pywackit

Keyboard dropping out during PUBG.

Since the update whenever clicking on the Ready button my mouse bindings for the buttons on the Roccat Tyon mouse no longer work.

The additional buttons on the mouse are bound to keys that I cannot use with my left hand and they work perfectly in notepad on windows, but the minute I click on READY then most of the buttons no longer work.  This has worked perfectly previously and only occurs when PUBG is run and once READY is clicked.

Furthermore the following was reported by the squad we "tried" to play with tonight.

- one teammate lost her mouse DPI settings whenever clicking on READY making it impossible to set DPI

- another complained that his keyboard was non-responsive at various stages throughout the game effectively making the game unplayable

This has only started since the update. We had to cancel our squads tonight because of this ruined experience... and I doubt very much we will play again unless this is fixed.

• Like 1

Since the past few days, my keyboard has been dropping out when playing PUBG. This does not happen in any other games. I have to Alt-Tab in and out of the game to fix it and then weird things can happen like the ESC key brings up the W10 start menu etc. This happens several times per match, which just makes the game intolerable to play..........Also, their seems like a huge layer of input lag has been injected into the game, again, in just the past few days I have noticed it.

Funny timing to screw up the game back to it's beta days just when Apex Legends hits and takes the BR genre by storm..........got saboteurs within the company?

• Like 1

Great post about what you're experiencing. But, in your possible frustration you've missed out on what keyboard you're talking about. No system specs or anything. So do please post those so that they can be seen by the mods and passed over to the devs.

Cheers.

Edit.. if you're experiencing input lag.. well that old fullscreen bug might be back. So might have to switch to Windowed then back to fullscreen to fix that.

Edited by Avohei

Hey, sorry that you're having this issue.  To help us investigate further can you please supply me with the following information:

Mouse/Keyboard model: 
Firmware version: 

Control software name & version: 
Windows Version:

Example: 
Mouse/Keyboard model: Steelseries MX750 TKL
Firmware version: 1.7.0.0
Control software name & version: Steelseries Engine 33.13.4
Windows Version: Windows 10 - 1809 build 17763.316

Hey, sorry that you're having this issue.  To help us investigate further can you please supply me with the following information:

Mouse/Keyboard model: 
Firmware version: 

Control software name & version: 
Windows Version:

Example: 
Mouse/Keyboard model: Steelseries MX750 TKL
Firmware version: 1.7.0.0
Control software name & version: Steelseries Engine 33.13.4
Windows Version: Windows 10 - 1809 build 17763.316

Roccat Sova

Firmware 1.27

Roccat Swarm V1.9339

Windows 10.0.17763

Nothing about the keyboard has changed. PUBG has changed.

@Avohei..I shall try switching between fullscreen and windowed modes.

Mouse/Keyboard model: Roccat Tyon Mouse (ROC-11-851-AS)
Firmware version: v1.31

Mouse Driver version: v1.16
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home - 1809 build 17763.316

Steps to reproduce problem:

1. Configure Tyon mouse buttons on the left side with your desired keybindings and save settings

2. Test in notepad.exe and confirm that your buttons/bindings are working and typing the correct characters

3. Run PUBG and Ready Up.

4. Test in notepad.exe again and you will see that the mouse button key bindings are different/duplicated... particularly the buttons/paddles on the left side of the Tyon

4 hours ago, MatDerKater said:

Roccat Sova

Firmware 1.27

Roccat Swarm V1.9339

Windows 10.0.17763

Nothing about the keyboard has changed. PUBG has changed.

@Avohei..I shall try switching between fullscreen and windowed modes.

Same here.

Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO Keyboard

Firmware 1.7117

Roccat Swarm V1.9339

Windows 10 Pro version 1803, OS build 17134.619

Having the same issue. Keyboard constantly turning off and on while playing.

Mouse/Keyboard model: Roccat Skeltr
Firmware version: 1.25
Control software name & version: Roccat Swarm V1.9339
Windows Version:  Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.17134

This is happening in no other game.

• Like 1

Same issue. The Keyboard is constantly turning off while playing.

Mouse/Keyboard model: Roccat Horde
Firmware version: 1.26
Control software name & version: Roccat Swarm V1.9339

Windows Version: Windows Pro 1803 Build 17134.590

Edited by 29j2003
  • Like 1

Same issue. The Keyboard is constantly connect and reconnect with only connected sound of connected device.

interval 2..3 min. for 1..2 sec.

Mouse/Keyboard model: ROCCAT Horde AIMO
Firmware version:  1.22
Control software name & version: swarm version 1.9339
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)

System Model: GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/26/16 17:50:12 Ver: 05.0000B (type: BIOS)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
                Page File: 6550MB used, 12215MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\Windows
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

Same here..

Roccat Horde AIMO keyboard...

Disconnect and Connect -> 3 Seconds playing without keyboard many times per game...

Not so funny to play PUBG with this bug!

Details:

Win10: Version 1809, Build  17763.316

Swarm Version: 1.9339

Firmware: 1.27

Edited by Black6Crow
  • Like 1

Same issue with my Roccat Vulcan Aimo... only does it in game or with game in background.  Also in test server.

Edited by HashTagRNG
More info

Here are some ideas to try :

In Control Panel -> Power Options, click "Change plan settings", then "Change advanced power settings", in the dialog box expand the entry "USB settings", and set "USB selective suspend setting" to Disabled.

In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", double-click "USB Root Hub" entry and in the "Power Management" tab uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Uninstall the mouse/keyboard from the Device Manager and reboot.

Try another USB port.

Use USBLogView to better analyze the problem.

I've seen in some cases that devices with a USB 2.0 being plugged into a 3.0 port can cause issues with old drivers for the motherboard. Going to your motherboard manufacturer site and updating your USB drivers and chipset may just be what you need.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Avohei said:

Here are some ideas to try :

In Control Panel -> Power Options, click "Change plan settings", then "Change advanced power settings", in the dialog box expand the entry "USB settings", and set "USB selective suspend setting" to Disabled.

In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", double-click "USB Root Hub" entry and in the "Power Management" tab uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Uninstall the mouse/keyboard from the Device Manager and reboot.

Try another USB port.

Use USBLogView to better analyze the problem.

I've seen in some cases that devices with a USB 2.0 being plugged into a 3.0 port can cause issues with old drivers for the motherboard. Going to your motherboard manufacturer site and updating your USB drivers and chipset may just be what you need.

Cheers

Thanks Avohei for the suggestions, but when this many people are having the same problem it is coming from Bluehole's side not ours.

1 hour ago, Sharkycsi said:

Thanks Avohei for the suggestions, but when this many people are having the same problem it is coming from Bluehole's side not ours.

Agreed. I'm just weird when it comes to issues with my pc. I'll do everything I can to get things working right.

As software gets updated. Sometimes the requirements change for our hardware. It can be that a developer changed their programming to support new drivers from companies as they are released. That can cause issues with older drivers as they are not supported anymore. So it never hurts to check. Just to see if there is all update for our systems.

For all we know a Windows update is bugging out with roccat. We don't know yet. Might not even be related to pubg. If I was rich I'd buy one just to test it and help find a fix for everyone. Sadly I'm not in that position.

If I were having this issue. I'd start with a reinstall of Windows and all my drivers. Making sure they are fresh and up to date. That's just me. I like to be fully sure that it's nothing on my end causing the issue. Having that knowledge helps me report a bug further. Then that helps the devs dig deeper into the issue.

Hope y'all figure it out and it gets fixed. Just remember to leave no stone unturned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avohei said:

If I were having this issue. I'd start with a reinstall of Windows and all my drivers. Making sure they are fresh and up to date. That's just me. I like to be fully sure that it's nothing on my end causing the issue. Having that knowledge helps me report a bug further. Then that helps the devs dig deeper into the issue.

Hope y'all figure it out and it gets fixed. Just remember to leave no stone unturned.

I don't see it as my job to 'leave no stone unturned'. PUBG is a great game (when it works), but not that great that I would go reinstalling Windows over it.............and if a Windows update is making Roccat peripherals bug out, then why doesn't it affect other games?

This is a bluehole issue.

• Like 2

Have copied this in here from my other post to see if this assists anyone...

--------

Hi guys, so I have discovered something interesting which may perhaps shed some light on this issue...

Since Thursday (without any Roccat updates) it seems that PUBG is now being recognized by my Roccat mouse software as Sniper Elite 4 which is why mouse bindings would change whenever PUBG was run... it's almost as if the PUBG executable has had its signature changed or has some meta which is being detected as Sniper Elite 4...  so whenever I run PUBG my Sniper Elite 4 profile is activated.

This worked perfectly prior to Thursday and I have checked that I am definitely pointing to the correct executables.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but perhaps the keyboards are being confused between profiles and trying to re-configure themselves... and this may also explain some of the mouse DPI changes being reported.

Hope it helps someone!  For now I have re-configured my Sniper Elite 4 profile to the same bindings I require for PUBG.  And it works.

39 minutes ago, r0c0sty said:

only when PUBG is on the keyboard he go crazy

Yeah, as I said in my prev post, from what I can see the game detection software being used by they keyboard/mouse manufacturers is not detecting (or incorrectly detecting PUBG) and applying the wrong profiles.  And perhaps it is applying them more than once... which would explain the guys reporting keyboards dropping out every 2 minutes etc.  In my case my Sniper Elite 4 profile is being applied whenever I run PUBG and as a result all my bindings are messed up whenever PUBG is run.  Only started in the last few days...

Roccat Vulcan 120 Keyboard and Roccat Kone Aimo mouse.

Friday evening - swarm update.

Switch PUBG on keyboard disconnects and reconnects every minute or two.

Uninstalled everything Swarm side and reinstalled from some time ago so minus updates and everything works great again UNITL I run PUBG. Steam I can have on all day and other Steam games BUT as soon as I run PUBG the same USB port disconnects and reconnects every couple of minutes.

I have tried different USB ports and it makes no difference.

The only thing that causes the malfunction is PUBG.

I have written to Mr Roccat and asked him but awaiting their response atm.

Any help would be gratefully appreciate as I was 3rd yesterday when my keyboard failed when I had a clear head shot but got killed instead aghhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 2

Same here,

Mouse/Keyboard model: Roccat Kone XTD
Firmware version: 1.21
Control software name & version: Rocat Kone XTD Monitor 1.0.0.1

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 10.0, Build 17134

26 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Out of curiosity, if you uninstall the roccat software, does the problem still occur?

I never had the Roccat software installed...I only installed it to see if correct drivers/software would fix it.