Sign in to follow this  
Jay Mazzy

Grenade spamming is a big unaddressed problem

Grenades already weigh a decent amount despite their comparatively small size. I don't really think the grenades are that much of a problem and I honestly don't remember the last time I've been killed in a grenade bombardment. Usually the grenades that get me were just single ones that were very well timed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2019 at 12:34 PM, LuckImpaired said:

Here we go with another...." I don't like the way someone else has decided to play the game so the developers need to address it to force them to play the way I want them to play" threads.

I think we should get a new sub-forum and it can be titled: Make Them Conform Then all these "concerns" can be posted there and ignored as a group by everyone, including the developers.

I don't like it when people spam bullets from guns at me. I don't play PUBG to get shot at...

• Haha 1

there ios a mission the throw 10 grenades in a single round .. only being able to carry 2 will make that mission quite hard.

• RIP 1

If they have a lot of grenades, that means they have either low ammo or low meds.

Think of it like you would think of a crate weapon. They found all those frags, so they have the right to use them.

1 hour ago, R315r4z0r said:

If they have a lot of grenades, that means they have either low ammo or low meds.

Think of it like you would think of a crate weapon. They found all those frags, so they have the right to use them.

I carry at least 3 smokes always. 1 nade if I find it. Once I hit top ten I loot my kills for extra smokes and nades. Drop other crap I won't need.... Like DMR's and switch to a second CQC of the same ammo type.

Nade wise I mainly use smoke as decoys and frags to flush out snakes and rock humpers.

Since months ago when grenade weight was increased the spam is better, but sometimes happens to find an enemy "grenadier" who seems to carry only grenades and starts to bury you with explosions of any kind...

I think that backpacks should allow for a fixed grenade slot, something like:

- lvl1 -> 3 grenades slot;

- lvl2 -> 4 grenade slot;

- lvl3 -> 5 grenade slot.

• RIP 1

43 minutes ago, SoulbringerITA said:

Since months ago when grenade weight was increased the spam is better, but sometimes happens to find an enemy "grenadier" who seems to carry only grenades and starts to bury you with explosions of any kind...

But its just a choice you make when filling your bag what you fill it with.

carry 10 grenades and you wont have as many meds or as much ammo.  Something has to give, I have been known to have like 7 grenades and then start dropping them as I find other stuff I want.  one time I had a lvl 3 backpack filled with fuel cans .. like I had maybe 10 of them, a little ammo maybe 60 spare rounds, and 2 bandages when I died .. I would have loved to see / hear the guys reaction when he looted my body late game probably desperate for meds after our battle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 1

45 minutes ago, SoulbringerITA said:

Disagree.

It's already been said in numerous threads before this one.

You carry a lot of grenades at the detriment of other gear; ammo, meds etc. especially in a solo match.

Not so bad in squads but if 4 of you are carrying 3 grenades then you can blow the crap out of an area anyway

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

one time I had a lvl 3 backpack filled with fuel cans .. like I had maybe 10 of them, a little ammo maybe 60 spare rounds, and 2 bandages when I died .. I would have loved to see / hear the guys reaction when he looted my body late game probably desperate for meds after our battle.

Noe that is some trolling :D

Usually shy away from lvl 3 backpacks as I end up looting too much but it's got to be worth it just for the knowledge that someone looting your box has zero benefit :D

2 minutes ago, fobyac said:

Noe that is some trolling :D

Usually shy away from lvl 3 backpacks as I end up looting too much but it's got to be worth it just for the knowledge that someone looting your box has zero benefit :D

lol a few members of our squad needed to fill up a bunch of cars for the mission, so we were collecting, I ended up holding most of them for various reasons, and then my squad got wiped leaving me .. at this stage I decided to just take all the fuel and drop everything else for …. I admit it .. trolling reasons ….

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP
  • Like 1
  • RIP 1

On 2/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, The_Ancient_One said:

I am seeing more Moly's than before

Agree. I like seeing this, especially on Vikendi.   They are fun and I like how they expand on wood. Wish they wouldn't go out so quick.

But I would not change ANYTHING. If you want to carry a dozen nades, you do so by carrying less ammo, health, and boosts.  Up to the player, not everyone else telling him what he should or should not carry.

Milton Friedman would approve of this 😛 (Free To Choose - in reference to PUBG)

16 hours ago, R315r4z0r said:

or a level 3 bag, gotta have at least 6 smokes and 4 nades for final circles. Nades are an art and only a good chef can cook them properly. 

I'm fine with the current grenade meta. If you stock up you'll sacrifice some ammo and meds if you don't have a lvl 3 backpack. Even then they survived that long, expect them to have killed a few players and took their grenades.

Grenades used to take up less space and would send you flying to your death. I didn't find the spam that bad back then either. Occasionally you would get that one guy who has 10+ grenades, but even then it was your positioning or delayed reaction time that got you killed.

If you want to see real grenade spam, try out APB Reloaded. You can stand next to a vending machine, car with ammo modification, or a deployed ammo box to infinitely supply you with grenades. Even in that game it's only specific players that nade spam, and once you figure out their strategy they're easy to overcome.

17 hours ago, MrHappyPenguin said:

and would send you flying to your death.

I got pushed, but I survived!

• RIP 1

On 2/8/2019 at 4:47 PM, Jay Mazzy said:

Not sure if anyone else is noticing but it seems like most matches I play, I find myself in situations where someone notices me, I take cover to return fire, and all of a sudden I'm getting 3-5 grenades thrown at me. Hell, there was one match I counted 9 grenades thrown at me. I'm not faulting the tactical use for grenades, I encourage it, especially for people camping buildings/rooms. But I'm preeeetty sure having that many thrown at you in the first 20 seconds of a firefight is ridiculous.  Especially since the grenade damage distance buff that happened months ago.

Lets face it, the bread and butter of this game is the tactical gun play. NOT grenade play. The fact that a large chunk of my encounters turn into a one sided grenade throwing match (I shouldn't even HAVE to mention final circle encounters)... doesn't that say anything to anyone?

It seems like an easily applicable fix for this would be to decreasing frag spawn rate OR increase the weight of frags to limit the amount you can carry before it starts eating into the ideal amount of ammo you want to carry.

This is the beauty of battle royale and PUBG - you come across so many different playing styles, saying there should be a limit on grenades because you only carry 1 or 2 is ridiculous. Its like someone who doesnt use bolt action snipers saying they should be nerfed or something because its not what they use. 

If a player chooses to have 4-5 grenades then they are sacrificing having meds, piankillers, ammo etc. This is part of the fun and decision making in pubg, you need to learn to adapt.

I play around 2-3 hours a day and would say I dont encounter anyone launching 3-5 grenades at me that often maybe once every few nights and many a time if you have good cover can avoid them or pick them off when they stand out to chuck it.

Edited by jase888

Throwing 5 cooked nades takes over 20 seconds... If you give your opponent that much time to do whatever he wants, then you most definitely DESERVE to die to that grenade. L2p issues here.

Grenades are already balanced through weight and use time. Considering how important different tactical move a grenade is, I would say grenades are already too difficult to use for the average player, considering that only a very small % of kills are to grenades. P.S. most actual grenade kills happen on the first grenade - anything after would be avoided by default, if you actually react to the first grenade.  Again, if you get killed by 4th or 5th grenade in a barrage, well you most clearly messed up royally somehow - l2p issues.

"I don't like grenades, I don't know how to use them, nerf them to the ground" is just a cry of a 10 year old baby - it's pathetic and laughable, unless coming from an actual baby.

Edited by Biochemikas

7 hours ago, Biochemikas said:

Throwing 5 cooked nades takes over 20 seconds... If you give your opponent that much time to do whatever he wants, then you most definitely DESERVE to die to that grenade. L2p issues here.

Not only does it take 20 seconds, but during that time the thrower is not allowed to shoot at all, nor line up a shot.  In addition, the thrower has to ready and aim a weapon before they can shoot...a further second or so.

If somebody stands behind a rock for 20 seconds and can hit you OP, without looking, maybe this isn't the game for you.

love being the guy in random squads who when the squad gets into a tough fight pops 5 smokes and spams 4 nades to relieve the pressure.....and then having squad mates say "damn how many smokes you carrying" lol....."enough" is the proper answer. haha