Sign in to follow this  
ericthegreat

APEX

I played APEX today....terrible. I heard here people saying it would take away from PUBG and is so much better. It's a Fortnite clone, and I hate Fortnite. APEX is just as bad for the same reasons.

PUBG is simpler, laid back, tacticle, not so insane with a million menu functions and crazy play. In this world there are two kinds of people, Fortnite or PUBG. I don't think you can be both. The line in the Sand is drawn, choose a side!

• Confused 1

I like pubg but come on apex is fun and just shows even on console you can get a battle royale working just fine. I'm in favour of them throwing this pubg in the trash and starting again from the bottom. 

32 minutes ago, conman409 said:

Apex is a great game and so's PUBG, it's OK to like both.

Well said, aside from the core battle royale concept they are almost entirely different games. Three man squads only, overwatch style characters, fast paced gameplay and energy weapons, it's basically a less shit version of fortnite. Kind of like a middle ground between pubg and fortnite. I prefer it as a less stressful version of pubg, I'm going to keep playing both. I think it has a lot of hype at the moment because of the smart marketing of having it come right out of the blue but that'll die down in a while and it'll settle into it's own niche.

It says something that in this day and age the smart marketing was to release the product with no hype whatsoever. 

Most games today get released in an early access form, and then get developed as people play. They chose to fully develop to a polished product that they had absolutely no idea anyone would play, and just launch it. 

I knew nothing about it until 48 hours before it released. And most of my friends hadn't even heard about it until it was actually available. It was obviously well planned with streamers lined up to play, a trailer all ready to go, a tournament all set to start..

Very clever imo

Some said they kept it quiet because of the bad publicity that EA and their wokeness got with battlefield. 

Apex basically took best functions from most games and compiled it to fast pace zones. having different team compositions play out to how each player wants to complement each other. Having a medic class, having a defensive class or even just plain damage dealers creates roles for people to play. In pubg the only class you get is what weapons you pick up.