Sign in to follow this  
wizardO3

New "WEIRD" weapons?

Ok, so after some super naughty crossbow action here of late, Im kinda curiouse as to what kind of weird weapons we may want or would like to see in the future...

Now before I continue, Yez, dey ned two fix dur geem, wez wantz 60000 FPS, paple walkin truh dey wallz, ect. ect. 

With all that out of the way for you people, I was curious as to what kind of weird weapons we want. And yes, I know. 50 cal. sniper rifle, desert eagle, yadda yadda.....Im thinking more weird weapons. More like a compound bow....One shots lvl 2 and 1 helmets, but shoots faster than crossbow. Can also attach red dot only, and of course the carrying pouch to speed up reloading.

Another one, a simple blow gun....With many similarities to the crossbows limitations {bullet velocity, drop, ect. ect.} A blow gun idea could use multiple mechanics already in game, but would give the game a SUPER stealthy alternative to the loud "thunder sticks". May have to work on the damage though as a quick death from poison darts may not be exciting enough.

Sadly, the last one I got, they advertised last year, but never pushed on. A shield of some kind…..maybe it only absorbs 50% of damage that hits it, and it can slowly fall apart. Or "break" like our vests and helmets already do......dunno, but I feel like we are missing something here.

How bout you, the weirder and yet super effective it is, the bigger the bonus points.

• Haha 2
  • RIP 1

I wouldn't mind a taser being in the game. Think of the trolling you could do with it and the fun. Getting close enough to tase people lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A blow gun? lol.

How about a feather duster to tickle people to death with.

I'm gonna say it - FIX THE BLOODY GAME before adding anymore pointless crap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 2

mk19 grenade launcher - crate weapon, must be mounted in a vehicle to operate (could be fun)

shirukens

flamethrower

CS gas grenade

harpoon

and last but not least, a ballista that you have to gather the parts for before you can use it, then mount it to the top of a building 😂😂😂😂

I’d be intrigued with a modern day Blackpowder (muzzleloader) rifle similar to the crossbow only with a longer reload time and higher accuracy at longer distance.  It would load with an 8x scope and 5 sabot slugs...the added risk to using the weapon would be the loud bang and cloud of smoke (easy to locate shooter).

27 minutes ago, fixthegamenow said:

A blow gun? lol.

How about a feather duster to tickle people to death with.

lmao i genuinely laughed at this

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Preysler said:

I wouldn't mind a taser being in the game. Think of the trolling you could do with it and the fun. Getting close enough to tase people lol

Have to admit, taser would be cool. Not sure how exactly we could implement it tho

22 hours ago, Vyper 55z said:

mk19 grenade launcher - crate weapon, must be mounted in a vehicle to operate (could be fun)

shirukens

flamethrower

CS gas grenade

harpoon

and last but not least, a ballista that you have to gather the parts for before you can use it, then mount it to the top of a building 😂😂😂😂

nade launcher, especially on car, would be a rather OP thing....people blasting, running over, and using the vehicle as cover....big unno about it

I was thinking about adding some sort of throwing object to the list, shuriken's are perfect! Silent, but deadly! :P

Flame thrower is iffy, needs to be short range, but it would make house clearing simple and easy!

Gas nade has potential, blurred vision and slowly dieing…..would make anyone behind cover think twice.

and a harpoon gun would be awesome XD

what the heck is a ballista?

22 hours ago, Benrockdog said:

I’d be intrigued with a modern day Blackpowder (muzzleloader) rifle similar to the crossbow only with a longer reload time and higher accuracy at longer distance.  It would load with an 8x scope and 5 sabot slugs...the added risk to using the weapon would be the loud bang and cloud of smoke (easy to locate shooter).

Hmm, gun has high bullet velocity so very little bullet drop, nearly zero adjustments for moveing targets, and comes pre equipped with an 8x scope?...….dude, that sounds like a crate weapon!

4 hours ago, fixthegamenow said:

👊

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wizardO3 said:

nade launcher, especially on car, would be a rather OP thing....people blasting, running over, and using the vehicle as cover....big unno about it

I was thinking about adding some sort of throwing object to the list, shuriken's are perfect! Silent, but deadly! :P

Flame thrower is iffy, needs to be short range, but it would make house clearing simple and easy!

Gas nade has potential, blurred vision and slowly dieing…..would make anyone behind cover think twice.

Think of a crossbow, and then enlarge it like 10 times. That’s essentially a ballista. If I can shoot somebody and pin their body to a tree I’m all for it 😂

• Like 1

I've always thought PUBG should have different maps that were different weapons and time periods completely.  Like a wild west map, where it's all cowboys and horses and shit. Then RDR2 came out.. but still, lol.

3 hours ago, Chefboyarnie88 said:

Think of a crossbow, and then enlarge it like 10 times. That’s essentially a ballista. If I can shoot somebody and pin their body to a tree I’m all for it 😂

sounds kinda like a long bow of sorts

12 hours ago, Preysler said:

Just read the ops post and immediately thought tazer 😂

Edited by MajorClagNut

I would like to see more variety of the melee weapons like a Katana, Axe(why isnt it in the game already?), medieval mace(LOL) and rework the melee system a bit as its so bad at the moment 

14 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

Well they answered your question about the ballista. Ancient warfare weapon, shoots spears instead of arrows lol. Honestly, with how brutal the weaponry was back then I don't know why we ever needed guns.

Anyway, I think the mk19 could still be balanced. Limited ammo, make it so it doesn't explode within 75 meters (that's the nearest safe distance to launch in combat in real life), and make it so that mounting it to a vehicle causes the vehicle's top speed to drop by 15 or 25%. Something like that. I'm just picturing epic vehicle on vehicle combat where everyone is trying to blow each other up with automatic grenade launchers lol.

I agree a flamethrower would need a short range, maybe 15 feet.

And as someone who has had a CS grenade dropped into their foxhole by a drill sergeant who thought it would be funny, let me tell you-- if a game can ever mimic the "omfgican'tfuckingbreatheandthisshitburns" effect that those things have on you, it would be amazing.

But I had another thought-- there should definitely be some kind of RPG in this game.

Some sort of throwing knife would be cool. Honestly I think this game needs more LMGs than anything else right now for diversity of gameplay. It’s a shame the dp is only on one map.

20 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

Hmm, gun has high bullet velocity so very little bullet drop, nearly zero adjustments for moveing targets, and comes pre equipped with an 8x scope?...….dude, that sounds like a crate weapon!

I’m not sure I agree...with a long reload time (2x crossbow) and obvious sight/sound tells, I think the gun would be a decent fit for loading in the map.  It would be the gun equivalent of the crossbow...one headshot kills, however, rather than short range and quiet, you have long range and loud.  Furthermore, the shooter has to move after one shot because of a cloud of residual smoke.  All in all, it would be a well balanced addition.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, Vyper 55z said:

shirukens

flamethrower

CS gas grenade

harpoon

A gas grenade would be perfect for building clearing.

16 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

Think bigger

That may require a gas can or two, and the SUV to tow, also trying to hit someone on the run would be a straight up illegal. :P

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

I would like to see more variety of the melee weapons like a Katana, Axe(why isnt it in the game already?), medieval mace(LOL) and rework the melee system a bit as its so bad at the moment 

I agree completely. Surprised it took them so long to add some form of baseball bat.....I mean come on!
And I am totally waiting for a shovel....we need a shovel to the face!

5 hours ago, Stuffedcrust21 said:

😂 a ye olde cannon on top of one of the towers at castle... 

I like this, the last guy alive at castle using a cannon to protect the bridges.....oh yeah.
Heck, add 4 of em for squads XD

4 hours ago, Benrockdog said:

I’m not sure I agree...with a long reload time (2x crossbow) and obvious sight/sound tells, I think the gun would be a decent fit for loading in the map.  It would be the gun equivalent of the crossbow...one headshot kills, however, rather than short range and quiet, you have long range and loud.  Furthermore, the shooter has to move after one shot because of a cloud of residual smoke.  All in all, it would be a well balanced addition.

well because it has a high velocity round and an 8x scope already attatched, as well as a one shot to the noggin, I feel like it would be anouther AWM, granted it still has disadvantages, but the fact that it already has an 8x on it, it feels super OP.....can't tell you how many times I got a AWM, but sadly no scope....this is just like that, but without a scope problem.