Sign in to follow this  
magicmittsmase

Leaning left while ADS-ing - FPP

Not sure if anyone else encounters this but I find it extremely frustrating. Whenever I am in a gun battle and I lean left while ADS-ing (click in left stick) it initiates the auto sprint on my character so that when I exit ADS and attempt to re position my player it makes movement very clunky for a few seconds until I can cancel the auto sprint feature. Seems a bit weird as I'm pretty sure auto sprint is only enabled when you double click the LS in so I'm not sure why holding it is initiating my auto sprint feature. Is this just me or do others feel the same? If I'm not alone, is there anyway to counteract this occurring?

may try switching to the controller B layout that requires you to hold the ADS button, before you can lean left or right.

44 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

Thats weird. 

What control type are you using? 

I use type B....Got used to holding down left trigger to ADS in other shooter games like COD MW3, so when they introduced PUBG with the original "double tap to ADS" I got super tweaked out about it, thank god they added type B. I was starting to freak out

See the source image

Edited by wizardO3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I rarely even use the leaning.. My hands just don't seem evolved enough to even try.

I also can't get into jumping while running, and even that looting dance asks too much of me.

2 hours ago, Rock1obsta said:

Maybe you're clicking it twice by accident? Does it do it every time?

I guess if I click left stick to lean and then click it again to reset that could be doing it but often times I will just click it once, exit ADS and it still puts me into auto sprint. Maybe my joystick is broken or something - doesnt appear others are running into this.

4 hours ago, sumlittlepunk said:

I rarely even use the leaning.. My hands just don't seem evolved enough to even try.

I also can't get into jumping while running, and even that looting dance asks too much of me.

I love leaning! I'm pissed every time I play another shooter now that doesn't have it.

3 hours ago, magicmittsmase said:

I guess if I click left stick to lean and then click it again to reset that could be doing it but often times I will just click it once, exit ADS and it still puts me into auto sprint. Maybe my joystick is broken or something - doesnt appear others are running into this.

double clicking lean should result in a lean-unlean (in thats a word) motion.

It might be your controller. Have you tried it in tpp? try tpp but in first person as well.