gased

PUBG lights in building super bright

3 hours ago, gased said:

in some matches the lights in building are so bright

20190206183927_1.jpg

20190206183928_1.jpg

20190206183932_1.jpg

Same bug for me but a few weeks ago. Solution download the last driver of nvidia 417.71

Hello Gased,

Thank you for the bug report and Tokitomaster for the suggestion.

As Tokitomaster has mentioned below, he had resolved an issue similar to this by downloading the latest NVIDIA driver.

Please let me know if this did help resolve your issue also @gased

2 hours ago, tokitomaster said:

Same bug for me but a few weeks ago. Solution download the last driver of nvidia 417.71 

23 hours ago, gased said:

Seems like that was the problem thanks a lot 

Thank you for the update.

I'm still getting this problem and I have Nvidia driver 418.81, it happened to me in several matches tonight. 

It used to be that changing the Shadows setting to something else and then back to what you have it at (Very Low, in my case) would fix it. But that fix didn't work for me tonight.

Hey guys, can you try clean reinstalling your drivers? We are not receiving a lot of these reports and as such it is hard to pinpoint the issue. It may be the case of a corrupted file within the driver installation. Reinstalling the latest or downgrading to the previous driver version using clean reinstall can help fix the issue as others have reported. 

I have noticed this on occasions when I am picking up loot. Room will be dark, but when I press tab to grab loot, the room becomes super bright and will remain bright for a period

I've been playing with my graphics settings lately, and I think a certain setting or two trigger this, they also trigger the red hue becoming dominant on Miramar inside buildings...

I don't know if I could replicate it, because I changed settings a lot...

On 2/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, PUBG_HappyWhale said:

Hey guys, can you try clean reinstalling your drivers? We are not receiving a lot of these reports and as such it is hard to pinpoint the issue. It may be the case of a corrupted file within the driver installation. Reinstalling the latest or downgrading to the previous driver version using clean reinstall can help fix the issue as others have reported. 

I did a clean install and the problem seemed better for a while but then it returned after a couple hours of playing. Quitting to desktop and then coming back in fixed it again for a while but it later returned. Today I got prompted for a new driver update which I (clean) installed. I haven't seen the problem since then, but I haven't played much. If it returns, I'll add another update.

The bug is a little bit game-breaking because while it's hard on the eyes when you're inside, it makes it super easy to spot players outside and to spot players who are inside buildings. Since the player shadows are also bugged, you can see people coming around corners really easy as well.

I see this a lot with my nvidia rtx 2070 card it gives the player who experience the bug a very big advantage since player shadows are visible through floors and even outside everything is just very bright and it gets easier to spot enemies. I would say it's game breaking.

Problem is, if its a driver thing and it gives you a big advantage people won't update the drivers so then the game must force players to update to a non bugged driver version...

edit: Perhaps it's a rtx thing I have friends with rtx 20xx cards who also experience this bug. Often this bug happens after playing some matches without restarting the exe.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Screenshot 2019.02.10 - 23.15.09.50.png

Edited by Snorren

4 hours ago, gharp said:

I did a clean install and the problem seemed better for a while but then it returned after a couple hours of playing. Quitting to desktop and then coming back in fixed it again for a while but it later returned. Today I got prompted for a new driver update which I (clean) installed. I haven't seen the problem since then, but I haven't played much. If it returns, I'll add another update. 

The bug is a little bit game-breaking because while it's hard on the eyes when you're inside, it makes it super easy to spot players outside and to spot players who are inside buildings. Since the player shadows are also bugged, you can see people coming around corners really easy as well.

Thank you for the update Gharp.

Which driver update was prompted for you which you did the clean install?

22 minutes ago, PUBG_Sheepy said:

Thank you for the update Gharp.

Which driver update was prompted for you which you did the clean install?

It was the Nvidia Graphics driver (to 418.91). 

Another data point. I played a couple games tonight with no issues, but in the middle of the second game I decided to change my Effects setting from Very Low to High and that triggered the bug. I played around a little and determined that changing Effects to anything higher than Medium caused it -- go figure.

30 minutes ago, gharp said:

Another data point. I played a couple games tonight with no issues, but in the middle of the second game I decided to change my Effects setting from Very Low to High and that triggered the bug. I played around a little and determined that changing Effects to anything higher than Medium caused it -- go figure.

Thank you for the Information @gharp

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello players,

@Snorren @Nooberst @Champs17 @gased @phoenx @tokitomaster @Le chum

Are you able to download the latest NVIDIA Graphics driver (418.91) to see if this resolves your issue.

After doing so, can you please check if by changing the In game effect settings from very low to medium or above causes this issue to occur again. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gharp said:

I played many more games last night and this lighting bug never returned, so that's good. Maybe 418.91 is the key? 

I also tried messing around with the Effects settings in a few more games and it never triggered the bug again either, though I did notice that the screen would "flash" when I'd change the setting, as if the bug was just about to happen then it would revert. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2019 at 3:55 AM, PUBG_Sheepy said:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello players,

Are you able to download the latest NVIDIA Graphics driver (418.91) to see if this resolves your issue.

After doing so, can you please check if by changing the In game effect settings from very low to medium or above causes this issue to occur again. 

RTX 2070 on 418.91. New drivers did not fix this.

The bug appeared by playing around with quality of the shadows and effects. When the bug has appeared it stays bugged for the subsequent rounds.

769799578_PLAYERUNKNOWNSBATTLEGROUNDSScreenshot2019_02.15-17_43_30_56.png.77ba7dd22f4e34293082fbab1e09cc67.png

Edited by Snorren

On 2/14/2019 at 3:55 AM, PUBG_Sheepy said:

Hello players,

Just right now I got the same bug, from sudden without changing anything at all. 

my friend sitting next to me, he has exact the same PC. latest Nivida driver and he never get that bug. 

Edited by gased

17 minutes ago, gased said:

Just right now I got the same bug, from sudden without changing anything at all. 

my friend sitting next to me, he has exact the same PC. latest Nivida driver and he never get that bug. 

Are you also running the latest driver version?

Just now, Takarii said:

Are you also running the latest driver version?

Yes for sure

Confirming this bug is still happening from time to time. GTX1070 + 418.91 driver (clean install).

Edited by Gatsu