PUBG_McClutch

Flare Guns - Share your feedback with the PUBG Team

Wow! Just wow!

Flare gun is a good addition to the game. But like many of your ideas it is badly implemented.

First of all, there are so many of them that it is not uncommon for a squad to get a bunch of flares.

Secondly, I need to keep my eyes peeled on the map to spot  care package provisioning. What's up with that?

Third of all, just the other night my duo buddy fires a flare and the care package provisioning number didn't change for 10 seconds. It should be in real time. The moment  a flare is fired the same moment the number changes.

And lastly, I also fired a flare. It showed one care package available and 2 armoured UAZ's. 

I also posted something related to it here

https://strangertech0.blogspot.com/2019/03/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-use-of.html

The other day me and squad of randoms on Erangel, dropped outside Military zone and a standard airdrop landed 50m in front of me, that's me Lvl 3'd up with M249..

..Teammate gets a flare, fires it, he's now Lvl 3'd up, with AUG(or Groza, forgot...)

...airdrop standard lands not far away from where we moved to, 3rd teammate now Lvl 3'd up with AWM...

.... kills players, steal Flare, and now Squadmate #4 is Lvl 3'd up....

We already had decent gear, and within minutes the lot of us were wookie suited and booted, and banging away like a hooker in Vegas...

Yes, we got the dinner.... 2x Lvl 3 LMGs battering them and 2x Lvl 3 snipers headshotting them didn't take long.... we're not even the best players, just decent average...

Far, far too much Lvl 3 shit going on.

Remove, reduce or rework...

• Like 3

There are 2 things that devs can do about flare guns.

1) make it really rare and remove the second circle limit.

2) keep it on that way and allow max 2 care packages in game. One of them will be 2nd circle and other one in the 3rd. And for other flares should give armored UAZ only. Because UAZ is a life saver and it's not a game changer. So it's pretty balanced for me.

Yesterday on Erangel my squad and I jumped in Georgepol. We looted OK and found a flare gun but the circle is on top right of the map and we couldn't have a time for just run or find a vehicle because we were fighting with another squad. We won the fight killed one of them, the other 3 retreated because of the circle and we wasted our meds on that fight. Luckily we have our flare and called armored UAZ. We drive in the circle and secure one house and defend it. We fought until the end and won the game, thanks to the armored UAZ and flare gun. Otherwise we will die in the zone and get frustrated while we were running.

Posted (edited)

It seemed like good news to me, that you finally decided to include the flareguns in public matches. Like most people I thought that after all this time for consideration you will make sure  that the flareguns won't disrupt our experience...but dang it, it's just the opposite. Why are you doing this? Why are you going from 0 straight to 100? Right now PUBG is more like an Airdrop Royale than an Battle Royale. That makes me wonder if whoever decided this actually plays PUBG at all.

Tip: Just keep such changes strictly on Test Servers and mark them as Experiments right away, instead of pushing things to live and hoping no one gets upset. If there's a lack of participants, just give away some keys, crates or skins as a reward for anyone who spends a certain amount of time on Test Servers during the testing period. That would be a win-win, at least in my book.

[Spawn Rate]

I'm thinking about 2 different approaches:

1) Fixed amount of Flareguns per Match

Erangel: 2

Miramar: 2

Vikendi: 2

Sanhok:1

2) Or specify a 50/50 chance that flareguns spawn at all, but still applying the rules from 1).

Personally, I would prefer the latter approach.

[Sound]

The noise of all these planes is obviously very distractive...

[UI]

Airdrop is Aidrop. There shouldn't be any markers/hints on the map, the flare and the plane-sound should suffice for spotting them.

Edited by cherrypicker

2 hours ago, cherrypicker said:

It seemed like good news to me, that you finally decided to include the flareguns in public matches. Like most people I thought that after all this time for consideration you will make sure  that the flareguns won't disrupt our experience...but dang it, it's just the opposite. Why are you doing this? Why are you going from 0 straight to 100? Right now PUBG is more like an Airdrop Royale than an Battle Royale. That makes me wonder if whoever decided this actually plays PUBG at all.

Tip: Just keep such changes strictly on Test Servers and mark them as Experiments right away, instead of pushing things to live and hoping no one gets upset. If there's a lack of participants, just give away some keys, crates or skins as a reward for anyone who spends a certain amount of time on Test Servers during the testing period. That would be a win-win, at least in my book.

[Spawn Rate]

I'm thinking about 2 different approaches:

1) Fixed amount of Flareguns per Match

Erangel: 2

Miramar: 2

Vikendi: 2

Sanhok:1

2) Or specify a 50/50 chance that flareguns spawn at all, but still applying the rules from 1).

Personally, I would prefer the latter approach.

[Sound]

The noise of all these planes is obviously very distractive...

[UI]

Airdrop is Aidrop. There shouldn't be any markers/hints on the map, the flare and the plane-sound should suffice for spotting them.

I think you need a few more than 2 on the entire map of Erangel, otherwise most of the time they'll end up in places that nobody goes to like some shit shack in the middle of nowhere. I would hazard to say there's probably at least 20-30 on the map currently , most of them going un-found. 

Otherwise yes, reduce the spawn rate drastically (just more than two lol).

Also get rid of the yellow marker on the map 100%

Posted (edited)

I'm just thinking how Bluehole thinks about making them very rare

Doe's the "luck" parameter come into thoughts?

Wich was the reason you removed lvl3 helmet from world spawn.

The more rare it will be the more advantage the people who loot a crate will have in the ending..

If you gonna have "metal rain" in the normal game might aswell just keep the level as is for all i care.

I don't mind personally.

Edited by sgt_gh0st

Before demanding less flares, I prefer to know how many are there currently? Than decide on how much you want them.

Another idea is, to remove random airdrops and have only flare called airdrops. This needs discussion.

I do agree on tpp for casual play and have fpp on esport settings. Why do I have to play on different settings than the pro's? How can I even dream on becoming pro when I am handicapped with different settings? *

And I prefer the ability to remove teammates markers. Too often I quickly look on the mini-map to think "I see dots, teammates are here" only to discover that my teammates went to another village and I was looking at way-markers.

*My dream of becoming pro is allready crushed by seeing my killratio, don't insult me further. ;)

Maybe randomise the loot from flares - why always get an armoured truck maybe just a buggy . Why always L3 and top weapons? Sometimes an M4 or an SKS.  There are too many L3 in the later circles. Maybe keep the number of flares the same and just don't guarantee you are gonna get L3 gear

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Imerzan said:

I think you need a few more than 2 on the entire map of Erangel, otherwise most of the time they'll end up in places that nobody goes to like some shit shack in the middle of nowhere.

Well, this way the game would definitely be balanced again, plus finding a flaregun will feel more rewarding. Two birds with one stone.

Whoops, since we are talking about specific maps, I totally forgot about the cave in Vikendi. Therefore it would be better to reduce the amount of flareguns  to 1, like on Sanhok.

Edited by cherrypicker

Please lower frequency and map marker. 

Sucks to have played a good game, only to be met at the final circle with 4 teams all Level 3'd up and you have an m16 and some rocks to throw :/ 

suggestion:

uaz

spawn them randomly outside of the first circle, but not directly on the streets. spawn them idk where no streets are?

care package

spawn something similar like a "firework tube" randomly in the 1th,2th,3th and 4th circle. the "firework tube" would be filled with a flare and cannot be looted or moved. once the 1th circle closes, the "firework tube" shoots up the flare automatically (same procedure for the 2th,3th and 4th circle). show a marker on the map where the flare was shot. perhaps also remove normal crates completly?

world-class-300-tube-km3423.jpg

44 minutes ago, fail0r said:

show a marker on the map where the flare was shot.

or no, dont show a marker on the map, because its to easy. perhaps shoot the flare with the "firework tube" higher with a loud bang, so everyone can see and hear it? xD

From what i can see on the forum there is like 3-4 threads concerning the flares, totally ~10 pages.

Anticheating is now 141 pages.

We are all different, everyone don't feel my pain for several reasons, some play FPP wich isn't as infested, some just play for fun and don't care or even look for cheaters.

I know cheating is "high priority" but when there is obvious cheaters in 50% of my games, sometimes less, sometimes even more, trust me, my least problem is the flares.

That being a TPP player who love to try winning (wich kind of is the main goal in this game afterall)

I know this doesn't belong in this thread, but will it help much writing in a 141 pages big thread?

It is not easy to try be patient anymore and if cheating was taken this serious it would feel a lot better.

I'm simply against them. They should have exclusively be for events and not normal games.

It's a huge game changer with the existing POOR spawn loot. In the worst way. 

After the last patch, i cant say i enjoy this game anymore (~2000 hours played) . Sad for me.

You removed lvl 3 helmets from world spawn ...so you can add them back with flare guns for those lucky enough? Yea, screw and unbalance this game even more.

You can loot for 20 mins and still get forced to play a m16 with 3x for a long range fight ..and others start from the beggining with lvl 3 and awm. And bye bye 25-30 mins of playing for nothing if you are forced to pass through them and they know you and even worse ...they have the next zone also. If you pick the fight, you are done ... if you can't sneak and get close to them, again ...you are done, because if you are forced to fight .. the first rule is applied.

Before, those types of situations were rarely to happen ... now is increased  like "x" times more (someone has a poor loot, even if he/they looted a town ..and encounter a full lvl 3 equiped with drop weapons)

Unbalanced game to the core.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My feedback to the dev team is as follows:

[Gameplay] - The flare-guns do create a different type of game-play than the one players are used to. I think it would be fair to say that one group of players will very much like this as they are looking for more action in the game, whilst the other group of players who prefer the survival/tactical part of the game has the opposite view and don't think the flare-guns bring any benefit to the gameplay. I don't think flare-guns improve the game in any way. There are other games out there that caters for the action hungry group of users and PUBG is the best game (in my opinion) who caters for the slower and more tactical side of the game. I think that the games strongest side is that you have to balance where to drop (risk vs reward) and that you don't know what loot you end up with. And one of the reasons this game has longevity is that each round is different because you have to adapt your play style (and the tactic you use) based on the loot you have in that specific round.

If anything I would love for PUBG to "double down" and be the game for people who likes a tactics shooter and not try and be what other games are (fortnite/apex etc). Low loot means more varied and tactical games in my opinion.

If flare-guns are to be a permanent part of the game I would very much ask that you do one out of 3 things.
"A" - Reduce the spawn rate dramatically and put a limit of max 3 flare-guns to spawn per round

"B" - Consider a function that allows your user base to select "Classic mode" (normal low loot and no flare-guns, no nonsense) or "High Octane mode" which has flare-guns and slightly higher loot spawn rates.

"C" - Only have flare-guns spawning on Vikendi and Sanhok (and leave Erangel and Miramar as they are for those who prefer the gameplay the way it was before flare-guns)

The flare-guns does decrease the enjoyment of the game for those who prefer the defensive slower way of playing, you survive for 20-25 min only to meet people with crate weapons and lvl 3 gear.

[Spawn Rate] - Max 3 flare-guns to spawn per map, per round. (and these 3 should spawn in 3 completely randomly places (not always in high risk areas))

[Sound] - Sound of flares should be reduced to 66% of current volume

[UI] - No changes needed. Please keep the current functionality in UI

Edited by Clampar

Its feeling like we have a flare-gun in every game, and so will every enemy team. Thats way to much.

70% of the game there are plains flying around with a lot of noise. Dont get me wrong, the noise of the plaes are good to push and everything, but there are way to much of them.

In the endgame (20 alive) everybody has LVL3 Gear and weapons. I dont likle this because its way harder to win a game if you dont have the luck to find a flare-gun. If you loot a drop, you deserve it! But if you just found a flare-gun, shot it and get 2 FULL LVL3 you dont deserve it. For example I liked to play an UMP in the endgame, now thats just impossible because everyone has lvl3 gear and weapons. Yes there are only 2 or 3 drops available in a game,  but this are 6 sets of LVL3, + 3-4 Airdrops + 2 Airdrops in the cave (if your on Vikendi). So 12 LVL3-Sets in a game? Please no.

You said you will decrease the spawn rate of LVL3 helmets in Vikendi, that was good! And now everybody in the lategame has a lvl 3 helmet. A shot in the head with a K98 or M24 should be a oneshot. If he looted a drop - like i said -  he deserves it. But if you just found a flare, you dont deserve it.

Please remove the flare gun or decrease the spawn rate. It should be very, very rare. So like in every 2 or 3 matches there will be 1 or 2 flares. This will make it something special and people will be pushing towards the drop if its there. Actually its like, oh theres a flare-drop... naaaah we wont go there we have our own and we will shot it when its possible.

And the cave, puh... I dont like it. Its just luck to get a car and get inside. Maybe reduce it to 1 drop? If you ask me, i would remove both drops and just put good loot inside so a whole squad can gear up with 1 weapon, helmet and vest. Then it will be still interesting to drop, and its gonna be a hotdrop.

Thats my statement. I love the game, got like 1300 hours, but please dont destroy it with "overloot". 

Thanks for all you've done yet! Great game :)

Quadcore

Well, to begin with, I can tell my new ideas .

First One :

{

#If you not add more or add very low loot in map Erangel and Miramar.

[Gameplay]

Flare Guns only respawn in Battle Royale map (Erangel and Miramar).

Remove Red Zone .

[Spawn Rate]

Add more Flare Guns  :

First Playzone : Player can Calling 3 Air Drops.

Second Playzone : Player can Calling 2 Air Drops.

Third Playzone : Player can Calling 1 Air Drops.

[Sound]

Fix Sound foot .

Less sound Airplane and  Flare Guns.

}

Second one :

{

#If you add more loot in map Erangel and Miramar.

[Gameplay]

We don't need a Flare Guns

Remove Red Zone .

[Sound]

Fix Sound foot .

Less sound Airplane.

}

7 minutes ago, Dr_NoobGamer said:

Well, to begin with, I can tell my new ideas .

First One :

{

#If you not add more or add very low loot in map Erangel and Miramar.

[Gameplay]

Flare Guns only respawn in Battle Royale map (Erangel and Miramar).

Remove Red Zone .

[Spawn Rate]

Add more Flare Guns  :

First Playzone : Player can Calling 3 Air Drops.

Second Playzone : Player can Calling 2 Air Drops.

Third Playzone : Player can Calling 1 Air Drops.

[Sound]

Fix Sound foot .

Less sound Airplane and  Flare Guns.

}

Second one :

{

#If you add more loot in map Erangel and Miramar.

[Gameplay]

We don't need a Flare Guns

Remove Red Zone .

[Sound]

Fix Sound foot .

Less sound Airplane.

}

Mark of air drop land in map show only when air drop in airplane, After that is remove mark.

Might as well implement all those new buildings and all that other rewamp stuff cause right now Erangel is destroyed.

Posted (edited)

Please get rid of the flare guns. The amount of people with level 3 makes it literally impossible to get a quick kill when you need it. Previously, when you played well you were at least able to keep a team of four busy when your down to two by knocking their people. But now, even you land so many headshots that do not end in knockes, its really frustrating... And its not even that only one guy has the gear. Even of you manage to knock him, the next one will be impossible to kill because your well-aimed headshots dont do enough damage. 

I think the old system that was based on getting level three gear only from random airdrops that you dont come across very often was perfect. If you dont find level three gear now (i.e., a flare gun), you're basically screwed. 

I want to emphasize this again. REMOVE the flare gun!

Edited by interesTED

Posted (edited)

1. Lower the number of flares that spawn in the world. There are too many.

2. Remove all HUD information in regards to players shooting off the flare. It feels out of place.

3. Change the vehicle that brings in flare drops. I recommend a Chinook (EDIT: The crate/UAZ would still drop in with a parachute as they do now. The helicopter would basically be a cargo plane skin. Speaking of which see footnote)

IMG3453-Boeing-CH-47F-Chinook-414-D-892-Netherlands-air-force-s.jpg

The vehicle should be different to breakup the monotony of constantly having cargo planes flying in all directions at all times of the match. They also would signify which are bringing in flare drops and which are bringing in normal crates. Not only that, but their sound effect is different. This is a whole bunch more information that players can use to deduce that someone called in a flare and even more of a reason to [SEE POINT #2].

In addition, I think they should be quieter than the cargo plane. A rule of thumb would be if a player is too far away from the drop to be able to effectively fight for it, then that would be a good drop-off distance for the sound of the helicopter. This is so that players aren't constantly bombarded with sound effects of planes and stuff flying all over the place.

EDIT: This would allow you a new type of skin to add into the game: Chinook skin. When you call in a drop, your style helicopter would come to drop it off for you.

Edited by R315r4z0r

I think it's a real shame you rebalanced weapons so almost every choice is viable but with the amount of level 3 gear in the game now, you're at a massive disadvantage if you don't use an AR for short range and DMR for long range or ideally have a crate gun yourself. The noise disturbance can be really bad too.

I think flare guns shouldn't be in normal matches but if they are, the number should be greatly reduced so only 0-1 or maybe 2 in rare cases are used.