Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alancampbell92

PS4 Exclusive Collaboration Skins

For the second time now, third game, PS4 PUBG is collaborating to produce exclusive skins based on PS4 exclusive games.

My question is at what point will Xbox be seeing any sort of exclusive / unique skin options ?

I own every skin available for the Xbox and will most likely continue to support the game through these purchases, but at what point do we call prejudice from one console to another.

Just now, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi Alan, Is there any particular skins you would like to see on PUBG XBox?

Sorry to jump in before Alan answers, but some sort of Xbox skins related to Xbox exclusive games would be pretty cool. HALO immediately comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, DudeNamedBen33 said:

Sorry to jump in before Alan answers, but some sort of Xbox skins related to Xbox exclusive games would be pretty cool. HALO immediately comes to mind.

Master chief level 3 helmet.

Nothing specific i'd like to see, but variants of Xbox exclusive games having skins ported over similar to what the PS player base is getting would be great, for example:

• A level 3 helmet Halo variant,
  • Ryse: Son of Rome, could be a lot of skins from that,
  • Gears of War,
  • Etc.

The list could go on to be honest, but i'm not really fussed on specifics as i'm sure others will be the same, i'm more bothered about being on a level playing field with another console.

i know we will never get the shear quantity of purchasable content PC has, quite understandable, but i would like to see Xbox receiving exclusives at the same time as PS.

3 minutes ago, alancampbell92 said:

Nothing specific i'd like to see, but variants of Xbox exclusive games having skins ported over similar to what the PS player base is getting would be great, for example:

• A level 3 helmet Halo variant,
  • Ryse: Son of Rome, could be a lot of skins from that,
  • Gears of War,
  • Etc.

The list could go on to be honest, but i'm not really fussed on specifics as i'm sure others will be the same, i'm more bothered about being on a level playing field with another console.

i know we will never get the shear quantity of purchasable content PC has, quite understandable, but i would like to see Xbox receiving exclusives at the same time as PS.

I fully understand where you are coming from on this in regards to specific game collaboration skins but Xbox players did receive quite a few exclusive in-game skins before we had PUBG on PS4.  Due to contracts, game release dates etc. aligning skin releases can be very difficult on multiple platforms using different companies. 

Any ideas that are submitted to us in this topic will be forwarded onto the team.

Just now, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

I fully understand where you are coming from on this in regards to specific game collaboration skins but Xbox players did receive quite a few exclusive in-game skins before we had PUBG on PS4.  Due to contracts, game release dates etc. aligning skin releases can be very difficult on multiple platforms using different companies.

Any ideas that are submitted to us in this topic will be forwarded onto the team.

One i would actually really like to see, is skins from the Original Titanfall since that was an Xbox exclusive prior to the release of two. Good be a lot of skins to be gained from that game.

Love the level 3 master chief helmet skin idea. I’m sure something gears of war could be implemented like a level 3 vest skin that looks like a boombox on your chest. I haven’t played the new crackdown but I’m sure MS would love to pump it’s tires up somehow and anything from Ninja Theory 

Katana Skin for the machete . Some halo clothes too like sergeant Johnson outfit from halo wars 2 looks dope and millitary. Bloody weapon skins with the gears of war logo on them? Forza collab Weapons Skins with car company logos  on them Or Clothes would love to see a AR with The italian colors on it and the lamborghini logo on it . 

1 hour ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Also forward to them that for sure a Master Chief's helmet will be the best-selling thing in the game.

The problem is, Xbox really doesn't have that many exclusives. They only have a hand full of block buster exclusives (Halo, Gears and Forza mainly. Maybe Crackdown?). Microsoft should of dug deep, real deep into making PUBG exclusive to their console. 

Either way, I think this whole favoritism is unfair. PUBG Corp/Bluehole is reaching out to Sony's IP titles and asking permission to put their stuff in their own game. I wonder how many "no's" they received and how many times they tried for us.... 

2 hours ago, VinnieB said:

How about a Gears of War Carmine helmet skin? 

Image result for gears of war carmine helmet

Clayton Carmine all day long or a lv2 vest with the crimson omen and grub killer 🤟😁. Either way I would enjoy all as the Carmines are my players of choice throughout the gears series.

4 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

A chicken that is a level 3 helmet, it has eye holes, a dead one I mean.

I bet ps4 players are jealous from this amazing exclusive suit 😂😂

A323B0AA-CF02-4D88-9959-CD3A5D21341B.jpeg

6 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Master chief allllllllllllll the flipping way andy 

6 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

How about making the Harley Quinn bat actually sound like a baseball bat?

https://www.pubg.com/2019/02/27/horizon-zero-dawn-collaboration/

for anyone who hasn't seen the outfit/skins that the ps4 players are getting! 

probably the real reason why the patch got pushed back, as it says this will be available "after the maintenance on March 5th" 

does anyone actually think that whatever "technical difficulties" they have ran into with this patch will be fixed within a weeks time? 

12 minutes ago, DaZooKidd said:

https://www.pubg.com/2019/02/27/horizon-zero-dawn-collaboration/

for anyone who hasn't seen the outfit/skins that the ps4 players are getting! 

probably the real reason why the patch got pushed back, as it says this will be available "after the maintenance on March 5th" 

does anyone actually think that whatever "technical difficulties" they have ran into with this patch will be fixed within a weeks time? 

Hi, the release of the PS4 skins on March 5th is not the reason why the patch was pushed back.  One of the fixes originally supposed to be part the hotfix was still giving the dev team some issues so we wanted to make sure that the new patch works as intended before we release it.  Apologies for the delay.

How about a parachute skin that displays your name on top? 

Or rainbow ghillie suits

Or on a care package there is a big chicken outfit something like 1 in a 1000 chance of a drop.

Or name on side of gun with kill counter 

Or a create your own gun skin option (like in rainbow Vegas 2)

6 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi, the release of the PS4 skins on March 5th is not the reason why the patch was pushed back.

Then I guess the March 5th update will will work great being bug free? I say this out of frustration because how many other updates have been delayed before and then released with a ton of bugs? Some of them being so simple where you can clearly tell that they were not tested at all before released. 

not trying to be disrespectful towards you or lumos as you guys are only the messengers and tell us what you have been told to tell us. Do you guys know for a fact that's why it's been delayed or is that just what they told you to tell the community?

Just now, DaZooKidd said:

Then I guess the March 5th update will will work great being bug free? I say this out of frustration because how many other updates have been delayed before and then released with a ton of bugs? Some of them being so simple where you can clearly tell that they were not tested at all before released. 

not trying to be disrespectful towards you or lumos as you guys are only the messengers and tell us what you have been told to tell us. Do you guys know for a fact that's why it's been delayed or is that just what they told you to tell the community?

I know for a fact.  The HZD skins were always planned for the 5th.  The Dev team discovered an issue with the LOD fix during testing on Wed and decided it would be better to hold off releasing the patch until they got it fixed.