Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valerio

Two questions from an FPP EU player to the community

1: What's your experience with finding games in FPP EU? In terms of waiting times/no. of players in lobbies etc, including through the week. I used to play pubg on xbox but the EU FPP contingent is dead and unfortunately even the NA FPP contingent is dwindling.
2: Is it everybody's opinion that using an xbox controller would render me at a serious disadvantage against m&k users? A good gaming mouse-set is quite a bit more expensive than a wireless adapter to use my controller on a desktop. Thanks. 

Just now, Valerio said:

1: What's your experience with finding games in FPP EU? In terms of waiting times/no. of players in lobbies etc, including through the week. I used to play pubg on xbox but the EU FPP contingent is dead and unfortunately even the NA FPP contingent is dwindling.
2: Is it everybody's opinion that using an xbox controller would render me at a serious disadvantage against m&k users? A good gaming mouse-set is quite a bit more expensive than a wireless adapter to use my controller on a desktop. Thanks. 

FPP is dying in PUBG. The population of players in FPP is very small compared to TPP.

And yes, you'll be at a fairly tough disadvantage using controller vs m/k.

3 minutes ago, my_cholula said:

FPP is dying in PUBG.

Thanks for responding. Can you elaborate at all on how dead it is? What's your recent experience? 

1 minute ago, Valerio said:

Thanks for responding. Can you elaborate at all on how dead it is? What's your recent experience? 

I don't play FPP. I just know it is a small % of the overall player base, and that overall player base is still dropping off at about 10% a month. It stands to reason that the least played mode is going to be hit the hardest.

I'm getting almost instant games in EU FPP or very close to the estimated time shown. Mostly squads at afternoon-evening but some days it's duos and late night i'm often solo or solo vs squads. 

Once in a bluemoon I get a server with 50 people that wont fill up and i just leave and reque.. No problems here.

8 minutes ago, Zurrad said:

I'm getting almost instant games in EU FPP or very close to the estimated time shown

And these are usually full or nearly full games? 

3 hours ago, my_cholula said:

I don't play FPP. I just know it is a small % of the overall player base, and that overall player base is still dropping off at about 10% a month. It stands to reason that the least played mode is going to be hit the hardest.

Last i looked it isnt dropping. 

Queue times aren't that much of a problem in FPP if you choose Quick join. The problem is you end up playing the same damn map 90% of the rounds.

4 hours ago, my_cholula said:

FPP is dying in PUBG. The population of players in FPP is very small compared to TPP.

And yes, you'll be at a fairly tough disadvantage using controller vs m/k.

In europe its much more popular. The split is around 50/50 the last time I checked.

16 minutes ago, Takarii said:

In europe its much more popular. The split is around 50/50 the last time I checked.

Exactly. EU will be able to hold on longer then anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Rev0verDrive said:

The problem is you end up playing the same damn map 90% of the rounds.

which map are you referring to? Vikendi? 

In SEA ( imo the most popular region of PUBG), FPP is pretty popular. I find the game within 5 seconds lolz.

9 hours ago, my_cholula said:

If you don't play then why are you talking...

9 hours ago, Valerio said:

Max estimated waiting time is 25 secs for Miramar. If you quick join it's 1 sec. You'll find games instantly generally. So it's not dead or sth. EU has pretty large FPP base unlike AS. So finding a match is not a problem for us.

FPP EU, works well. The longest wait times in the afternoon are for me at Solo FPP EU and Vikendi map max 1: 35min. San-Hok 3sec. Quick Join 2sec. When I play DUO, the longest times are 20-30sec. Sometimes the game starts much earlier than the estimated time.

7 hours ago, Valerio said:

which map are you referring to? Vikendi? 

Depends on region, mode and perspective.

NA FPP Solo is pretty much 90% Sanhok and 10% Erangel. Can't speak for other regions.

Only problem I have with EU FPP waiting is that the queue is sometimes bugged and i have to reload lobby. Specialy after you change queue settings. Like going from squad to solo(because I played squad last night).

Otherwise, Miramar might be tought but all the other maps oyu can get in plane in less than 2 minutes, including 1 minute timer in the game.

16 hours ago, Valerio said:

1. Most regions it's a problem, but EU has always been fine in FPP on PC.
  2. A severe disadvantage. You do not need an expensive set, you can perform equaly as well by spending ~40 EUR for both devices. Cheaping out will mostly cost you with long game sessions if you are not carefull with what you buy as low quality devices might make it uncomfortable for long sessions. Though if you are just an average player you won't be spending more than a few hours in one go, so it should not be a big deal. The other factor is that they might break. But yeah, you absolutely do not need the expensive stuff, they have no impact to performance in the vast majority of cases. Just find what's comfortable.

13 hours ago, Freeze339 said:

If you don't play then why are you talking...

Since when does it matter if a TPP player wants to comment on the failings of FPP?

1 hour ago, my_cholula said:

Since when does it matter if a TPP player wants to comment on the failings of FPP?

As the community manager said in EU FPP and TPP players almost equal as number. OP asking EU FPP community and you are talking as TPP player and giving wrong info. I'm saying if you don't play or know the queue in EU FPP don't talk. OK? Because if he wanna buy the game on PC platform for playing FPP, you'll misdirect him with the words ''FPP is dying'' . FPP is in the game and always be a part on this game unless active players reduced under 100.000 and in that case the game is dead already not only FPP.

5 minutes ago, Freeze339 said:

As the community manager said in EU FPP and TPP players almost equal as number. OP asking EU FPP community and you are talking as TPP player and giving wrong info. I'm saying if you don't play or know the queue in EU FPP don't talk. OK? Because if he wanna buy the game on PC platform for playing FPP, you'll misdirect him with the words ''FPP is dying'' . FPP is in the game and always be a part on this game unless active players reduced under 100.000 and in that case the game is dead already not only FPP.

Would you care to quote me on anything I said that was incorrect? If not, then kindly mind your own business or respond appropriately.

I know exactly what the FPP count is on EU. I've posted links to that data repeatedly. FPP is, in fact, dying. That is a fact. It will die off MUCH sooner then TPP simply due to the worldwide numbers. EU will be the ONLY server to sustain longer then others.

5 minutes ago, airdark said:

Name one please. I am EU FPP player.

Sure. In FPP, the perspective given makes you feel like a 3 feet midget. Size balance is WAY off.

Driving. Perspective is horrible. Shooting out of windows. WAY off.

I could go on. You get the picture.

1 minute ago, my_cholula said:

Sure. In FPP, the perspective given makes you feel like a 3 feet midget. Size balance is WAY off.

Driving. Perspective is horrible. Shooting out of windows. WAY off.

I could go on. You get the picture.

Do you know how to make business? I'm certain you have no idea since you are ripping us off on react section xD

In gaming business you don't wanna lose your players. Maybe in general FPP playing amount is low especially in AS etc. . But in EU half of the European playerbase demands FPP and since the business is all about supply and demand you have to give what they want. And since there isn't any region selection in the game there is no reason for shutting down of FPP servers in EU. If you do you'll simple lose significant amount of players in EU.

Maybe you can do it in the other regions but OP wasn't asked about other regions. He or she asked about on EU. So FPP is alive in EU and never gonna die until the game dies.