Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

breal4_20

We dont want any help by HUD. If you want to help us by any means - implement it as ingame feature.

Recommended Posts

I am pointing at new flare "APEX" marker on map. Effect of the flare itself is the way. Keep to this in all feature mechanics. We dont want to be told by HUD that something is going on, we want to see it ingame. Of course i know it is much more laborouse... but.... this is BATTLEROYAL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about an option to disable it? Few people are bothered by something being on the map, no need to cave in to the vocal minority again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HellDuke said:

How about an option to disable it? Few people are bothered by something being on the map, no need to cave in to the vocal minority again

 

It is about the feel of the game mate. As when the airdop plane is comming in, you want to hear it by yourself, localize it based on the noise of the plane motors , peek out of the window to see the trajectory of the plane and then maybe follow it by car to see if it drops.

 

When you just mark it on the map, it kills the feel man. The feel that you actualy tracked it somehow by yourself.

 

Dont take this from us... this is why we play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HellDuke said:

How about an option to disable it? Few people are bothered by something being on the map, no need to cave in to the vocal minority again

 

Vocal minority?

 

Did I miss the responses to the other thread on this where people thought it was a good feature?

 

yours seems to be the only response to argue for not removing the notification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should really start the thread with what exactly you are talking about. It took me a while to figure out that you are talking about the flare drop map marker.

 

I completely agree, the flare itself draws enough attention. This exact marker on the map gives free information for everyone on the map - if they don't actually go to contest the drop, why should they get that info for free (that somebody + contestants was there)? It also removes some possible smart decisions about using the flare gun (like using it in a valley or behind a big mountain covering the flare from the majority (expected) of people).

As we've seen from flare gun testing before, the flare itself attracts plenty of wolves to fight for it, there's really no need to try to force it even more. Make the flare itself brighter, green, shoot higher, increase the time before drop lands - plenty of better ways to increase possibility of a fight, if you really think it's not enough (I think it was enough though). And also the marker definitely goes against the style and spirit of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biochemikas said:

You should really start the thread with what exactly you are talking about. It took me a while to figure out that you are talking about the flare drop map marker.

   

  - @Biochemikas i started it with exactly what i wanted to talk about. Iam speking generaly, to include any future mechanics of the game. We dont want to be told by HUD that something is going on, we want to see it ingame.  Flare is just a great present example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fobyac said:

 

Vocal minority?

 

Did I miss the responses to the other thread on this where people thought it was a good feature?

 

yours seems to be the only response to argue for not removing the notification.

 

No you did not miss any thread because there doesn't have to be one and logically thinking there wouldn't be one. Look at this thread. From the announcement it barely got anyone saying that they don't want it. If someone doesn't care or likes it then they will most of the time say nothing on the matter, which has come to bite us in the ass by making ridicioulous changes and not implementing useful features with little to no downsides all because of a few people that kept crying about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HellDuke said:

If someone doesn't care or likes it then they will most of the time say nothing on the matter,

 

The first part I agree with, the second less so. 

 

I've been called a fanboy on more than one occasion because I've had the temerity to voice an opinion that doesn't follow the collective mentality on this forum.

 

There is literally no point to putting a map marker for the flare drop. Arguments have all been made earlier in this thread and others so no need to repeat them again.

 

On your suggestion to have an option to disable the map marker, well, to be frank it's somewhat daft.

 

It is similar to the arguments that were made back in early access wrt foliage. People were setting it to low so they could see people who were (from their POV) hiding in the grass. 

 

Normally a topic like this is fairly polarising. You will have people offering a counterpoint to the initial statement. This thread and others stand out because everyone (bar yourself) thinks the marker is a shit idea. This isn't a vocal minority. In this case, I'm afraid you are.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fobyac said:

This thread and others stand out because everyone (bar yourself) thinks the marker is a shit idea. This isn't a vocal minority. In this case, I'm afraid you are.

 

You do realize that that's not vocal minority means right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HellDuke said:

 

You do realize that that's not vocal minority means right?

 

Yes I do. A minority group that make their point heard. 

 

Seeing as people are not shy in posting their views here, there should be tacit acceptance of the term vocal. Although this whole forum wrt the overall player base would be classed as a vocal minority we have to argue within the confines of the forum and apply the terms accordingly.

 

You've made your point heard wrt having the option to disable the drop marker which makes you the vocal minority.

 

All that said, rather than argue over semantics, do you have a counter point to my post questioning the worth of a disable option or not?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, fobyac said:

 

Yes I do. A minority group that make their point heard. 

 

Seeing as people are not shy in posting their views here, there should be tacit acceptance of the term vocal. Although this whole forum wrt the overall player base would be classed as a vocal minority we have to argue within the confines of the forum and apply the terms accordingly.

 

You've made your point heard wrt having the option to disable the drop marker which makes you the vocal minority.

 

All that said, rather than argue over semantics, do you have a counter point to my post questioning the worth of a disable option or not?

 

To be fair you were the one who decided to start with arguing semantics and decide with calling me the vocal minority. So if you know that by definition it can only apply to those asking for the removal of this feature, why do you try to apply this term to me?

 

You did not give me much to counter either, all you did is say that it's daft to give the option to disable and gave an example of foliage in the early days, which does not compare. In the map marker case it is a second form of presenting the same information that is already available, in the grass example it's providing information that was not available.

 

One one hand the argument is "the flare is enough information, PUBG is not about map markers" and then on the other hand it's suddenly "you are giving free information to everyone on the map!". So which one is it? These arguments are mutually exclusive. You can see the flare from the same amount of distance as the map marker is relevant from so you can't really argue that we are providing information to players that they do not already have. It's not an exact marker either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing i like in apex comparing to pubg - the marker system. But i also think that system shouldnt be at pubg in any kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...