Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASTR4L ASC3NT

Open minded TPP players

Let me preface this by saying this isn't one of those " TPP vs FPP " threads.

I would like to know why you choose to play TPP over FPP and if there is anything that might make you want to try FPP instead.

For those of you who have tried FPP but went back to TPP, why is that?

Generally the complaints that I see from TPP players about FPP are: Dizziness, Camera too low, Framerate ( Making it look choppy, not smooth ). Anything I missed?

I haven't played with the new update yet, but if the game is playing better, are there any TPP players out there who feel like giving FPP a go?

In the spirit of getting people to try new things, If someone who plays TPP were to join me in FPP tonight, I would happily return the favor and play TPP with them.

Since Pubg Corp doesn't really seem open to giving incentives to play FPP, it's up to us FPP players to show our TPP counterparts why FPP is so much fun!

I'll end this post by saying that  FPP players are no better than TPP players. Both modes are enjoyed for different reasons.

Hopefully there are some open minded players out there who wouldn't mind doing this.

I've grown to love this game, and got that way playing TPP. To tell you the truth, I'm used to it and just enjoy it more. The only time I ever get involved with the TPP vs FPP debate, it's only because somebody ends up trashing somebody's opinion due to the difference in their own.

I feel first person shooters have become a dime a dozen. Virtually every other shooter game is in FPP. I think I like it because it's different. I really don't find FPP to be that enjoyable. I can't pinpoint why. I only have a limited time to enjoy gaming (demanding job, 3 kids, pretty cool wife, house needing constant work), so I choose to play what brings me satisfaction. If it's "corner-peaking"... so be it.

Makes me dizzy, you hit the nail on the head.  I don't even like watching a streamer play in FPP on mixer. 

TPP seems more realistic. 

I have a sense of what's around me that I cant have in FPP and if I want FP I just hit RB and bam. 

I loved playing FPP, because I like the sharp skill curve required here, but the more I played it and with the more recent updates it seems like no one plays FPP anymore so naturally I just migrated to TPP playlist. I would definitely play FPP again if it got popular again.

19 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

I would like to know why you choose to play TPP over FPP and if there is anything that might make you want to try FPP instead.

Try FPP? It’s called every other shooter for the past 20+ years since I’ve been playing video games. Been there, done that. With the exception of the best TPP shooter ever made, SOCOM, this is the only game that has come close to that.  If I want to play yet another FPP shooter, I’ll just go play one that actually performs well and can hit 60fps on my Xbox One X.  

My problem is that randoms don’t join parties and when they do they have no mic.

Also, I find that if you look at the LFG’s most are absolute snobby douches. 

“Must have 300 wins, 4.0 kd” and that’s in TPP.

Bet if you went into an LFG for FPP and said you were new, you’d be dumped from the party instantly if not after your first failure.

Arseholes rage quitting out of parties for nothing is already a problem.

Happy to give it a go sometime with you and see how I am. Message me your GT and I’ll add you mate.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, Michael Seaman said:

Try FPP? It’s called every other shooter for the past 20+ years since I’ve been playing video games. Been there, done that. With the exception of the best TPP shooter ever made, SOCOM, this is the only game that has come close to that.  If I want to play yet another FPP shooter, I’ll just go play one that actually performs well and can hit 60fps on my Xbox One X.  

I'm not talking about every other shooter, I'm talking about Pubg FPP. Thanks for the input though.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, hugeAXE WOUND said:

My problem is that randoms don’t join parties and when they do they have no mic.

Also, I find that if you look at the LFG’s most are absolute snobby douches. 

“Must have 300 wins, 4.0 kd” and that’s in TPP.

Bet if you went into an LFG for FPP and said you were new, you’d be dumped from the party instantly if not after your first failure.

Arseholes rage quitting out of parties for nothing is already a problem.

Happy to give it a go sometime with you and see how I am. Message me your GT and I’ll add you mate.

I've had that problem with no mic randoms, I agree it is annoying but it's not specific to FPP.

Yeah I agree that LFG is pretty ridiculous. Setting unrealistic standards in terms of stats.

I will most certainly take you up on your offer. I'll message you the GT shortly.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:09 PM, spanker63 said:

I've grown to love this game, and got that way playing TPP. To tell you the truth, I'm used to it and just enjoy it more. The only time I ever get involved with the TPP vs FPP debate, it's only because somebody ends up trashing somebody's opinion due to the difference in their own.

I feel first person shooters have become a dime a dozen. Virtually every other shooter game is in FPP. I think I like it because it's different. I really don't find FPP to be that enjoyable. I can't pinpoint why. I only have a limited time to enjoy gaming (demanding job, 3 kids, pretty cool wife, house needing constant work), so I choose to play what brings me satisfaction. If it's "corner-peaking"... so be it.

Interestingly I started out playing TPP as well ( Because it was the only option at the time ) and didn't switch to FPP until mid 2018. I found the first couple of matches were making me a little bit dizzy but eventually got used to it.

When I tried to go back to TPP it felt sluggish to me and not as " Flicky " if that makes any sort of sense to you. Since then I've only played in FPP view, even in TPP games.

No sense in playing something you don want to if youre already limited on time... That I completely understand

On 3/5/2019 at 9:11 PM, BlazedInThe253 said:

TPP seems more realistic. 

I have a sense of what's around me that I cant have in FPP and if I want FP I just hit RB and bam. 

I can't say that I agree with it being more realistic. Nothing realistic about a camera floating 3 feet above your head allowing you to peek things without exposing yourself, but I do agree about the awareness. Having that extra large FOV undoubtedly helps and you can swing the camera around with ease. In FPP, I find I'm always flicking my view back and forth because of the smaller FOV so I can understand being more drawn to TPP for that reason.

Whenever I do play TPP, I use the FPP view like you pointed out. The only downside is everyone else can peek and you cant without exposing yourself but I would say that 1 upside is that you don't have to deal with having your character blocking half your view when in a CQC fight.

40 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

"corner-peaking"... so be it.

We know they going to peek and if it were real life we would peak so have the chance to not get shot, so more realistic IMO.

3 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

I can't say that I agree with it being more realistic. Nothing realistic about a camera floating 3 feet above your head allowing you to peek things without exposing yourself, but I do agree about the awareness. Having that extra large FOV undoubtedly helps and you can swing the camera around with ease. In FPP, I find I'm always flicking my view back and forth because of the smaller FOV so I can understand being more drawn to TPP for that reason.

Whenever I do play TPP, I use the FPP view like you pointed out. The only downside is everyone else can peek and you cant without exposing yourself but I would say that 1 upside is that you don't have to deal with having your character blocking half your view when in a CQC fight.

Not sure I agree on the peak if real life you take cover and peak.

IMO the issue here aint the peaking its the player response time and or the relay time of the image to you which is in ms and by the time you see they peeked your already dead.

1 hour ago, Rek It Beckett said:

Makes me dizzy, you hit the nail on the head.  I don't even like watching a streamer play in FPP on mixer. 

That's unfortunate. I was able to get passed it after a few days/ week of playing. To each their own I guess!

The wait times when I’ve tried FPP put me off. The driving I don’t like in FPP, and th camera just seems too low for your eyes, not natural. 

If the wait times were less I would try it again though

2 minutes ago, Prinzar said:

The wait times when I’ve tried FPP put me off. The driving I don’t like in FPP, and th camera just seems too low for your eyes, not natural. 

If the wait times were less I would try it again though

I know. The wait times are atrocious. Driving in FPP is quite fun I find but that's my opinion.

As for the camera, that's been an issue for a while. I saw a post recently that claimed the camera position was torso height, not head height which seems to make sense considering I sometimes feel like a hobbit in FPP.

Honestly sometimes I really do hate TPP (I exclusively play it) due to people literally hiding behind a wall or at the top of a stairwell just waiting, but it just feels more fluid to me personally, on top of the issues you mentioned.

I've played FPP but it really does hurt my head/eyes far more and there are more drawbacks than positives in my opinion. Driving really is a PITA especially on a map like miramar when you can't always stick to the roads.

As stated above as well, it's different from all the other shooters because they're all in FPP. There were a couple of CODs that had a TPP mode but pubg really got this one right.

I dont play fpp because of 1 simple reason, THERE IS NO EU FPP LOBBYS 

i refuse to play fpp with NA latency

I only play TPP cause my 3 friends that I play with cry if we don't.

Solo and when I do random squads its FPP only.

4 hours ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

For those of you who have tried FPP but went back to TPP, why is that?

I haven't played with the new update yet, but if the game is playing better, are there any TPP players out there who feel like giving FPP a go?

I chose TPP over FPP originally because it was something different from CoD / Battlefield (what I'd usually be playing). I also felt like that was the way the game was intended to be played. And there were lots more players on TPP so it made sense to play that. I can't remember but I've got a feeling FPP wasn't even an option at the beginning but I might be mistaken there.

I tried FPP by accident a few times. I found the perspective felt wrong (too low to the ground, too narrow FoV). I thought that it felt faster but because of the game's poor frame rate this made FPP feel double-clunky to me, it made my eyes sore quite quickly. It didn't make me feel sick but I'm pretty sure it would have given me headaches quite quickly.

Lately I've been flipping to FPP quite a lot during TPP matches, the ability to change FoV is great now, except when I need to make sure I'm not about to take a lead injection in my butt. I like running about in FPP view because it feels faster and adds a different level of tension in shootouts but the frame rate is still too low for me to choose FPP over TPP as my 'go-to' match.

I'm sure you're also aware that a lot of the FPP players have been consistently toxic towards TPP players in the forum. With the obnoxious and relentless belittling of TPPers (publishing the stats of others to ridicule them, etc), it didn't take long before I (and I assume plenty of others) wanted FPP to fail to the point that they couldn't play it any more purely to spite them. You're obviously not one of them so it's unfortunate that you're affected by the lack of FPP players but those FPPers that dished out all the sh*t have got what they deserved.

And driving stinks in FPP. People say it's more realistic but there's nothing realistic about that complete lack of peripheral vision and awareness of surroundings.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

I'm not talking about every other shooter, I'm talking about Pubg FPP. Thanks for the input though.

But every other shooter being FPP is one of the reasons I play TPP. For me, tpp is a pleasant change from all the generic fpp games there are out there. If I want to play fpp, I will go play one of them, since most of them are at 60 fps and don't give me a headache in fpp the way pubg does. Even playing tpp gives me a headache from playing tpp but I can play longer on tpp than I can on fpp. I play tpp on pubg because it is different. That said, I do occasionally play fpp with my squad when we want to try something different, just not for many matches.

20 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

I'm sure you're also aware that a lot of the FPP players have been consistently toxic towards TPP players in the forum. With the obnoxious and relentless belittling of TPPers (publishing the stats of others to ridicule them, etc), it didn't take long before I (and I assume plenty of others) wanted FPP to fail to the point that they couldn't play it any more purely to spite them. You're obviously not one of them so it's unfortunate that you're affected by the lack of FPP players but those FPPers that dished out all the sh*t have got what they deserved.

I've played with some FPP players in TPP that were looking for groups and they act like there slumming it. Total douches

for me its queue times.

I was much more eager to play fpp when matches fired up more quickly.

I was a Socom player on PS back in the early 2000’s and when I found PUBG as a third person shooter I was in love. I tried playing FPP but it just doesn’t do it for me. I really, really enjoy some 3rd person shooting! 

I play in first person view, IN TPP mode. I can never get a game in FPP, and all my friends play FPP, so my only option is to just play TPP mode but play in first person perspective.

Obviously giving me a bit of disadvantage,

but saying that, I do third person peak around some windows and when in cover while under fire.. 

I came from First Person Shooters — it feels natural to play in FPP, i just wish I could frequently get FPP games on xbox pubg

I play TPP because that's how the game was designed. FPP was added after the fact(Which everyone knows now) but it was never implemented correctly. Even after the FOV slider was added, it just doesn't feel right. And like several other people have mentioned, TPP takes me back to the SOCOM days which I really miss. FPP has it's place but not in PUBG. I play BLACKOUT for my FPP Battle Royale experience. It looks, plays and runs much better than PUBG FPP.