ASTR4L ASC3NT

FPP Players in TPP Game

I'm finding it near impossible to get into an FPP game, whether it be solo, duos or squads. Have to wait for up to 5 minutes and sometimes it doesn't even find a match anyways.

As an FPP player I hate having to go into a TPP game, where other players can peek corners and ledges without exposing themselves. It does put FPP players at a bit of a disadvantage if they're unable to get into a FPP match.

Before the butthurt dudes chime in here saying that it's perfectly fair because I could use TPP as well, I do realize that. I wish more people played in FPP so we could actually get into games without having to wait for 5 minutes. Unfortunately I don't see any way of getting more people in the FPP games. Thoughts?

Edited by ASTR4L ASC3NT
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

I'm finding it near impossible to get into an FPP game, whether it be solo, duos or squads. Have to wait for up to 5 minutes and sometimes it doesn't even find a match anyways.

As an FPP player I hate having to go into a TPP game, where other players can peek corners and ledges without exposing themselves. It does put FPP players at a bit of a disadvantage if they're unable to get into a FPP match.

Before the butthurt dudes chime in here saying that it's perfectly fair because I could use TPP as well, I do realize that. I wish more people played in FPP so we could actually get into games without having to wait for 5 minutes. Unfortunately I don't see any way of getting more people in the FPP games. Thoughts?

Switch to PC or get used to using TPP advantage teqniues. The only reason I don’t play FPP is because there’s not as much players and I like to play where the majority plays, because if you can beat the majority it actually feels like an accomplishment. You can thank this broken map release for killing FPP on Xbox. 

I havent had any issues, NA server 3pm-10pm EST 

I will occasionally warm up in TPP, its pretty satisfying to run out into the open (instead of TPP peeking behind cover) and out shoot people who have the advantage 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

FPP shouldn't be allowed on TPP anyway

Why? You'd think TPP players would be all for having FPP players in their games is they're naturally at a disadvantage.

45 minutes ago, Yowusupmuhboi said:

Switch to PC or get used to using TPP advantage teqniues. The only reason I don’t play FPP is because there’s not as much players and I like to play where the majority plays, because if you can beat the majority it actually feels like an accomplishment. You can thank this broken map release for killing FPP on Xbox. 

I am in the process of building a PC right now. Decided to make the switch a long time ago but just haven't recieved all the parts yet.

" Because if you can beat the majority it feels like an accomplishment " What does that even mean? Any time you win a game, you " Beat the majority " regardless of whether it's TPP of FPP.

What makes you think it's the new map that killed FPP? I've always had a hard time finding FPP matches, it just takes a minute or two longer now than it did before. I'm not sure that indicates that it was the map that put people off... I'm thinking it was more the lag/de-sync issues that put lots of people off in general.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

Just cross your fingers for these to things to happen:

1) pubg goes free to play

2) pubg gets crossplay between sony and xbox.

This will most likely help FPP. I'll admit I'm surprised the FOV slider setting hasnt brought over more players to FPP. It used to be the main complaint against FPP but oh well I guess.

4 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

I am in the process of building a PC right now. Decided to make the switch a long time ago but just haven't recieved all the parts yet.

" Because if you can beat the majority it feels like an accomplishment " What does that even mean? Any time you win a game, you " Beat the majority " regardless of whether it's TPP of FPP.

What makes you think it's the new map that killed FPP? I've always had a hard time finding FPP matches, it just takes a minute or two longer now than it did before. I'm not sure that indicates that it was the map that put people off... I'm thinking it was more the lag/de-sync issues that put lots of people off in general.

You always had a hard time finding FPP solos? Because I could always get one no matter the time whenever I felt like switching it up before the update. 

When I play fpp I have that feeling am I going to load up with people I’ve been playing all day or earlier this week where’s the thrill in beating the same dudes. Am I gonna load up on some dirty connection since there’s not many players it’s probably loading me in on a dirty Ohio server 90% of the time. Am I going to load up with guys that are teaming? Since it takes 2 minutes to fill one server during peak hours guys could team anytime of the day. My estimation is tpp has 4 times more active players then FPP so there’s 4 times more of a chance of beating skilled players. I’m beating more people not the same people that’s what I mean by majority. A less chance of a dirty connection, less chance of crossing paths with teamers. And once you make it to the leaderboard? Where is the completion? It’s to easy.

Last night around 2am me and my buddy were wanting to play fpp we would ready up, but it would make us un ready is this a bug? I have no desire to play corner peek games.

42 minutes ago, theelitest17 said:

Last night around 2am me and my buddy were wanting to play fpp we would ready up, but it would make us un ready is this a bug? I have no desire to play corner peek games.

If by bug you mean dead playlist then your answer is yes. Probably means there’s no players searching.

Edited by Yowusupmuhboi

1 hour ago, dgood8635 said:

Just cross your fingers for these to things to happen:

1) pubg goes free to play

2) pubg gets crossplay between sony and xbox.

This will most likely help FPP. I'll admit I'm surprised the FOV slider setting hasnt brought over more players to FPP. It used to be the main complaint against FPP but oh well I guess.

That's a good point about the FOV slider. Ps-xbox crossplay is probably the only way to get more matches in FPP. That would be nice

1 hour ago, Yowusupmuhboi said:

You always had a hard time finding FPP solos? Because I could always get one no matter the time whenever I felt like switching it up before the update. 

When I play fpp I have that feeling am I going to load up with people I’ve been playing all day or earlier this week where’s the thrill in beating the same dudes. Am I gonna load up on some dirty connection since there’s not many players it’s probably loading me in on a dirty Ohio server 90% of the time. Am I going to load up with guys that are teaming? Since it takes 2 minutes to fill one server during peak hours guys could team anytime of the day. My estimation is tpp has 4 times more active players then FPP so there’s 4 times more of a chance of beating skilled players. I’m beating more people not the same people that’s what I mean by majority. A less chance of a dirty connection, less chance of crossing paths with teamers. And once you make it to the leaderboard? Where is the completion? It’s to easy.

If you're talking specifically about being able to play against different players every time rather than the same guys playing FPP, I understand your point here. I dont think there are so few FPP players that you would repeatedly end up in the game with.

48 minutes ago, theelitest17 said:

Since the latest hotfix, I havent had any issues with readying up. Last night I played for about 3 hours and only managed to get into 2 FPP matches before waiting 5+ minutes and deciding to play FPP in a TPP game.

1 hour ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

Why? You'd think TPP players would be all for having FPP players in their games is they're naturally at a disadvantage.

Well it would get rid of the M&K players for a start.

Sick of the FPP players whining. PUBG is a TPP game, so either wait in the que for FPP or play a different game

• Confused 1

I dont mind FPP but prefer TPP because gun fights are much much better.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

That's a good point about the FOV slider. Ps-xbox crossplay is probably the only way to get more matches in FPP. That would be nice

That would be nice but will never happen. When has this ever happened for any game? These are 2 competitors you’re talking about.

2 minutes ago, Rivz said:

I dont mind FPP but prefer TPP because gun fights are much much better.

People with higher pings are at a disadvantage then people with lower pings. But when people play tpp they can compete against lower pings using the TPP advantage teqniques. Therefore majority will like tpp because any trash connection can beat a good connection.

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Well it would get rid of the M&K players for a start.

Sick of the FPP players whining. PUBG is a TPP game, so either wait in the que for FPP or play a different game

How would it get rid of M&K users? That makes no sense. You assume that all M&K users are FPP players. Got anything to back that up?

Out of the hundreds of thousands- sometimes up to a million people playing the game, how many do you really think have gone out of their way to get an M&K? You make it seem like a much bigger issue than it actually is. Sure it's annoying and not how the game is supposed to be played, but how many times have you actually been killed by one? Probably not many.

" Sick of FPP players whining " the funny thing about you saying this is that if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't be very happy either and I'm sure you'd be vocal about it.

" PUBG is a TPP game " if it's a TPP game, then why did they even make it so players can use FPP? You're not making a whole lot of sense here.

Have a look on XIM website. It only works in FPP.

Yeah I maybe would bitch if roles were reversed. Or maybe I'd go play a dedicated PTT game without excessively long queue times.

FPP was added after game release to maximise profits. Pure greed...

And there are huge numbers user XIM. My friends teenage son uses it alongside radar. He tells me all his friends do. "Why wouldn't you?" he asks.

Unfortunately my friend isn't a gamer, and won't take the belt to his son!

I've observed him playing PUBG a few times now. XIM really does give experienced PC players a massive advantage on console. Radar stops you being ambushed, but you still have to win the fight with the people you hunt down. Friends son seems to prefer shooting combatants in the back as they run for the circle.

In today's culture of BS friends and likes, number of kills seems to be more important than the quality of kills for the kids and young adults. Bunch of sad t**** if you ask me

• Like 2

Why most of if not all the top PC streamers perfer fpp just go check out the latest PUBG tournament only fpp involved not a word mentioned about TPP or it would be a corner peeking contest. All in all FPP is far more superior and at best, the best way to play realistically with just by using sound not camera.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HeadShot said:

And there are huge numbers user XIM. My friends teenage son uses it alongside radar. He tells me all his friends do. "Why wouldn't you?" he asks.

Unfortunately my friend isn't a gamer, and won't take the belt to his son!

I've observed him playing PUBG a few times now. XIM really does give experienced PC players a massive advantage on console. Radar stops you being ambushed, but you still have to win the fight with the people you hunt down. Friends son seems to prefer shooting combatants in the back as they run for the circle.

In today's culture of BS friends and likes, number of kills seems to be more important than the quality of kills for the kids and young adults. Bunch of sad t**** if you ask me

So your friends son and his friends use xim.. still doesnt mean they are a rampant issue. I would love to see some clips of these M&K users you claim are everywhere. Fact is the odds of being killed by an M&K user is 0 if you're a TPP Player. 9 times out of 10 the guy who complains about all the M&K users is just garbage at the game and feels the need to blame anything but themselves. I've spectated many people in FPP games and there's a certain twitch that makes it obvious someone is using M&K. The movements are very snappy and not smooth at all. Have yet to see an M&K user in any of my matches.

This should be common sense, but people need to realize that simply having a K&M does not make you better nor give you an advantage. It only does if you're experienced and are used to using them.. then absolutely!

I'd be reporting my friends son if I found out he was using radar or " esp " as some call it..

Edited by ASTR4L ASC3NT

42 minutes ago, theelitest17 said:

Why most of if not all the top PC streamers perfer fpp just go check out the latest PUBG tournament only fpp involved not a word mentioned about TPP or it would be a corner peeking contest. All in all FPP is far more superior and at best, the best way to play realistically with just by using sound not camera.

Yeah... tournaments are all FPP, All best players are FPP...  But " Pubg is a TPP game " according to headshot.

• Haha 1

Ever since the past update I find FPP games quicker than before. I’m in NA so that could be a reasoning but honestly since vikendis launch I have yet to wait longer than a minute for an FPP match whether it be solos duos or 1 man squads I get in them no problem. FPP playerbase is big enough to keep FPP alive and I hope it only gets bigger but if FPP were to ever die out fully sad to say I’d quit playing the game but I don’t see it happening anytime soon so 

• Like 3