Sign in to follow this  
blckadr1980

Unreal Engine Version?

Hi any body know what unreal engine version the xbox is using. 

I'm hoping we are looking at going to .21 version.

And I really hope we are not still on less than .17 

Any devs on here know?

17 minutes ago, blckadr1980 said:

Hi any body know what unreal engine version the xbox is using. 

I'm hoping we are looking at going to .21 version.

And I really hope we are not still on less than .17 

Any devs on here know?

Lol, with that kind of performance of course we are not on more than 4.16 or 17,

When PUBG will get the latest version (with most important Vulkan support) then we will get at least 30% boost in fps

• Like 1

Still 4.16.

Which is hiliarious because they were complaining about Epic Games not offering any help, yet they are still using an old build that doesn't have a ton of what Epic has done.

They have their own updates to their build of course, but we can see how well that's going considering the game is regressing everytime they update it.

Edited by headspawn
  • Like 2

That would explain a few things lime why we get performance drops in rendering. I can only find ref to the PC version.  I hope the code is being reworked behind the scenes for the upgraded engine 

5 hours ago, beavykins said:

According to this post this would solve most of the problems that they claim to have on the "dev reports" my guess is that they are looking to either use a completely different engine or they don't want to use anything else that is created by epic. I don't see any other reason to why they wouldn't update this to make the game run better on all platforms!

After the last update the Unreal Engine logo don't show up anymore when I start PUBG.

Do you think PUBG Corp switched to their own systems?

Is it possible to create a game without U.E.?

I don't know. I guess so..

Edited by loyalityy

Its probably got so much custom code in at this stage that it’s like a patchwork quilt of bug fixes keeping it together, it wouldn’t be a simple process to update. My hope is that they are beavering away behind the scenes and they will suddenly announce a huge improvement... but I doubt it. It will probably just be PUBG2.

Firstly PUBG tried to sue epic, u really think they would help them in the future ? I think they have a contract on this engine, but a new one, no way..

Updating a game engine is an incredibly difficult thing to do, especially when the current version of the engine has been extensively modified to suit PUBG's needs.

Think of it like trying to put a modern day ferrari engine into one from the 70's - connectors won't just line up, a ton of modifications would be needed to make it fit, let alone all the work that would be required to upgrade the electronics so the engine could actually talk to the car and thats just assuming it was a stock version of the car with no modifications too!

I'm sure they would love to be able to just flip a switch and update to the latest version, but i can assure you (as a software engineer myself) its not even remotely that simple.

• Thanks 2

We know it's not that simple just highlighting best possible fix. I know they will be using there own version based on UE. And they dont have a contract UE is free for all you just pay epic for royalties. So it wouldn't be out of the question for epic to help. In a way they have they have updated the engine (that fortnite uses) ping just needs to update. I presume this is what's being done behind the scenes. Would be kind of useful if this is the information we get in the dev letter?  Changing the engine would be out of the question that's something pubg 2 could implement  though if needed . 

Well this is very sad news, meaning we won't get the fps boost everyone expect in the near future, Fortnite got 30% more fps with 4.20. And it is really difficult to understand that PUBG Corp can do better on its own in terms of graphics than the Unreal engine team dedicated to it 🤔

Edited by lephilou

20 minutes ago, lephilou said:

Well this is very sad news, meaning we won't get the fps boost everyone expect in the near future, Fortnite got 30% more fps with 4.20. And it is really difficult to understand that PUBG Corp can do better on its own in terms of graphics than the Unreal engine team dedicated to it 🤔

Who says that it won't happen? I just pointed out that its a tough task, not that its impossible or unlikely to happen :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

t

2 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Who says that it won't happen? I just pointed out that its a tough task, not that its impossible or unlikely to happen :)

my kids will be fully grown when this will happen  :|  sorry for the hate . but i'm disappointed . 

p.s. - i don't have kids yet. 

Edited by ciuxui
  • Haha 2

Ok you didn't say it won't happen but informations on this matter are very dark, there is no real information as for the dev reports who never deliver any schedules

I got an SSD 2 weeks ago, but really i feel bad for the people without it, it's very bad for the community to leave issues like this, also i suffer from ghost in castle for example...

Edited by lephilou

I really wish they would build an engine from the ground up just for PUBG or get the frostbite engine. But, I've been saying that since spring.

49 minutes ago, lephilou said:

Ok you didn't say it won't happen but informations on this matter are very dark, there is no real information as for the dev reports who never deliver any schedules

Thats pretty typical when it comes to a alot of things when setting a public dates as problems can arise that are totally unexpected and unavoidable.

If you overestimate how long it might take to complete something then people might look at the date and say "thats too far away".

If you underestimate, miss the announced date and push it back further then people will complain that the date was missed.

Public dates are usually only given when they are certain of if

20 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Thats pretty typical when it comes to a alot of things when setting a public dates as problems can arise that are totally unexpected and unavoidable.

If you overestimate how long it might take to complete something then people might look at the date and say "thats too far away".

If you underestimate, miss the announced date and push it back further then people will complain that the date was missed.

Public dates are usually only given when they are certain of if

I understand this but not saying anything at all and people will just stop playing the game in general say as they feel nothing will ever change or we're just waiting for something that will never change the game.