Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood5150vh

Fix the freaking 4 times scope please

Sick of the 4 times scope changing rediclius once picked up. I pick it up attach it and have the good scope with the red arrow or cross hair sight. Then change to my other weapon then change back and get the horriable round circle sight for no reason. This happen to me a dup buddy every freaking time. Going to stop using this dame scope. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 4
  • RIP 3

4 minutes ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

Sick of the 4 times scope changing rediclius once picked up. I pick it up attach it and have the good scope with the red arrow or cross hair sight. Then change to my other weapon then change back and get the horriable round circle sight for no reason. This happen to me a dup buddy every freaking time. Going to stop using this dame scope. 

This is not a bug it´s a features. The scope varies depending on the weapon. AR or DMR
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DocSnyder said:

This is not a bug it´s a features. The scope varies depending on the weapon. AR or DMR

Not 100% accurate either. The 4x scope reticle only changes on some ARs. 5.56 rifles (m16, m4, scar, etc.) have the one with the arrow. 7.62 rifles (AK, beryl, etc.) have got the one with the circle. All the rest (SMGs, DMRs, SRs) have a simple cross.

• Like 3

ohhhhhh that is actually happening then, I thought I was going insane. At one point I wondered if it was map dependant 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

ohhhhhh that is actually happening then, I thought I was going insane. At one point I wondered if it was map dependant 😂

Yes everyone else I. This post does not understand what we are talking about. The 4 times will change while you have it on your gun. 

4 minutes ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

Yes everyone else I. This post does not understand what we are talking about. The 4 times will change while you have it on your gun. 

Errrm, I do understand, @dopestone1 explained it quite well up above

9 hours ago, dopestone1 said:

Not 100% accurate either. The 4x scope reticle only changes on some ARs. 5.56 rifles (m16, m4, scar, etc.) have the one with the arrow. 7.62 rifles (AK, beryl, etc.) have got the one with the circle. All the rest (SMGs, DMRs, SRs) have a simple cross.

You get different reticles on the 4x depending on the gun it is on. No idea if that is 'as designed' or a bug though.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

I've never heard of that.

Get a clip if you can.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

I don’t think that you understand matey, sorry.

You said it happens when you move the same scope from one gun to another.

Let me try and explain different, more accurate.

4x scope Arrow reticle weapons: 

M16, M4, SCAR, QBZ, QBU, G36C, M249

4x scope Circle reticle weapons:

AK47, Beryl, Mutant, DP28

4x scope Cross reticle weapons: 

All the rest.

So in example...if you your primary was SCAR and you’d equip a 4x scope, the reticle would be an arrow. If your secondary was an AK and you’d equip it with the very same scope you took off your SCAR, the reticle would change to the one with circle.

Always been that way and there’s nothing to fix, nevertheless I’d go for a cross everywhere if I had a choice. But I don’t mind, variety is fun. 👍

Anyway, if you ever put a 4x scope on an AK and it comes out with a cross or arrow, let us all know how you did it! :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dopestone1 said:

I don’t think that you understand matey, sorry.

You said it happens when you move the same scope from one gun to another.

Let me try and explain different, more accurate.

4x scope Arrow reticle weapons: 

M16, M4, SCAR, QBZ, QBU, G36C, M249

4x scope Circle reticle weapons:

AK47, Beryl, Mutant, DP28

4x scope Cross reticle weapons: 

All the rest.

So in example...if you your primary was SCAR and you’d equip a 4x scope, the reticle would be an arrow. If your secondary was an AK and you’d equip it with the very same scope you took off your SCAR, the reticle would change to the one with circle.

Always been that way and there’s nothing to fix, nevertheless I’d go for a cross everywhere if I had a choice. But I don’t mind, variety is fun. 👍

Anyway, if you ever put a 4x scope on an AK and it comes out with a cross or arrow, let us all know how you did it! :D 

Dp28 has a chevron reticle last time i checked. Groza has circle reticle

• Thanks 1

* in order of pics.

1. Reticle used for 5.56mm weapons and Crossbow.

2. Reticle used for 7.62mm assault rifles.

3. Reticle used for SMGs, non-5.56mm DMRs and sniper rifles.

Note, it's been like this since April / May of 2018.

1024px-4x-556.png

1024px-4x-762.png

1024px-4x-smg-sniper.png

• Like 3

18 hours ago, pajama dad said:

You dont like the reticle on some weapons?

I don't understand why they bothered with the changing reticle, the basic crosshair (like when it's on a Kar98) is by far my favourite. I hate all the noisy crosshairs like when the 4x is on the AK.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

I don't understand why they bothered with the changing reticle, the basic crosshair (like when it's on a Kar98) is by far my favourite. I hate all the noisy crosshairs like when the 4x is on the AK.

I'm the opposite; I can't stand the cross crosshair because to me it's just a big blob in the middle.  I hate everything that's not the 6x/8x though lol. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zorg00 said:

I'm the opposite; I can't stand the cross crosshair because to me it's just a big blob in the middle.  I hate everything that's not the 6x/8x though lol. 

Yeah, the cross is a bit blobby too I suppose - I still prefer it to the other 4x reticles though. Are you playing on X1X with a 4K monitor though? That probably makes quite a big difference.

You're right that the 6x/8x is by far the best though.

I don't understand why they don't just make all the reticles nice and sharp. It doesn't improve the game in any way to make any of the reticles suck - I'm looking at you 2x and 3x scopes. They both look like they were drawn with a crayon that's glued to a drunk's forehead. You can actually see the pixelated 'corners' on the circle of the 2x scope and I think the 'dot' in the middle is actually a square 🤣

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, XxESCxXLUKE1333 said:

I still think you should be able to pick your 4x reticle like you can for 3x or red dot etc etc

Agreed 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 11:44 PM, Hollywood5150vh said:

The reticle changes depending on the gun due to different BDC calibrations.  IRL, the chevron vs the doughnut is just preference, but it seems that PUBG switches it for variety.

On 2/18/2019 at 6:41 AM, XxESCxXLUKE1333 said:

I still think you should be able to pick your 4x reticle like you can for 3x or red dot etc etc

The reticle in an ACOG is etched onto glass, so it can’t be changed without replacing the prism in the scope.

A red dot optic reflects an LED off of a glass lense to create the reticle/dot, so the reticle shape and color can be changed in real time just like in the game.

PUBG Corp is trying to keep some realism in the game by not allowing the ACOG reticle to change while on a gun.  The unrealistic part is that the reticle can change if placed onto a different gun...

Edited by TwoSeven1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 1:41 PM, XxESCxXLUKE1333 said:

You can change the 3X reticle? What? Why don't i know this? :D Will have to check this tonight as i only thought you could alter the brightness!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

You can change the 3X reticle? What? Why don't i know this? :D Will have to check this tonight as i only thought you could alter the brightness!

Only the color and brightness can be changed.

17 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Yeah, the cross is a bit blobby too I suppose - I still prefer it to the other 4x reticles though. Are you playing on X1X with a 4K monitor though? That probably makes quite a big difference.

You're right that the 6x/8x is by far the best though.

I don't understand why they don't just make all the reticles nice and sharp. It doesn't improve the game in any way to make any of the reticles suck - I'm looking at you 2x and 3x scopes. They both look like they were drawn with a crayon that's glued to a drunk's forehead. You can actually see the pixelated 'corners' on the circle of the 2x scope and I think the 'dot' in the middle is actually a square 🤣

Nah, I use a monitor but I have an xbox OG.  But i guess the 7.62 cross is better than the 5.56 arrow.  I only go for head shots when using a bolt-action, which is not always the case when I use a 5.56 gun for range; since you almost always have to double tap (or more) them, so I just go for as many hits as quickly as possible instead of precision.