I’m not saying I’m gonna leave.

I’m not saying I love Apex or Blackout etc.

I am saying that all it takes is for a developer to take the bull by the horns and release a functional BR in the same spirit as Pubg and it’s all over.

Given the impact of Apex (like it or not a lot of people are playing this instead), I am amazed that no software house has taken any notice of feedback to Bluehole and thought “mmm if we just listened and did this, we would simultaneously print money whilst destroying the current competition” 

I really do love pubg but I can only see it’s a matter of time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish someone would...or even better, pubg fix the FPS and desync and fulfill the potential. It’s by far my favourite game, probably of all time but when you play games like apex, it really exemplifies how bad pubg actually plays. Nothing beats the rush of pubg though and no aim assist gives pride that Apex and Blackout can’t match. RoE could maybe be very close to PUBG but they don’t seem to be bringing that console any time soon either unfortunately.

• Like 1

I feel the same way. I could care less for all the other battle royal games out there right now. I just don't like the comic book arcade like gameplay. I am not putting it down or anything... To each there own but it's just my opinion.  I really wished ghost recon wildlands did a battle royal with all there gun options. I am hoping maybe battlefields firestorm is good. No to thrilled with the era of weapon though.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wildbill336 said:

I feel the same way. I could care less for all the other battle royal games out there right now. I just don't like the comic book arcade like gameplay. I am not putting it down or anything... To each there own but it's just my opinion.  I really wished ghost recon wildlands did a battle royal with all there gun options. I am hoping maybe battlefields firestorm is good. No to thrilled with the era of weapon though.

I always say wildlands needs to do a BR mode. The map. The graphics. The guns. Everything would be soooo dope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildbill336 said:

Exactly the same dude. I hope firestorm is good, I just wish it was modern, not WW2 😞

2 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

I am saying that all it takes is for a developer to take the bull by the horns and release a functional BR in the same spirit as Pubg and it’s all over.

Given the impact of Apex (like it or not a lot of people are playing this instead), I am amazed that no software house has taken any notice of feedback to Bluehole and thought “mmm if we just listened and did this, we would simultaneously print money whilst destroying the current competition” 

You make a good point. 

Back when pubg and Fortnite were breaking records for sales and concurrent players and such, surely every games maker looked at that, and wanted a piece. But all the copies have been much more toward the Fortnite end, and nothing in the way of pubg clones.

Is it the fact that the realistic graphics, the amount of players and size of the map, the sheer scale of what pubg is putting out, and the load it places on the hardware, just isn't possible to make run smoothly?

And if that's the case, are bluehole just trying to fit square pegs into round holes? It kinda feels that way after the last year

1 hour ago, Migwar said:

You make a good point. 

Back when pubg and Fortnite were breaking records for sales and concurrent players and such, surely every games maker looked at that, and wanted a piece. But all the copies have been much more toward the Fortnite end, and nothing in the way of pubg clones.

Is it the fact that the realistic graphics, the amount of players and size of the map, the sheer scale of what pubg is putting out, and the load it places on the hardware, just isn't possible to make run smoothly?

And if that's the case, are bluehole just trying to fit square pegs into round holes? It kinda feels that way after the last year

This is a good take on a theory as to why no one has attempted anything even close to pubg, fortnite seems to be the go to option for other developers, maybe that's why firestorm is releasing later, maybe there were gameplay or efficiency issues encountered with the whole destructive content in a royale, there shouldn't be as battlefield has been doing big server matches for ages but it does seem odd that no one else has attempted to recreate what pubg could be (in terms of fps and other issues) not greatness as it's great even with the issues 🙂

4 hours ago, Migwar said:

You make a good point. 

2 hours ago, WainZ0r said:

This is a good take on a theory as to why no one has attempted anything even close to pubg, fortnite seems to be the go to option for other developers, maybe that's why firestorm is releasing later, maybe there were gameplay or efficiency issues encountered with the whole destructive content in a royale, there shouldn't be as battlefield has been doing big server matches for ages but it does seem odd that no one else has attempted to recreate what pubg could be (in terms of fps and other issues) not greatness as it's great even with the issues 🙂

Well, from a sales/player base perspective, it actually makes more sense to try to take away from Fortnite, since it is (unfortunately) more popular and more successful. Additionally, I would guess that PUBG players are generally more "hardcore" fans and therefore more loyal to their game. It would be interesting to see the cross-section of players from fortnite who jump to apex vs those from PUBG.

If 10% of fortnite players switched to Apex it would be far more lucrative for Respawn than if 10% of PUBG players switched.

All we really need is for Ubisoft to make a battle royale a la splinter cell and it's all over.

18 minutes ago, Vyper 55z said:

Well, from a sales/player base perspective, it actually makes more sense to try to take away from Fortnite, since it is (unfortunately) more popular and more successful. Additionally, I would guess that PUBG players are generally more "hardcore" fans and therefore more loyal to their game. It would be interesting to see the cross-section of players from fortnite who jump to apex vs those from PUBG.

If 10% of fortnite players switched to Apex it would be far more lucrative for Respawn than if 10% of PUBG players switched.

All we really need is for Ubisoft to make a battle royale a la splinter cell and it's all over.

Ubisoft could make a screamer BR👍

Edited by Marked For Death
  • Like 1

Massive, the Ubisoft development team behind the division, is supposedly working on a stand alone BR. 

31 minutes ago, Vyper 55z said:

EA's stock was trading at $80 a share last week. Now it's $100, mostly because of the hype behind apex. Will be interesting to see EAs second quarter earnings. I think anthem, another EA game, is going to fail, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just now, Cliq said:

EA's stock was trading at $80 a share last week. Now it's $100, mostly because of the hype behind apex. Will be interesting to see EAs second quarter earnings. I think anthem, another EA game, is going to fail, unfortunately.

The demo for Anthem was certainly lackluster but it was still a lot of fun. If they handle the launch correctly I think it will do okay. I refuse to buy EA stock, though, because in my opinion EA is the reason we have microtransactions in literally every fookin game on the planet now and it's ridiculous.

I want a Microsoft's battlegrounds. Keep it realistic and stealthy, but maybe throw in a halo warthog. Maybe that chainsaw rifle from gears of war... Little touches like that.

• Like 2

What version of apex are you guys playing? Fucking lag at drop like nobody's business, SLOOOWWWW movement, TTK is absurd just like blackout, it really doesnt play well.

With that said, I dont hate it, and dont mind playing it with my friends but it's like playing pubg or blackout on half speed and its generally boring.

I've played apex and I'm not a huge fan. It's definitely smoother and all but I still prefer pubg for sure. Has anyone played the division's survival mode? Not really a BR but kind of similar. It seemed to run pretty good with alot of extra mechanics to it. I'd like to see them do a true BR version. Maybe for the backstory do it as the beginning of the outbreak and theres a helo coming (like RoE) but only has space for 1, 2 or 4. Obbiously dont have all the extra agent gadgets just bare bones. Just think they could do a good one

On 2/13/2019 at 5:56 AM, hugeAXE WOUND said:

A remake of Socom "BR edition"  🤣

Screw Apex or Blackout, its all about Tetris BR taking over now, watch out Bluehole