Sign in to follow this  
Nefariousness

Aiming question for good players 2+KD

Well I'm going to say right off I'm a meh player. 1.2 KD and 1 chicken every 100 matches or so. 20% top ten. I'm not a shooter guy but have worked hard with videos and the training ground and have actually come a long way. I have been meaning to ask this for awhile now but it always slipped my mind. Do you guys hold your breath when shooting all the time or just sniping? I'm also curious as to how many of you use tight aim up close? Streamers like Wacky Jacky always seem to ADS except when they are hip firing up super close. Any tips as to what really upped your shooting would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nefariousness said:

Well I'm going to say right off I'm a meh player. 1.2 KD and 1 chicken every 100 matches or so. 20% top ten. I'm not a shooter guy but have worked hard with videos and the training ground and have actually come a long way. I have been meaning to ask this for awhile now but it always slipped my mind. Do you guys hold your breath when shooting all the time or just sniping? I'm also curious as to how many of you use tight aim up close? Streamers like Wacky Jacky always seem to ADS except when they are hip firing up super close. Any tips as to what really upped your shooting would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Do you play FPP or TPP? 

I mainly play FPP and I tend to ADS 95% of time.  I only OTS (over the shoulder, soft aim, LB aim [type B], whatever you wanna call it) when using an SMG close quarters.  I've noticed when I do play TPP (when i'm grinding dumb challengers or playing with friends that prefer it), I can kill a lot of those players easier from a distance (25-50m) because they are OTS aiming more often than not.  OTS is great when you need to move around quickly and spray someone down, but there's way less accuracy to it.   If you want to see the difference, go into training; load up a gun and point it at a wall to see the spray comparison. 

As for holding breath, I personally only do it when sniping.  If i use it on another gun, its because I'm using the slight zoom.  

One of the things that makes aiming with a controller so much more difficult is that it's just not as natural as a mouse.  We use a mouse so often in every day life that clicking targets with a mouse is super natural.  Its good to go into training just to get used to pointing your cross hair at different targets as quickly as you can. Since PUBG doesn't have Aim Assist (your cross hairs slowing down when over an enemy), it makes keeping your on your enemy that much harder. My personal remedy for this was lowering all my sensitivities (except general) to 2, and raising my aim acceleration. It helps me pinpoint easier.  And I just un-ads to switch between targets if I need to. I've also lowered vertical sensitivity multiplier all the way down so i can control vertical recoil easier. 

Hopefully this helps a little bit!  I may just be rambling lol. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zorg00 said:

Do you play FPP or TPP? 

I mainly play FPP and I tend to ADS 95% of time.  I only OTS (over the shoulder, soft aim, LB aim [type B], whatever you wanna call it) when using an SMG close quarters.  I've noticed when I do play TPP (when i'm grinding dumb challengers or playing with friends that prefer it), I can kill a lot of those players easier from a distance (25-50m) because they are OTS aiming more often than not.  OTS is great when you need to move around quickly and spray someone down, but there's way less accuracy to it.   If you want to see the difference, go into training; load up a gun and point it at a wall to see the spray comparison. 

As for holding breath, I personally only do it when sniping.  If i use it on another gun, its because I'm using the slight zoom.  

One of the things that makes aiming with a controller so much more difficult is that it's just not as natural as a mouse.  We use a mouse so often in every day life that clicking targets with a mouse is super natural.  Its good to go into training just to get used to pointing your cross hair at different targets as quickly as you can. Since PUBG doesn't have Aim Assist (your cross hairs slowing down when over an enemy), it makes keeping your on your enemy that much harder. My personal remedy for this was lowering all my sensitivities (except general) to 2, and raising my aim acceleration. It helps me pinpoint easier.  And I just un-ads to switch between targets if I need to. I've also lowered vertical sensitivity multiplier all the way down so i can control vertical recoil easier. 

Hopefully this helps a little bit!  I may just be rambling lol. 

Shit sorry TPP.  Sens at 2 really? Wow. What's your aa at?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nefariousness said:

Shit sorry TPP.  Sens at 2 really? Wow. What's your aa at?

General Sensitivity: 14

Aim Accel: 5

1x - 8x sensitivity: 2

Just for credibility sake:  I currently have a k/d of 2.08 for FPP Solo; though I was at 2.5 at the end of last season with my best match being a 17 kill solo win.  I'm still figuring out how I want to play Vikendi, so I feel my K/D will go back up once I figure out my personal strategy for that map haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zorg00 said:

General Sensitivity: 14

Aim Accel: 5

1x - 8x sensitivity: 2

Just for credibility sake:  I currently have a k/d of 2.08 for FPP Solo; though I was at 2.5 at the end of last season with my best match being a 17 kill solo win.  I'm still figuring out how I want to play Vikendi, so I feel my K/D will go back up once I figure out my personal strategy for that map haha.

k tks will try this tomorrow in training.

• Like 1

I’ve been top 10 in duo and solo FPP (stats aren’t the greatest right now cause I been messing around a lot but there still decent) but anyways my #1 tip would be to have confidence.. I couldn’t tell you how much better I became when I started thinking I was better than all 99 other players in the match with me. Everytime you see someone treat them like they’re good but know that your better.. you don’t want to have too much confidence and just run up shooting lol but play smart and while playing smart have confidence and like you said training grounds can really help with recoil but nothing is going to help better with shooting than practice in an actual game. I play with every scope on 10 sensitivity which is perfect for me, but my OTS sensitivity is on 20 along with my general sensitivity on 20.. as for when to ADS I probably ADS 99.9 percent of the time unless I’m really totallly caught off guard in very very very close quarters that’s when I’ll OTS and that’s why I think it’s key to have the OTS sensivity super high for them quick n tight situations. And i rarely hold breath too because the longer your standing there holding breath scoped in the more chance someone has to shoot u before u shoot them I like the quick peek and fire. A good tip I do in FPP that would work prob better in TPP is if your behind cover and you know where the guy is try to line your crosshair reticle up with him and then once you peek and ads you should be either right over your target or really close to him and you just snap and shoot, no holding breath 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nefariousness said:

I actually don't think I hold my breath at all. Maybe in the rare event Im making a 300+m shot, but even then, I just try to catch my crossways with the sway.....cheek pad, lightweight grip is a must tho.

Best I can tell you is to try and trust 3rd person zoom in from time to time, as well as spray n pray when in super tight close quarter combat....you would not believe how accurate your gun can be even without zooming or ADSing

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nefariousness said:

1. Sorting my sensitivity out - Aim acceleration off, general around 10, over the shoulder around 10, all my scopes are 5/6 except for 3x which is 7/8. Can't remember exactly. This is what works for me, and now a few of my friends. Some players prefer AA on and quite high with scopes lower, work out what works for you.
  2. only holding breath on long-range standstill sniper shots and for the extra zoom on a 1x.
  3. Be sure to crouch to shoot if you can, makes recoil lower. Do not lie down though unless you know you have good cover and are using an LMG, asking to get shot!
  4. Stand still whilst shooting people at mid-long range. Of course don't stand still for too long, but stand still to shoot, then move, then stand and shoot. Shooting while moving is not the way to play PUBG. Go watch clips of Shroud to see evidence of this. In closer combat situations moving side to side a bit is beneficial, especially if you are hip firing.
  5. Use the right scopes for you - some people love the red dots some the holos. Work out what you're best with, for me love a 2x for my main AR/SMG and a 4x for a sniper/DMR. I can't stand the 6x and only take the 3 if I can't find a 4 or 2.
  6. Aim down sights. Using soft aim or whatever is just inaccurate and a crutch you should avoid. So often I spectate people in final zones using soft aim at ridiculous distances and getting destroyed. Very rarely use over the shoulder aim, much better to ADS (anything past about 10m), in very CQC I tend to just hipfire and try to be mobile.
  7. Stop caring about your K.D for a bit and just drop hot a lot and chase down shots. Drop military base, school, pochinki, pecado, power grid, el pozo, bootcamp, paradise, castle. Push shots, if you hear fights go get involved - chances are you'll have the element of surprise and they'll already be weak.
  8. Compensators not suppressors. 25% reduction in recoil is better than being quiet, if you want to get better aim and more kills. Only exceptions for me are the m16, SLR, and bolt action snipers. M16 with a 4x silenced is nasty. Sure using a suppressors makes you harder to pinpoint and maybe on a map like Sanhok with loads of CQC and trees is more useful but by and large, lower recoil is more important.

There are much better players than me on these forums but FYI my current solo K.D this season is over 5.0.

Duos and squads slacking this time around with around 2.0-2.5 kd, but I was top 50 or so in EU duos last season.

I also tend to hot drop a lot which in solos I find more manageable but in Duos/Squads far riskier.

Edited by AntiChunk236602
Clarity
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

I actually don't think I hold my breath at all. Maybe in the rare event Im making a 300+m shot, but even then, I just try to catch my crossways with the sway.....cheek pad, lightweight grip is a must tho.

Best I can tell you is to try and trust 3rd person zoom in from time to time, as well as spray n pray when in super tight close quarter combat....you would not believe how accurate your gun can be even without zooming or ADSing

I don’t even aim in cqc anymore. I rush juke and micro uzi till we are face to face. It messes with the enemy if they are ads at you. 

-Not a +2

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AntiChunk236602 said:
  1. Compensators not suppressors. 25% reduction in recoil is better than being quiet, if you want to get better aim and more kills. Only exceptions for me are the m16, SLR, and bolt action snipers. M16 with a 4x silenced is nasty. Sure using a suppressors makes you harder to pinpoint and maybe on a map like Sanhok with loads of CQC and trees is more useful but by and large, lower recoil is more important.

THIS.  

I only use suppressors on SMG's and my distance weapon.  I always say, if I'm close enough to shoot at someone with a red dot, they're gonna know where I'm at.  So better to use a comp than a suppressor.  SMG's are my exception since they are controllable with just a grip and a comp is not needed (tho, Uzi with a comp and stock is a laser), and since they aren't as loud, you can be 20m from someone and hitting them with a suppressed SMG and they'll have no idea where you are. 

7 minutes ago, zorg00 said:

THIS.  

I only use suppressors on SMG's and my distance weapon.  I always say, if I'm close enough to shoot at someone with a red dot, they're gonna know where I'm at.  So better to use a comp than a suppressor.  SMG's are my exception since they are controllable with just a grip and a comp is not needed (tho, Uzi with a comp and stock is a laser), and since they aren't as loud, you can be 20m from someone and hitting them with a suppressed SMG and they'll have no idea where you are. 

SMGs for sure don't need it up close, however, I still take one over a comp for an SMG except for Sanhok, where i'll probably just go with whatever I find first.

I guess to further my point also, flash hiders do reduce recoil so again, on AR's/for mid range, probably better off taking a flash hider than a suppressor.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nefariousness said:

My best advice would be to master the dead centre of your screen. When you aim in with any scope you want to be either right on them to begin with or just a slight movement if necessary. I see way too many players aiming in and being way off target and having to adjust a lot before they can shoot. 

Have your general sensitivity up as high as you feel comfortable with and your ADS sensitivity lower than general... 

I have all my ADS on 6 but this is completely personal preference, I’d say start off low and work your way up to what you feel is best for you. 

And just practice makes perfect, learning your muscle memory is key. I think I learned a lot quicker once we started hot dropping constantly over and over and racking up the kills will improve you a lot!! I’d say play sanhok but you don’t have that option at the minute haha. 

I’m no savage tho just play for fun with a couple mates who are from my area.

My lifetime KD is 2.26 (higher in last two seasons)

GT - Buckstar Pz 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nefariousness said:

Stop by my stream some time, I'm always willing to help/ give tips to help people improve.
https://mixer.com/zCritic 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuckStar said:

My best advice would be to master the dead centre of your screen. When you aim in with any scope you want to be either right on them to begin with or just a slight movement if necessary. I see way too many players aiming in and being way off target and having to adjust a lot before they can shoot. 

I think this is the best advice.

Have your gun pointed at the bad guy before ADS. Have your gun up at all times in the direction of where the baddies could be.

I had to train myself to maintain my reticle up. I have a tendency to drop my aim as I run. This put me way behind when it came to getting on target for a clean ADS.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zorg00 said:

THIS.  

Agreed, the only time I use a suppressor on an AR is when I can't find a DMR or SR. Kinda a backup sniper.

20 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

u would not believe how accurate your gun can be even without zooming or ADSing

For the longest time I'd ads or Ots aim in every situation but after watching some top players such as ThumblessGaGa I've learned that in very close quarters combat just putting the crosshair center mass and hold down the trigger(RT) is actually really accurate, it's helped me win a bunch of battles that I probably would have lost a few months ago before doing this, I'm not saying that you will 100% win all of these battles because of this but I'd be willing to bet that if you can get this down it'll help you win most close quarters combat situations

3 minutes ago, DaZooKidd said:

For the longest time I'd ads or Ots aim in every situation but after watching some top players such as ThumblessGaGa I've learned that in very close quarters combat just putting the crosshair center mass and hold down the trigger(RT) is actually really accurate, it's helped me win a bunch of battles that I probably would have lost a few months ago before doing this, I'm not saying that you will 100% win all of these battles because of this but I'd be willing to bet that if you can get this down it'll help you win most close quarters combat situations

Started doing this because I was dead by the time I aimed down site or shoulder

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Started doing this because I was dead by the time I aimed down site or shoulder

You can always start shooting hip fire and then go to OTS or ADS if needs be...