Sign in to follow this  
loyalityy

Alternative to SSD?

I was looking for some SSD's, but price's are high for me at the moment.

So I found the Sandisk USB Flashdrive 3.1 128GB version (In the description says " You can save console games on"

1-) Anyone experiences with that?

My another question is:

I will start streaming via Xbox (without any other extern device) - just Xbox only

Do I need extra space?

If yes;

2-) Can I save the stream on the USB Flashdrive?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, loyalityy said:

So I found the Sandisk USB Flashdrive 3.1 128GB version (In the description says " You can save console games on"

My another question is:

I will start streaming via Xbox (without any other extern device) - just Xbox only

Do I need extra space?

If yes;

Thanks!

You won't get the same pubg benefits with it that you would with an SSD................which is why I assume you want it

• Confused 1

One of the mods posted a link to one on here a week or so ago. It was an internal SSD and you would need to buy the housing for it too, total cost probably about £60 i think. Apologies I can't find the link but that is a route you might want to check out.

• Like 1

It has to be at least 240gb for xbox, so that won't work.

Also, a flashdrive won't improve the rendering anywhere near as much as an SSD (if at all!).

Don't waste your money.

• Like 3

Not only does it need to be 240Gb minimum, it also needs to be of a certain speed, which flash drives don't live up to. If you try it with a flash drive, you will only be able to put media on it, not games. Sorry, but SSD is what you have to use. But they aren't terribly expensive these days. I think you can get everything you need for under $50.

• Like 1

240gb SSD's are getting cheaper and cheaper by the minute.   Even a basic name brand like Kingston and such will give you a great boost for around 30, add a $6 sataIII to usb3.0 cable and for around $35 you are not only rendering pubg before you land, you are cutting loading time of any other game you stick on the drive :)

• Haha 1

Brand PNY-- You can get 240G for $69.99 shipped via Amazon or local Best Buy sells them for about +$10. I run it. I want a larger one but, it gets the job done. I keep 2-3 games on it; only the ones that I am currently running.

• Like 2

Idk where you live but Amazon Europe has Kingston ssd for 36e and enclosure around 9e you won't find any cheaper and It works perfect I render vikendis castle before my chutes open and I'm using that cheap one 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjarQue said:

Idk where you live but Amazon Europe has Kingston ssd for 36e and enclosure around 9e you won't find any cheaper and It works perfect I render vikendis castle before my chutes open and I'm using that cheap one 

@jjarQue is right....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-SA400S37-240G-Solid-State/dp/B01N5IB20Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549468108&sr=8-3&keywords=Kingston+ssd

That's probably your best cheap option. It has the housing listed there to........there will be similar for US markets etc

Edited by MajorClagNut
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

@jjarQue is right....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-SA400S37-240G-Solid-State/dp/B01N5IB20Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549468108&sr=8-3&keywords=Kingston+ssd

That's probably your best cheap option. It has the housing listed there to........there will be similar for US markets etc

Actually Amazon in the us is much much bigger and has better discounts let's see what he says 

• Like 2

Thanks all for the feedback and your time to read and answer the question.

You're all amazing! :x

• Like 2

5 hours ago, loyalityy said:

My another question is:

Do I need extra space?

If yes;

Thanks!

Blue hole fixes thier game

• Haha 1

You would probably see a bit of a boost with an external 7200RPM drive, but really, if you're going to get an external drive, it's better to save up a bit extra and get an SSD.

• Thanks 1