Sign in to follow this  
Ari Oskar

Help with SSD and set up

Hello friends, just looking for info on the specs for a real good SSD setup recommendations.  I only play Pubg on my x and want the best experience I can have.  

Also, how do I go about getting the game over to the SSd?  Thanks!

If you explored a bit you could find answers but nevermind, get the cheapest 250gb ssd Amazon can bring you and an enclosure which is better than just a sata>usb cable which cost the same! To put the game inside the ssd your Xbox has the ways go to settings>storage and you will see your internal and the ssd, you choose the internal put transfer and connect the dots, enjoy 

Samsung 860 EVO. Get at least 500GB. If you're at all handy, I would recommend doing an internal install for best performance. It's quite easy and it's nice to not have to have a drive hooked up all the time. Don't worry about copying PUBG over. Just re-download it. All your data is saved to the cloud anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ari Oskar said:

Hello friends, just looking for info on the specs for a real good SSD setup recommendations.  I only play Pubg on my x and want the best experience I can have.  

Also, how do I go about getting the game over to the SSd?  Thanks!

Please utilize the search function next time. There are several threads on this topic already

I for one don't care that someone just jumped in and asked for help on the SSD, in my opinion, the more the merrier! 

Simply put, you need to find an SSD with about 250gb worth of space. Xbox recommend it for games, however smaller units can be used strictly for DVR recordings {some people say that they are getting away with 240gb of space} Also, make absolutely sure it is a SOLID STATE DRIVE, and not just a typical hard drive that forgot to explain to you what it really is. Seagate has a hard drive for the xbox, but its not much faster than what is currently in the xbox.

Next is an enclosure or hook up, depending on your preference. I prefer a enclosure as it keeps your SSD nice and safe from dirt, dust, moister, and mine also offered the screw driver to open it as well as some foam pads to protect it from shocks and bumps. All in all however, it must be hooked up via USB 3.0

After that, go into settings, then storage, then the xbox will ask you if you want to format it, yes you do, and you want to format it for video games. NOT MEDIA!

After that, download or move PUBG to the new storage unit, and boom. Profit! 

I went with a discontinued sandisk ultra 2 with 960GB, cause it was on sale for $150 😮 

1 hour ago, madrigal77 said:

Samsung 860 EVO. Get at least 500GB. If you're at all handy, I would recommend doing an internal install for best performance. It's quite easy and it's nice to not have to have a drive hooked up all the time. Don't worry about copying PUBG over. Just re-download it. All your data is saved to the cloud anyway.

I guess you have your start up on the SSD as well then? Is it any quicker? I have the same drive but just plug it into the USB port at the min as I’m not too bothered about a extra 1/gbs but would be very handy for the boot process and like you said looks a lot better 

24 minutes ago, BuckStar said:

I guess you have your start up on the SSD as well then? Is it any quicker? I have the same drive but just plug it into the USB port at the min as I’m not too bothered about a extra 1/gbs but would be very handy for the boot process and like you said looks a lot better 

It's definitely quicker. Dashboard is more responsive too. Not a huge difference, but it's definitely better. If you've ever done any work on a PC before, it should be a pretty easy job for you. It took me about an hour because I was nervous and taking my time, but I could probably do it again in about 20 minutes.

Also, for anyone interested, Amazon (US) has Samsung 860 EVO's on sale for 25% off right now. Good time to pick one up!!

https://www.pcgamer.com/Save-on-the-Samsung-860-Evo-SSD-range-at-Amazon/

5 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

I for one don't care that someone just jumped in and asked for help on the SSD, in my opinion, the more the merrier! 

Simply put, you need to find an SSD with about 250gb worth of space. Xbox recommend it for games, however smaller units can be used strictly for DVR recordings {some people say that they are getting away with 240gb of space} Also, make absolutely sure it is a SOLID STATE DRIVE, and not just a typical hard drive that forgot to explain to you what it really is. Seagate has a hard drive for the xbox, but its not much faster than what is currently in the xbox.

Next is an enclosure or hook up, depending on your preference. I prefer a enclosure as it keeps your SSD nice and safe from dirt, dust, moister, and mine also offered the screw driver to open it as well as some foam pads to protect it from shocks and bumps. All in all however, it must be hooked up via USB 3.0

After that, go into settings, then storage, then the xbox will ask you if you want to format it, yes you do, and you want to format it for video games. NOT MEDIA!

After that, download or move PUBG to the new storage unit, and boom. Profit! 

I went with a discontinued sandisk ultra 2 with 960GB, cause it was on sale for $150 😮 

Thanks for your response and enthusiasm!  See y’all in game!