Saphron_Lite

PUBG is dying again at the hands of Apex

Pubg made a resurgence after COD Blackout lost the novelty and made poor updates regarding the armor system , but can they rebound after the release of Apex?

I don’t know because the free to play model of Apex, along with a legit studio behind it is making Pubgs player base dwindle day by day. The buzz is only getting louder and Pubg needs to adapt or it’s really at risk now . 

This Vikendi release isn’t enough and the bugs that the new map has brought, like going underneath the map into the water, is not helping. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • RIP 12
  • Thanks 1

Chill it isn’t the first and won’t be the last BR to come to Xbox. People who want a more realistic BR will go to Pubg because when it comes to a video game, it is more realistic than the others and more tactical. It’s going to always take a hit but the hardcore player base will always come back.

• Like 15

I think it's too early to judge Apex's impact. Most recent BRs have failed, for the most part. I think pubg is safe until a triple A modern military tactical BR is released. However, if Apex somehow becomes a cultural phenomenon, like fortnite, then pubg will probably die.

I'm personally frustrated with pubg's performance and lack of map selection, so it's Apex for me for the time being. I did the same thing with COD, and I was back to pubg within 3 weeks, hah. Nevertheless, my gaming plan for now is apex until the division 2 in March.

Additionally, I don't know how much pubg Corp can "adapt." I think, and I could be wrong, but I think most people's frustration with pubg is poor performance (matchmaking, rendering, frames per second, etc), and I do not think pubg Corp will ever be able to deliver a smooth enjoyable experience to the Xbox. Hopefully they are working on pubg 2.0 with a new engine.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saphron_Lite said:

Pubg made a resurgence after COD Blackout lost the novelty and made poor updates regarding the armor system , but can they rebound after the release of Apex?

I don’t know because the free to play model of Apex, along with a legit studio behind it is making Pubgs player base dwindle day by day. The buzz is only getting louder and Pubg needs to adapt or it’s really at risk now . 

This Vikendi release isn’t enough and the bugs that the new map has brought, like going underneath the map into the water, is not helping. 

Ehhhh it may look like that if you watch twitch or mixer and see all the views for pubg lost to Apex.  You gotta understand though, these streamers have no loyalty.  They move with the hype game that comes out to please viewers.  

• Like 3

Just have to say.

It's the same song after every new title release..

When Black out, BF5, RDR2 came out I had no trouble finding a match on PUBG... These are all very good games as is APEX, but still we have our player base. There's nothing wrong to try out the new games, and if one likes it and leaves PUBG, then so be it.. I'm sure there are newcomers to PUBG as well.

It's all about the things you think are important.

For me it's the intense feeling that PUBG gives. It overcomes all the flaws and that's why I rather play PUBG then any of these new ones.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For the first time my squad and i were not having fun playing pubg anymore “happend before Apex release” 

playing pubg with 30 fps is a joke. Playing any pvp shooter game in 30 fps is a joke.

After playing Apex one of the major factors that made me like it is 60 fps and the game feels so smooth. Something i’ll never find in pubg. Thus i’ll never play pubg till it hits 60 fps 

• Like 2
  • RIP 4

I think fortnite and overwatch have more to lose to apex.   I think the BR playerbase is large and growing  it can sustain many more titles. 

The only thing killing Pubg on console is Pubg itself, and it's failure to resolve frame rate and rendering performance issues. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saphron_Lite said:

Come on, let's be real. The game has been out for less than a week. Most of the buzz is thanks to streamers who have been paid. The same thing will happen that happened with cod. Yeah it's FTP, but that doesn't keep people playing it. Only gets them to try it. 

But like blackout, it still has no atmosphere, no feeling, and crappy gun play. 

Of course it will have some impact, but definitely no more impact than I think pubg has on its own player base by having no map selection and rendering issues for some people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not a chance in hell.    Same troll posts as with bfv and bo4.   

I would like a pubg clone that was polished and actually made for consoles with a full dev team behind it... 

Honestly I think pubg will die and the game will still have issues... 

• Like 3

Only BR that could ever take me away from PUBG is PUBG 2

Edited by Mills9
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didnt care for COD BO4 and this Apex game looks like a clone to me. PUBG is simple, raw, and has a high skill ceiling - Apex is the opposite from what i can see. 

I'm sure plenty of people will love it but it's not for me.

• Like 4

I watched a guy streaming Apex and turned it off after 5 minutes. I wouldn’t play it even if it was free. 

• Haha 1
  • RIP 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nlqH5zReDAas soon as insurgeny sandstorm comes out for xbox and ps4 half way through this year it will lose quiet a few more players this game is sick already out on PC and 10times more realistic and better than pubg the amount and different game modes they have and just the whole setting of the game just makes pubg look like a ps2 game if pubg is sorted by then am away had enough of there mind games

Edited by dexter86
  • Like 1

Apex just looks like a blackout clone to me. Slick movement is all it has. The gunplay looks like complete shit.

Not even going to bother with apex. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dexter86 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nlqH5zReDAas soon as insurgeny sandstorm comes out for xbox and ps4 half way through this year it will lose quiet a few more players this game is sick already out on PC and 10times more realistic and better than pubg the amount and different game modes they have and just the whole setting of the game just makes pubg look like a ps2 game if pubg is sorted by then am away had enough of there mind games

Why doesn’t anyone still play it on PC? From what I’ve seen wasn’t impressed at all.

• Like 1

Im a hardcore pubg fan and I’m going to give Apex a go this week.

Watched a couple of videos and yeah it’s cartoony and a bit gimmicky etc but it looks like there are some satisfying tactics and gunplay which could provide genuine enjoyment. I feel like I’ll come back to pubg after that, but you never know.

If anything it could force TPP pubg players into getting used to FPP and give it a try should they return. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

Why doesn’t anyone still play it on PC? From what I’ve seen wasn’t impressed at all.

i'm not sure first time iv'e heard about it was yesterday think it came out on PC last year sometime but i'm willing to give it a go like i did pubg on day 1 i'm a hardcore fan but feel like i'm just starting to lose intrest when at one point i couldn't wait to get in from work and play it and now i just don't feel the same

• Like 1

How can you even compare these games?! It is BR, of course, but look at the environment! 

I still prefer occasional unintentended falls under the map, rather than rocket suits, portals and whatever the f* is in apex....

Stay strong PUBG!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dexter86 said:

i'm not sure first time iv'e heard about it was yesterday think it came out on PC last year sometime but i'm willing to give it a go like i did pubg on day 1 i'm a hardcore fan but feel like i'm just starting to lose intrest when at one point i couldn't wait to get in from work and play it and now i just don't feel the same

I think I’m more looking forward to Mavericks Proving Grounds, there’s not much footage yet but meant to be 1000 players with destruction.

• Like 4

I hate BlackOut but Apex is great. I have been playing Pubg since December and what we have? Still the same problems. Rendering, Dsync, movement and more. And what we get? Skins.  I'm bored with landing and waiting for the buildings to load. No i don't have SSD and Apex does not need it and he have 60fps.

• Like 1

Slight downturn because it's a new release but it's still a different gameplay type to pubg, I don't think it'll stick much, more likely to drain the fortnite horses if anything.

• Like 1

@Black Dahlia NZ -Everyone has their own opinion on other games, each being unique in its own way & what ever. 

I just don't get it, why feel the need to post them with videos on the PUBG forum.

To me that game looks the same as the current most played BR minus the building.xD

Don't get me wrong it will appeal those who don't care for the realism aspect in a game. But lets be honest from what I've seen there it doesn't look like you need any sort of skill to shoot on this game using a laser AK with zero recoil.:P

Edited by AzzaSsiin
  • Like 2