Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rek It Beckett

Why are updates "all or nothing"?

I understand the performance issues aren't going to be adjusted until 3/5 but then why not roll out the other items such as the new gun, the lights on Vikendyl...... etc?   As soon as something slightly significant is available, why not roll it out???  Lets be honest, most of us know that what you are going to do on 3/5 isn't going to help the games performance all that much, history has proven this.  This game is so far behind with performance it is gonna be baby steps to get it to where it needs to be.  So the community gets excited for new content.  It's almost like PUBG has a coupon book to use when they want to roll out an update and they only have a certain number a year to use. 

2 hours ago, Rek It Beckett said:

I understand the performance issues aren't going to be adjusted until 3/5 but then why not roll out the other items such as the new gun, the lights on Vikendyl...... etc?   As soon as something slightly significant is available, why not roll it out???  Lets be honest, most of us know that what you are going to do on 3/5 isn't going to help the games performance all that much, history has proven this.  This game is so far behind with performance it is gonna be baby steps to get it to where it needs to be.  So the community gets excited for new content.  It's almost like PUBG has a coupon book to use when they want to roll out an update and they only have a certain number a year to use. 

It costs money to put an update out on Xbox live. 

2 minutes ago, duellingcarl said:

It costs money to put an update out on Xbox live. 

I assumed it does, but wouldn't retaining player base and attracting more players trump that cost?  I mean are we talking millions of dollars to push an update or hotfix...etc?  I don't know, that's why I am asking. 

1 minute ago, Rek It Beckett said:

I assumed it does, but wouldn't retaining player base and attracting more players trump that cost?  I mean are we talking millions of dollars to push an update or hotfix...etc?  I don't know, that's why I am asking. 

From what I recall it's in the ballpark of 5-10 grand. Also, new content isn't going to make my friends (who stopped playing before last summer) or I play. They need to just push optimization and performance increases.

I just read the announcement myself, did anyone else notice that its "pubg console team" now?

The real question is why do they wait until the very last second to announce we have to wait another week!!?

30 minutes ago, WORLD CERES said:

The real question is why do they wait until the very last second to announce we have to wait another week!!?

Yeah that was a bit of a kick in the nuts.. I'm waiting patiently but there better be some real improvements with this update.

3 hours ago, Rek It Beckett said:

You actually think they can roll out something so simple? In such short notice? They need at least 6 months 

17 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

Yeah that was a bit of a kick in the nuts.. I'm waiting patiently but there better be some real improvements with this update.

I highly doubt it fixes anything they made it apparent on bugs that if it doesn’t have video proof they aren’t doing anything about it from what I could tell I was wasting my time to post in bug section 

1 minute ago, XboxoneXPlayer09 said:

I highly doubt it fixes anything they made it apparent on bugs that if it doesn’t have video proof they aren’t doing anything about it from what I could tell I was wasting my time to post in bug section 

I don't know what to think in regards to how they handle bug reports. I don't think they just blow them off either. Not really stuff that can be ignored for too long with so many people complaining about it.

Just now, XboxoneXPlayer09 said:

Hi,  for us to be able to fix the bugs we need to be able to recreate that bug internally, we do this more effectively by analysing videos that are submitted alongside a detailed description from the player. This is why we encourage the community to use the Bug reporting template.  

40 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi,  for us to be able to fix the bugs we need to be able to recreate that bug internally, we do this more effectively by analysing videos that are submitted alongside a detailed description from the player. This is why we encourage the community to use the Bug reporting template.  

In the posts they tell you exactly what’s happening generally but instead of you reading it you always ask for a video of it like I don’t just video my gameplay constantly nor will I if you can’t get the same bug to happen on a actual Xbox one x console where in a live server these things happen then idk what to tell you but if you try to recreate it on your souped up pc that runs the Xbox game port the. Of coarse that bug won’t happen 

4 minutes ago, XboxoneXPlayer09 said:

In the posts they tell you exactly what’s happening generally but instead of you reading it you always ask for a video of it like I don’t just video my gameplay constantly nor will I if you can’t get the same bug to happen on a actual Xbox one x console where in a live server these things happen then idk what to tell you but if you try to recreate it on your souped up pc that runs the Xbox game port the. Of coarse that bug won’t happen 

The problem is it’s quite hard to find out a bug/issue without actually seeing it happening in person. 

Its like walking to the garage and telling them about a funny noise that’s happening when you drive your car and expecting them to diagnose your issue. 

For instance I have a post on 6x on bolt actions explaining on live servers a 100 meter or less or lil more headshots are going straight through the players it’s done it with the 8x now but still it’s simple really and they ask for video proof like what I explained wasn’t good enough get in a server not a test server bc it works great on it but on a live current server on a Xbox one x and try to get a bolt action with a 6x the headshots don’t register and it could be bc they changed the server things to go by ping related or something 

7 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

I just read the announcement myself, did anyone else notice that its "pubg console team" now?

I wonder if that means both Xbox and ps4?

1 hour ago, WORLD CERES said:

I think so... I wonder if it’s Xbox services being janky. I’ve had cod:iw zombies shit the bed before 🛌 

Games going downhill nobody plays FPP really anymore and the issues TPP players have gaven up on playing on in that non-tactical realistic mode.

15 hours ago, WORLD CERES said:

I hope not, that's would be like thinning out ice soup

On 2/28/2019 at 12:22 PM, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Why did my bugs never get investigated? Ive submitted many clips and never even had you post back on my thread.... 

You know as a customer who bought your game its pretty disheartening to spend my good time submitting and writing up bugs that i have found only for you guys to over look them. 

9 hours ago, The_beast said:

Games going downhill nobody plays FPP really anymore and the issues TPP players have gaven up on playing on in that non-tactical realistic mode.

Still falling through and flying on their Lovely snow map........ Just pull it from the server for crying out loud! For the game to be up on live servers in this state is a joke.

Microsoft should step in and kick these guys in the pants!!!!!!!! 

34 minutes ago, flatiron113 said:

Why did my bugs never get investigated? Ive submitted many clips and never even had you post back on my thread.... 

You know as a customer who bought your game its pretty disheartening to spend my good time submitting and writing up bugs that i have found only for you guys to over look them. 

As I have stated many times before,  we don't always have the time to acknowledge everyone's posts but we do read all the bug reports and relay the information directly to the dev team.  

15 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

As I have stated many times before,  we don't always have the time to acknowledge everyone's posts but we do read all the bug reports and relay the information directly to the dev team.  

It would seem almost everything you say goes in one ear and out the other with a lot of these guys xD