get waaaay better and here is why; 

1. Winning a fight would be more rewarding, especially in competitive games, where the players who do the least and get zone all the time end up winning 

2. More fighting in mid-game, as the snakes who lost their team can respawn their teammates to inflate player numbers, important on the bigger maps

3. More exiting end-game, bigger teams so more strategic plays and firefights

and fuck of with that realism shit its a giant dome of electric power pushing people to kill each other, calling in reinforcements wouldnt break immersion

p.s. with respawning I mean like it is done in Apex, having to return to the body within a set time period and then going to a certain spot what can attract more people

Posted (edited)

Yeah, gonna be a hard pass for me on this one. There wasn't any way for us to respawn while I was in the Army. Hyper awareness of your surroundings, not completely losing your shit during a situation where more adrenaline is pumping through your veins than you ever thought could be possible, and having to make split second smart decisions where the wrong choice brings the potential of you and/or your brother standing next to you punching that ticket early are a part of being in combat.

PUBG aims for realism. It is what sets it apart from the rest and why it hasn't been wiped out the the other BR titles. So, unless First Sergeant was lying to us about respawn to force us to sit through another god damn SHARP PowerPoint, it's a "no" from me.

Edited by Sergeant Pawn
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'll pass I think that shit stupid on those games as well. Would rather we remove the bleed out altogether so if your downed then you dead one life one chance. 

If you die so be it you can't win every game you can't do well every game deal with the early death watch a movie and move on. 

I think at this point we should just accept the game as it is content and the glitches soon enough a new game will be out that is way better than this one. Maverick Proving Grounds is my hope, it looks good and it's like Dice and Blue Hole had a baby. 

Edited by BlazedInThe253

When I suggestion like this is made I thank god that the devs don’t listen to us! 😅

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:48 PM, SiXXX said:

Apex has it, Realm Royale has it, Fortnite is adding it. This is because allowing a squad to risk their lives (and current match) in order to respawn their one or two teammates that died at the start is better for gameplay, and life of the game, in every way. Pubg has the longest match times of all mentioned games. Making friends unable to play for 30 minutes after dying at the beginning, or making squads quit out after losing teammates right away, is a big flaw of the game.

One thing should be sure: In the majority of scenarios, an attempt to resurrect teammates should result in only one of two things, 1. the teammates are resurrected back into a full squad,  or 2. the whole squad ends up dead and moving on to the next game. The choice to resurrect should be a risk:reward scenario.

There are a great number of choices to make to be sure this adds to the game experience instead of making it worse, such as: 

- Can only resurrect in the first x minutes of the game

- Can only resurrect once per squad per game

- Must use flare gun, air drop, or whatever may bring enemies and action to the event

- Must sacrifice something, or take a small disadvantage for the game

- Probably many more I haven't thought of

I think this would be interesting to try out in custom games. I don't want this in regular mode.

Nothing beats having all your squad staying alive and getting chicken. It's even worse when your the only one who dies early and squad gets a chicken. Leave it the way it is.

I've found that in squads it often comes down to having more people alive, so I can see how a respawn feature would make the final circles more competitive.

But at the same time I think the lack of respawn is what make this game great. Life is cheap with respawn.

If I had to implement a respawn in PUBG I would make it an alternate mode. When events come back having a weekend respawn squad even might be neat. Dead players would respawn and need to jump out of a plane again, loot again, and go forward. 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:59 PM, Pike_Hunter said:

"Sometimes dead's better".......name that film.

Pet semetary! 

Also, to the OP, no. 

• Like 1