Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VinnieB

PEEKER'S ADVANTAGE & DESYNC EXPLAINED/DEMONSTRATION

I know this is shown on PC but I'm pretty sure it's the same if not worse on console....

PUBG has thee worst desync and tick rate it's crazy I mean look at rendering or look at how long it takes for your level one backpack, best, helmets take to register and appear on your character it will take like 3-4 seconds to appear and the baseball bat with the suicide squad add on you pick up a crowbar and it will delay and freeze your whole game for 2-3 seconds and even up to 5-6 seconds - also ever notice when spectating your team mate and when right before he dies the game freezes for like 2-3 secs to 5-6 secs massive desync and tick rate it's simple og Xbox doesn't have a chance with reading info from this game and X users have just on maybe par game, with poor dev skills put two and two together that's a disaster waiting to happen and we are seeing it folks.

50 minutes ago, theelitest17 said:

PUBG has thee worst desync and tick rate it's crazy I mean look at rendering or look at how long it takes for your level one backpack, best, helmets take to register and appear on your character it will take like 3-4 seconds to appear and the baseball bat with the suicide squad add on you pick up a crowbar and it will delay and freeze your whole game for 2-3 seconds and even up to 5-6 seconds - also ever notice when spectating your team mate and when right before he dies the game freezes for like 2-3 secs to 5-6 secs massive desync and tick rate it's simple og Xbox doesn't have a chance with reading info from this game and X users have just on maybe par game, with poor dev skills put two and two together that's a disaster waiting to happen and we are seeing it folks.

Console doesn’t matter, this is server connection. OG or 1X receive connection the same in the same home with the same wire or wi-fi. 

If your helmet doesn’t show up for 3-4 seconds you’ve got a serious connection problem. It should be almost instantaneous

I have had quite a few times recently where I am the guy that goes into cover and still get hit after I'm in cover. Very frustrating, but I may have been on the good end at times.

Have to admit, ever since I seen that last night, I took advantage of it. And it works!

Had a guy decked out to the max with lvl 3 and I only had lvl 1 and a ump....he started walking and aiming at the tree and I knew if I zipped onto him and lay into it, id get the kill. Sure as shit, he hit the deck before he fired a single round.

5 hours ago, theelitest17 said:

Rendering and desync/tick rate are two different subjects.

This has happened to many times, alot more since the release of Vikendi and any subsequent patches on pubg. It's very similar to the buildings rendering. The players character can take a split second to render. I find a camper right in front of me yet I don't see'em yet, it is only when I get shot at first is when I notice em. Luckily I still won that battle. While in a sniper 1v1 I have even been headshoted after I went behind a wall, I guess my character on their screen hasn't fully went behind a wall. Yet on my screen i did.

I love this video when I first figured this out I now rush or play more aggressively so I dont get waxed from peek

Also, this is a common problem that other online games experience. Battlefield and CoD forums are rife with them.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:50 PM, wizardO3 said:

Have to admit, ever since I seen that last night, I took advantage of it. And it works!

Had a guy decked out to the max with lvl 3 and I only had lvl 1 and a ump....he started walking and aiming at the tree and I knew if I zipped onto him and lay into it, id get the kill. Sure as shit, he hit the deck before he fired a single round.

Yep have been using this technique since wackyjack uploaded this video i have ended games with more kills.

20 minutes ago, SezualCH0ch1ate said:

That wasn’t Desync, don’t know what that was. Report that maybe?

@TriviaJockey

Agreed, that needs logging with pubg support. There's a worrying amount of these popping up at the mo.

WJ does great analysis vids generally. I’d like to see the same one as above done, but with players with greatly varying pings. Namely one super low and one high. 

I play with a super low ping and often get melted before I can even pull a trigger or hit a button, yet it takes me an entire clip to kill someone. I would guess that the advantages that Jacky demos, are massively exaggerated in a high vs low ping scenario, in the favour of the high ping player. 

11 minutes ago, GingerP1ston said:

WJ does great analysis vids generally. I’d like to see the same one as above done, but with players with greatly varying pings. Namely one super low and one high. 

I play with a super low ping and often get melted before I can even pull a trigger or hit a button, yet it takes me an entire clip to kill someone. I would guess that the advantages that Jacky demos, are massively exaggerated in a high vs low ping scenario, in the favour of the high ping player. 

His video was done in a perfect environment, so it would most likely be worse in game.  

On 3/6/2019 at 7:31 PM, WainZ0r said:

I have had quite a few times recently where I am the guy that goes into cover and still get hit after I'm in cover. Very frustrating, but I may have been on the good end at times.

I get major N*Sync too xx