WakaFlocka

Stop putting me on servers halfway around the world!

I live in Europe and fully understand that there might not always be enough people around all the time - especially if you play particularly early or late.

However, today at around 9pm local time I was once again placed on the OC server. That makes no sense at all. It should be prime time for online gaming around here at that time and no reason at all for switching to another region.

My landing looked like this: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mccool1969/video/68888247

I have two BIG HUGE issues with the current automatic region selection/switching:

1) I always end up (unless I get my 'home region') on OC servers. That is the region that has the worst ping by far for me - see the attached screenshot (based on ping to the PC servers I assume, but probably gives a good indication). Literally any other region than OC would be better from me, but I have not even once been placed on any other server than OC when the system decides that there are not enough players in my own region.

2) The switching doesn't make sense even if the connection speed had been great. Why? Because at midnight or 1am local time where the online gaming dies down a bit it is 10am or so in Australia. Most everyone is at work or school. In the US however the evening is just beginning and tons of people are playing.

This leads me to believe that ping or even local player base in the region you end up in is not a factor in the server selection at all. It seems to be more a case of "not enough players around? Just dump 'em on the OC server..."

servers.JPG

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 3

When auto region came in.. one of my regular squad mates was in his first pre game lobby with us and said .. "wow.. they've changed the door mechanics so you can open them while you run in!!".. I said.. "no, its just because we are back on OC servers and don't have to put up with the input lag anymore" haha 

My point is I feel your frustration. We had been playing NA servers for the last 8 months.. not by choice either. and it suckkkkkkkkkks so hard. Takes ages to pick anything up. Doors dont open. Shots dont register and you die before you have been peaked. 

I hope they fix it for you EU people.. but in the meantime here are my tips for surviving on another regions servers. 

- Never fight anyone in CQC.. you wont win. You cant win unless they go full potato. 

- Never try and peak someone who may be lining you up. They will see you before you see them. every. damn. time. 

- Possibly put down the bolt action and choose a DMR.. its tough to hit single shots on another server unless the guy is standing still. 

So until its patched.. good luck on our servers boiz

• Like 3

2 hours ago, El_Gran_Orgo said:

When auto region came in.. one of my regular squad mates was in his first pre game lobby with us and said .. "wow.. they've changed the door mechanics so you can open them while you run in!!".. I said.. "no, its just because we are back on OC servers and don't have to put up with the input lag anymore" haha 

My point is I feel your frustration. We had been playing NA servers for the last 8 months.. not by choice either. and it suckkkkkkkkkks so hard. Takes ages to pick anything up. Doors dont open. Shots dont register and you die before you have been peaked. 

I hope they fix it for you EU people.. but in the meantime here are my tips for surviving on another regions servers. 

- Never fight anyone in CQC.. you wont win. You cant win unless they go full potato. 

- Never try and peak someone who may be lining you up. They will see you before you see them. every. damn. time. 

- Possibly put down the bolt action and choose a DMR.. its tough to hit single shots on another server unless the guy is standing still. 

So until its patched.. good luck on our servers boiz

Damn does that sound rough, hope they fix everything for you guys... I remember seeing your name for the first tournament kiwi had and before the tourney I recognized your name in a solo we were in together and it came down to a 1v1 me vs u and we were having a peek war and after watching kiwis tourney I heard you were from Australia cause he called your team “the aussies” lmao but I wasn’t aware of that during our 1 v 1, but now knowing that this is what you’ve been dealing with I really feel for u man, honestly hope they fix the servers for you guys 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mills9 said:

Damn does that sound rough, hope they fix everything for you guys... I remember seeing your name for the first tournament kiwi had and before the tourney I recognized your name in a solo we were in together and it came down to a 1v1 me vs u and we were having a peek war and after watching kiwis tourney I heard you were from Australia cause he called your team “the aussies” lmao but I wasn’t aware of that during our 1 v 1, but now knowing that this is what you’ve been dealing with I really feel for u man, honestly hope they fix the servers for you guys 

The real question is who won that 1v1? haha

12 minutes ago, El_Gran_Orgo said:

The real question is who won that 1v1? haha

😂😂😂 I did, it was a real good fight though, we were battling it out. It was on sahnok, we had a peek war behind two rocks when there was only 3 alive , I think we both had DMRS and we were hitting each other a good bit but neither of us wanted to die so we both said screw it and headed towards the final circle and u killed the 2nd to last guy on ur way to the circle and then we had another peek war and the circle made u move and that’s when I got u lol i wish I woulda clipped it, idk why I remember it so well but this was a good bit ago 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WakaFlocka said:

I live in Europe and fully understand that there might not always be enough people around all the time - especially if you play particularly early or late.

However, today at around 9pm local time I was once again placed on the OC server. That makes no sense at all. It should be prime time for online gaming around here at that time and no reason at all for switching to another region.

My landing looked like this: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mccool1969/video/68888247

I have two BIG HUGE issues with the current automatic region selection/switching:

1) I always end up (unless I get my 'home region') on OC servers. That is the region that has the worst ping by far for me - see the attached screenshot (based on ping to the PC servers I assume, but probably gives a good indication). Literally any other region than OC would be better from me, but I have not even once been placed on any other server than OC when the system decides that there are not enough players in my own region.

2) The switching doesn't make sense even if the connection speed had been great. Why? Because at midnight or 1am local time where the online gaming dies down a bit it is 10am or so in Australia. Most everyone is at work or school. In the US however the evening is just beginning and tons of people are playing.

This leads me to believe that ping or even local player base in the region you end up in is not a factor in the server selection at all. It seems to be more a case of "not enough players around? Just dump 'em on the OC server..."

servers.JPG

Are you spamming play once the game launched or you just finished a match? When I start the game there's always a red "OC" sign next to the play button. Wait about 10 seconds and it disappears. After that it always puts mit either in my preferred region (EU) or sometimes NA if EU takes too long. But never OC. I think a lot of people press start while the red sign is still there. The game needs a few seconds to figure out which region you are.

3 hours ago, Inimini315 said:

When I start the game there's always a red "OC" sign next to the play button.

That is the case for me as well. I always wait until it goes away though, but still end up on the OC servers quite often.

Still haven't played on the NA servers which should be the obvious choice based on connection if my local region is short of players.

The vikendi update brought nothing but trouble. Havent played my Server since then. Only OC 99,999% of the time. I am in SA so woul usually play SA or NA which is bearable but OC? Wtf.