Sign in to follow this  
Jay Mazzy

Grenade spamming is a big unaddressed problem

Not sure if anyone else is noticing but it seems like most matches I play, I find myself in situations where someone notices me, I take cover to return fire, and all of a sudden I'm getting 3-5 grenades thrown at me. Hell, there was one match I counted 9 grenades thrown at me. I'm not faulting the tactical use for grenades, I encourage it, especially for people camping buildings/rooms. But I'm preeeetty sure having that many thrown at you in the first 20 seconds of a firefight is ridiculous.  Especially since the grenade damage distance buff that happened months ago.

Lets face it, the bread and butter of this game is the tactical gun play. NOT grenade play. The fact that a large chunk of my encounters turn into a one sided grenade throwing match (I shouldn't even HAVE to mention final circle encounters)... doesn't that say anything to anyone?

It seems like an easily applicable fix for this would be to decreasing frag spawn rate OR increase the weight of frags to limit the amount you can carry before it starts eating into the ideal amount of ammo you want to carry.

• Like 3
  • RIP 3

29 minutes ago, Jay Mazzy said:

The fact that a large chunk of my encounters turn into a one sided grenade throwing match (I shouldn't even HAVE to mention final circle encounters)... doesn't that say anything to anyone?

Gotta call BS on that. A "large chunk"? Please. I can't even remember the last time I dodged a grenade, let alone got spammed with them.

I get 2-3 spammed my way fairly often.

I do appreciate they reduced their spawn rate on Vikendi a bit, i don't get nearly as many chucked at me as I used to.

I get spammed nades and I spam back too. throw in some smokes as well and the confusion is delicious.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

Whats stopping you to store grenades if thats such an easy gameplay? xD

There's nothing stopping me from doing the same, except I don't play PUBG to have a "who has the most grenades" throwing match. I keep 1 or 2 on me max for certain situations, and save extra space in case I need to quickly pick up gear after a kill.

40 minutes ago, MDK2000 said:

Gotta call BS on that. A "large chunk"? Please. I can't even remember the last time I dodged a grenade, let alone got spammed with them.

There is no BS to call, it legitimately happens to me a lot. Super happy for you if it doesn't happen to you because it sounds like you're having a better time than I am lol.

All I'm saying is if there's something in a game that is taking away from the featured core experience of the game for many people, it's time to take a look at it. It may NOT happen to you often, but if it's happening to a lot of others a lot (which is what I'm trying to figure out here), then there's an issue there.

A majority of games that have grenades and other throwables limit the amount you can carry or how often you can throw them for a reason. It's becoming a problem with the BR genre, however, because you can stockpile a large amount due to them being no-cap inventory based.

• Like 1

Here we go with another...." I don't like the way someone else has decided to play the game so the developers need to address it to force them to play the way I want them to play" threads.

I think we should get a new sub-forum and it can be titled: Make Them Conform Then all these "concerns" can be posted there and ignored as a group by everyone, including the developers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, LuckImpaired said:

Here we go with another...." I don't like the way someone else has decided to play the game so the developers need to address it to force them to play the way I want them to play" threads.

I mean... I think everyone can agree it's incredibly tilting when someone chucks 3-4 or more grenades at your general vicinity. (or even just blind throws that happen to get you)

Let the guy vent ;)

• RIP 1

1 minute ago, Imerzan said:

I mean... I think everyone can agree it's incredibly tilting when someone chucks 3-4 or more grenades at your general vicinity. (or even just blind throws that happen to get you)

Let the guy vent ;)

Titling? No.

It is tilting when someone peeks you so fast and headshots you and you never saw them peek on your screen.

It is tilting when you get the drop on someone, begin shooting them and they turn and kill you first.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fedupz said:

I get spammed nades and I spam back too. throw in some smokes as well and the confusion is delicious.

I actually won a game where a guy threw a smoke at me, and I was able to use it to my advantage to get an angle on him. Poor guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Mazzy said:

Lets face it, the bread and butter of this game is the tactical gun play. NOT grenade play.

Maybe some people think the bread and butter of the game is the fact that grenades play a big role.

I usually carry a handful.  Some people carry more. Good for them, I don't care.  Takes up space I use for meds/boosts/bullets/etc.

But you're saying since YOU don't like grenades and their usage, that the game should conform to what YOU want.

Sorry, no dice by me. I'll vote against you every time. There are things that bother me about the way some people play, but I adjust my gameplay to compensate, I don't demand the game change to my liking.

17 minutes ago, Imerzan said:

I actually won a game where a guy threw a smoke at me, and I was able to use it to my advantage to get an angle on him. Poor guy.

• Like 1

i couldve been the one to create this topic.

its standard operating procedure for most people to throw all grenades towards enemy at the start of firefights.

dont think they need to weigh more, cap carrying amount or less damage.

maybe nerf the stun effect a little.

I play shooter games to outshoot people. not outhrow them by spamming nades.

2 hours ago, Imerzan said:

I won a game throwing a nade at a guy hoping that he couldnt resist stepping out into it... wait for cloud, wait 5-6 seconds, spray cloud. Dinner. hehe

My second win ever - I won a game when the #2 guy threw a grenade at me.... poorly..... and it somehow bounced off something and killed him.

Winner, Winner....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, r0eladn said:

i couldve been the one to create this topic.

its standard operating procedure for most people to throw all grenades towards enemy at the start of firefights.

dont think they need to weigh more, cap carrying amount or less damage.

maybe nerf the stun effect a little.

I play shooter games to outshoot people. not outhrow them by spamming nades.

Yea well, not all of us has the reflexes of a 12 year old virgin, we have to find other avenues towards victory.

• Haha 2

When somebody throws a nade, they have to stand (a little bit) out in the open and it takes several seconds for the animation to play.  During that time, you have several seconds to shoot him and then run away.  Or, alternatively, reposition (which actually is a good idea, because you are standing in a grenade landing zone.)

One of the sweetest things you can do in PUBG is down a guy who was cooking a nade....especially if his BFF comes over to play...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is such a non issue. Let's not create problems where there is no problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been watching the PGL and last year the pubg invitational. I gotta say a lot of grenades get thrown in pro games as well as public games. 

With the drop percentages of throwables and relatively light weights it is just the meta. 

Im not one to ask for change I usually just suck it up and try and adapt, but like said above I can see why ppl would rather shoot it out. Imo ppl with nutty aim would like grenades nerfed as they can’t use their high skill aim to overcome all grenade situations. Put these players 1v1 with guns and they win 19/20 times. 

Tldr: nades give me a chance against nutty aim. However slightly. 

22 hours ago, Imerzan said:

I won last night chucking a smoke in the wrong direction... guy revealed himself chucking nades into the smoke thinking I was there...

... I wasn't.... 🤣

Oh, and a squad game where i died, my mate and another teammate were below some rocks and had about 16 nades chucked at them... only 1 actually did any damage lmao...

1 hour ago, Nooberst said:

I won last night chucking a smoke in the wrong direction... guy revealed himself chucking nades into the smoke thinking I was there...

... I wasn't.... 🤣

That's how you do it.

I wouldn't mind if they just changed the weight system of grenades to instead be a limit that you can carry. Something like 2 of each grenade type max (or something along those lines). That would leave grenades as a tactical option but remove the stupid nade spam that tends to occur often enough to be annoying AF.

• RIP 2

I am seeing more Moly's than before, and would not object to weight increases for all nades. But Pls continue to allow the Player the choice of how many and what; no set slots. If one takes numerous nades, that space is lost to something else, and this is the way it should be, imo. And pls do not mess with the spawn rates, if possible; am already saddened that some items are not appearing much any more.