Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All is said and proven now, I'm complain about this since long time...

Definitely broken netcode, it isn't normal that the peeker got an advantage on the guy who get the line !

peekers advantage was coined well before pubg was ever thought of, its what happens in every PvP game playing over a network where real time information is required.

Welcome to the internet …..

I do feel like I’m experiencing a fair bit more desync after this last patch. Maybe it’s just me but I’ve had a lot of deaths now where the desync is bad enough that I’m receiving 3-4 hits at once like it used to be before quite a ways back. Seemed like that much desync was fixed a few patches back but now it’s back, and that’s me playing on NA servers with 23ms average ping, of course I don’t know what my enemies ping is. That and I’m dying behind cover more than I was the last few months.

This is not a problem of a game, but a problem that the game is played over internet.

Even WackyJacky is saying tat the end that all the games are affected, just because of low TTK in pubg, its more noticable.

If you check the part when he playes the footage on normal speed, the advantage is there but for many people its not noticable at all.

WackyJacky did a great job of exagerating the issue, 10x slower video will show these issues in any game.

It only became issue when the peaker is having 100+ ping, but thats nothing the game can fix.

6 часов назад, Toastermunnky сказал:

I do feel like I’m experiencing a fair bit more desync after this last patch. Maybe it’s just me but I’ve had a lot of deaths now where the desync is bad enough that I’m receiving 3-4 hits at once like it used to be before quite a ways back. Seemed like that much desync was fixed a few patches back but now it’s back, and that’s me playing on NA servers with 23ms average ping, of course I don’t know what my enemies ping is. That and I’m dying behind cover more than I was the last few months.

Same here, guy hit me 90dmg from behind  the rock without appearing on my screen.

Well consider this fact. PUBG and Fortnite are equals in terms of how bad the desync is. Ring of Elysium has it worse in terms of movement but about the same with gunshot and damage delays. Apex Legends and Blackout perform significantly worse than PUBG in terms of desync. That pretty much covers everyone in the BR genre with Apex Legends being the only BR game that you would expect to have the least issues here, but even with a handicap manage to do worse.

11 hours ago, Bawakuda said:

All is said and proven now, I'm complain about this since long time...

Definitely broken netcode, it isn't normal that the peeker got an advantage on the guy who get the line !

Honestly - you need to learn a little more about why this occurs. WackyJ is at pains in that piece to point out that it isn’t just PUBG, and he really doesn’t go into the detail necessary to understand WHY it is occurring. @Rev0verDrive has posted before some quality explaination here on the forum, explaining dsync with real-world examples directly from the engine dev environment, showing latency variation between players and it’s effects. Also look to the quality work of Battle(non)sense on YouTube, who has some wonderful fully fleshed out explaination also.

To look toward PUBG and throw blame at ‘broken netcode’ is a naïveté and ignorance. Fix that, and then come back on tap to discuss matchmaking algorithms and latency advantage allowed by the broken algorithm... NOTHING to do with the netcode.

EDIT: What timing. Chris - Battle(non)sense - has retested each of the most popular BR netcode ... check it here

Simple basic understanding of how client / server over the internet works explains this. Your client has to reach the server, have it processed and the other client is doing the same thing. The server has to sort this out based on time being that each are milliseconds away from the server and the server takes milliseconds to process and respond. Thus NEVER will 2 clients on the internet see the exact same thing at the exact same time.

The only way to attempt to compensate for this is server prediction and that has a whole other host of challenges which those more knowledgeable then me can probably explain. However, ultimately, some will be here complaining about how they didn't do something and had a negative effect instead of the current I did do something and had a negative effect we see now.